Undeniable proof that a Chinese Democracy re-release was almost done

ManetsBR

Check out the copyrights date:

CDChiDemGrenade37.JPG

Remember that on 2011 after Rock in Rio they started using some new stage gear as the giant inflatable Red Hand and the Mao Tse Tung head? Well, turns out that perhaps that wasn't unjustified.

Credits to NGOG and Troccoli.

Edited by ManetsBR

Of course he was right, I don't know why you doubted him so much. Probably it was meant to be released with the Remixes album as well.

I still think that the powerpoint thing was fake. He must have an insider in the music biz who gave him some info and thats it.

I do believe however that he heard the remix album n some other tracks.

CDChiDemGrenade37.JPG

Remember that on 2011 after Rock in Rio they started using some new stage gear as the giant inflatable Red Hand and the Mao Tse Tung head? Well, turns out that perhaps that wasn't unjustified.

By the time there was no management, maybe Doc has a schedule but once he was gone so was the plan.

CDChiDemGrenade37.JPG

I do not quite follow. What is that item in the photo?

Of course he was right, I don't know why you doubted him so much. Probably it was meant to be released with the Remixes album as well.

I still think that the powerpoint thing was fake. He must have an insider in the music biz who gave him some info and thats it.

I do believe however that he heard the remix album n some other tracks.

I think he has said that he knows someone who is freinds with the band. Also I think he might have a connection to Duff somehow.

Theres really no reason to bash MSL, he only cupcakes when hes tryin to get stuff to share. Hes been told not to discuss the power point becaause of legal issues.

I still think that the powerpoint thing was fake.

The powerpoint was definitely real because when we were all discussing it like crazy, Axl actually formally addressed it on Twitter. He didn't deny that they were actual plans suggested by management, he merely said they were ideas that he was never fully committed to.

Regarding the dating of the booklet, it could either support the theory of a re-release or suggest that it is in fact a fakery. GNR themselves on Twitter sometime last year claimed the Grenade booklet in circulation was nothing more than a bootleg.

I tend to agree with the re-release theory. Surely somewhere there is a warehouse full of these things?

The credits go to NGOG, he was the one who found it: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/200614-chinese-democracy-alternate-booklets-full/

It's the backcover of the How Are You Grenade alternative booklet from Chinese Democracy. When Chinese Democracy was put on pre-sale at Best Buy, they had Cover Aa, Cover Bb, and Cover Cc. For some unknown reason, Bb and Cc were later removed and never really released. There have been some copies of Red Hand, which for some reason we assume it's Bb, found all over the world. As for the How Are You Grenade cover, this is actually the first time we see the whole thing.

Around 2010 and 2011 there were strong rumors of a re-release with a remix album, but no one really cared that much. Then, Better Gone and a snippet from Blood In The Water, both from the remix album, leaked. And now we have this undeniable re-release proof.

Edit: This is definetly real. MSL got it on the end of 2010 with Mr. Soul Monster, who send him the booklet for Better Gone.

Of course the camp said suggested - but never really confirmed - that it's possibly fake. Damage control.

Edited by ManetsBR

1. Why can't this band properly release anything?

2. Really? A remix album? You put out one album in 20 years, supposedly have a vault full of "big guns", a current band that loves to write music.......and your second release since keeping the GnR name alive is a remix album? Can this band please hire a real management team?

yes, this is a good proof, but the end of the day, nothing comes out...

This explains why MSL so silent about 2011, lol

The credits go to NGOG, he was the one who found it: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/200614-chinese-democracy-alternate-booklets-full/

It's the backcover of the How Are You Grenade alternative booklet from Chinese Democracy. When Chinese Democracy was put on pre-sale at Best Buy, they had Cover Aa, Cover Bb, and Cover Cc. For some unknown reason, Bb and Cc were later removed and never really released. There have been some copies of Red Hand, which for some reason we assume it's Bb, found all over the world. As for the How Are You Grenade cover, this is actually the first time we see the whole thing.

Around 2010 and 2011 there were strong rumors of a re-release with a remix album, but no one really cared that much. Then, Better Gone and a snippet from Blood In The Water, both from the remix album, leaked. And now we have this undeniable re-release proof.

Edit: This is definetly real. MSL got it on the end of 2010 with Mr. Soul Monster, who send him the booklet for Better Gone.

Of course the camp said suggested - but never really confirmed - that it's possibly fake. Damage control.

I am aware of this and even remember when the 3 appeared on Best Buy (minus, pictures) but the 3-cover plan (including that Grenade cover) was 2008 when the original album was released. The remix plan was, 2010/11. It does not match up, or am I missing something?

They planned on releasing the 3 covers on 2008, but it didn't work out. Then, on 2010/2011 they planned on re-releasing Chinese Democracy, making a proper release this time: promotion, all the 3 covers, and release also a remix album. But, guess what... It didn't work out either!

Edited by ManetsBR

They planned on releasing the 3 covers on 2008, but it didn't work out. Then, on 2010/2011 they planned on re-releasing Chinese Democracy, making a proper release this time: promotion, all the 3 covers, and release also a remix album. But, guess what... It didn't work out either!

That is a theory not a fact Manets........

3 covers on 2008: FACT.

Didn't work out: FACT.

2010/2011 re-release: The picture on the OP is a very strong evidence. Add that to the strong rumors back then, the remix album leaks, and the new tour gear related to the alternative artwork (like the Chinese Democracy fist on the piano top, the giant inflatable Mao head and the Red Hand) and I think it's pretty safe to say: FACT.

Didn't work out either: FACT.

Edited by ManetsBR

Ahh, so they planned on re-using the three covers for 2010/11 and this is from that. I remember MSL's tale and - quoting from memory - I think he said that CD would be re-released with an extra disc featuring remixes and Atlas Shrugged. That is what I remember.