Undeniable proof that a Chinese Democracy re-release was almost done

ManetsBR

Theres really no reason to bash MSL.

Yes there is. He is an obnoxious egomanic man-child who uses the internet to satisfy his need for attention and importance. He is hurtful and disrespecting towards other people and doesn't care about the rules of message boards because he feels he is that special starpower guy who can do what he wants with no repercussion.

there's plenty of reason to bash on MSL and that's just the start.

Then there's the rest of it which I hopefully don't have to get into.

Ok, thanks for that.

I don't doubt that there was going to be some re-release or whatever. It's really annoying that there is no official communication about anything. This and that Beta thing on the other forum. It's a sad sad week for GNR fans. Like every week before wasn't enough! Har har har har!

:cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took me a while to get to this but here you are:

Oh man, where to start. Let’s start with MSL. Yes, I bought the grenade cover from him (not a secret or anything, can be deduced with some simple research and logic) and I also purchased (at the same time) a red hand cover from him (I wanted to keep my sealed copy sealed). Did I pay what he wanted? No. Did I pay on the cheap? Also no. We reached a price that we were both happy with. Since that transaction I have actually visited the guy (I’ve been to his house) and he his intelligent, nice, and most importantly, not a bullshitter. No, I did not see the memory stick, but I saw/heard other great stuff.

About the cds. First of all, as others here have already mentioned, the red hand cover is legit. It was market ready, with the Best Buy sticker and all. Why at the last minute it didn’t happen? Who knows, really? Maybe some licensing thing with one of the artists, no idea really. What’s really weird is that heretodaygonetohell STILL has it listed as being fake. Is this an oversight or just more weirdness from the GNR camp? Can’t say, really.

Yes, the grenade cover booklet and cd is not the same quality as the red hand or the regular version. And believe you me, as soon as I received it and looked at it I filed a dispute on PayPal that I immediately (if I remember correctly) escalated to a claim. After many professional and courteous emails and phone calls with MSL, as well as “others”, I was able to verify that this item is indeed legit. I withdrew the claim of course. It was intended as an in house demo/prototype/promo cd only, hence no need to make it market quality. Why then does the GNR camp deny it or continue to call it fake? Sometimes I think that anything that was never officially released they call fake. Refer to 2nd paragraph with htgth still calling the red hand fake.

Of course, with regard to the grenade cover at least, it could be too that if they call it real they might get sued by the artists who did the artwork. I can't say this for the red hand because Guns N Roses either bought or licensed that artwork already. But imagine you were going to make a demo/prototype/mock-up. Why pay for the artwork and/or licensing at that point? Wouldn't make much sense. I'd wait at least until the thing got greenlit at the next level before contacting/paying the artists. This could explain why you won't see any mention of it on the artists' sites, or why if you ask them they will have no knowledge.

Look, I wish I could tell you who I talked to plus other intimate details of the story. If you heard them, you'd be convinced. For now I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. That will be enough for some of you. For the rest of you I don't know what to say, but you are entitled to your opinion of course.

• Like 1

Oh man, where to start. Let’s start with MSL. Yes, I bought the grenade cover from him (not a secret or anything, can be deduced with some simple research and logic) and I also purchased (at the same time) a red hand cover from him (I wanted to keep my sealed copy sealed). Did I pay what he wanted? No. Did I pay on the cheap? Also no. We reached a price that we were both happy with. Since that transaction I have actually visited the guy (I’ve been to his house) and he his intelligent, nice, and most importantly, not a bullshitter. No, I did not see the memory stick, but I saw/heard other great stuff.

About the cds. First of all, as others here have already mentioned, the red hand cover is legit. It was market ready, with the Best Buy sticker and all. Why at the last minute it didn’t happen? Who knows, really? Maybe some licensing thing with one of the artists, no idea really. What’s really weird is that heretodaygonetohell STILL has it listed as being fake. Is this an oversight or just more weirdness from the GNR camp? Can’t say, really.

Yes, the grenade cover booklet and cd is not the same quality as the red hand or the regular version. And believe you me, as soon as I received it and looked at it I filed a dispute on PayPal that I immediately (if I remember correctly) escalated to a claim. After many professional and courteous emails and phone calls with MSL, as well as “others”, I was able to verify that this item is indeed legit. I withdrew the claim of course. It was intended as an in house demo/prototype/promo cd only, hence no need to make it market quality. Why then does the GNR camp deny it or continue to call it fake? Sometimes I think that anything that was never officially released they call fake. Refer to 2nd paragraph with htgth still calling the red hand fake.

Of course, with regard to the grenade cover at least, it could be too that if they call it real they might get sued by the artists who did the artwork. I can't say this for the red hand because Guns N Roses either bought or licensed that artwork already. But imagine you were going to make a demo/prototype/mock-up. Why pay for the artwork and/or licensing at that point? Wouldn't make much sense. I'd wait at least until the thing got greenlit at the next level before contacting/paying the artists. This could explain why you won't see any mention of it on the artists' sites, or why if you ask them they will have no knowledge.

Look, I wish I could tell you who I talked to plus other intimate details of the story. If you heard them, you'd be convinced. For now I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. That will be enough for some of you. For the rest of you I don't know what to say, but you are entitled to your opinion of course.

Thank you for sharing.

What's up with the Locomotive video? Have you seen it already?

It's an amazing booklet troc, and I'm slightly envious I have to say :)

Thanks!

Very cool man, thanks!

No problem, you're welcome.

Thank you for sharing.

What's up with the Locomotive video? Have you seen it already?

Posting soon.

I can live without a book.

Troccoli, did u hear MSL's remixes?

Perhaps not all of them, a lot of songs he received after I visited. But yes I did hear remixes of some songs. Hard for me to recall which I'm sorry. Better of course.

Guest charlie555

Check out the copyrights date:

CDChiDemGrenade37.JPG

Remember that on 2011 after Rock in Rio they started using some new stage gear as the giant inflatable Red Hand and the Mao Tse Tung head? Well, turns out that perhaps that wasn't unjustified.

Credits to NGOG and Troccoli.

I haven't read through this thread and am not going to - but seriously - you have to be fucking joking.

That is the biggest fake I have ever seen.

The '10' and '11' are out of line with the rest of the text for a start. Not to mention they are brighter than the rest of the text, and clearly have been photoshopped in.

There was never any plan for a 2010 or 2011 release. The only way this could possibly be semi-authentic is if Team Brazil ran an arts and crafts afternoon at Axl's mansion and Fernando used scissors and glue and whipped this fucked up number up.

• Like 1

i agree with thinking about you here , im friends with tim and hes the most genuine guy your likely to meet , why im suspicious is because msl said he received the cd from a friend and claimed it was a prototype (possible) , msl's friend has been trying to sell the second cd (same as tims) ive been in contact asking the guy asking a few questions and i was told that the 2 disc weren't bought in the usa but actually found in a shop outside the us , i was told the second was still sealed , when i asked for pictures as i was interested in buying it , the seller sent me the most unconvincing two pictures i have ever seen and everything about the conversation made me believe the cds are fake , another thing ive noticed on the back of the booklet it says made in the usa but its a european pressing of the album ? not sure if all european pressings would have this ? i dont mean to knock your cd tim and i hope for you it is offical !

Edited by little hon
  • Like 1

i agree with thinking about you here , im friends with tim and hes the most genuine guy your likely to meet , why im suspicious is because msl said he received the cd from a friend and claimed it was a prototype (possible) , msl's friend has been trying to sell the second cd (same as tims) ive been in contact asking the guy asking a few questions and i was told that the 2 disc weren't bought in the usa but actually found in a shop outside the us , i was told the second was still sealed , when i asked for pictures as i was interested in buying it , the seller sent me the most unconvincing two pictures i have ever seen and everything about the conversation made me believe the cds are fake , another thing ive noticed on the back of the booklet it says made in the usa but its a european pressing of the album ? not sure if all european pressings would have this ? i dont mean to knock your cd tim and i hope for you it is offical !

I'm skeptical I haven't ruled it fake or legit