I asked Beta about a new album and she replied...

ManetsBR

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the restaurant analogy.

"Waiter, can you please tell the chef that this food is kind of bad?"

"Stop complaining and enjoy your food.

no it's like the waiter finishes her shift and on her way home and the creepy guy who wasn't at the restaurant that weekend, and probably not for a while tracks her personal instagram an asks her when the next menu is out. That he owe's it to him because he eat there once.
lol no

You fail at analogies.

if i was beta, i would have told him to fuck off as well.

Of course you would. Cuz if you were Beta you'd be a fat, old, talentless, manipulating housekeeper turned mommy to a nutcase. That's what dumb shits like that do. :shrugs:

Edited by magisme

Does anybody else find it interesting that Axl and TB take a private jet and the rest of the band fly coach?

Ok, I'll have to defend'em here. There's a picture from the 2010 South America Tour, where Axl and the whole band are sharing the same regular flight.

Guest charlie555

no it's like the waiter finishes her shift and on her way home and the creepy guy who wasn't at the restaurant that weekend, and probably not for a while tracks her personal instagram an asks her when the next menu is out. That he owe's it to him because he eat there once.
lol no

You fail at analogies.

if i was beta, i would have told him to fuck off as well.

Well maybe you should gain 100 pounds, start eating spicy food, pop a couple of useless kids out and find a famous rockstar to hypnotise and indoctrinate.

Then you'll be in a position to do just that.

Because wanting an album is totally outrageous, amirite?

There is a time and place. She might have an open instagram but its usually more for her family than for fans.

there could be a 100 reasons why there isn't an album and they will have there reasons for it not to go public.

There is a time and place. She might have an open instagram but its usually more for her family than for fans.

there could be a 100 reasons why there isn't an album and they will have there reasons for it not to go public.

If she wanted a private instagram for friends and family, she could set one up easily. Her instagram is clearly aimed towards fans of the band just as much as friends and family.

And yeah, sure... I'd rather pay $150 for a copy of a new album at this point rather than a ticket to another live show, but I guess that makes me not a real fan, so whatever.

If we don't support the band's intentions, whatever they may be, we don't really support them then, I guess.

Guest charlie555

Does anybody else find it interesting that Axl and TB take a private jet and the rest of the band fly coach?

Ok, I'll have to defend'em here. There's a picture from the 2010 South America Tour, where Axl and the whole band are sharing the same regular flight.

Correct, and also in the Europe tour 2010 the band had a band jet.

But generally Axl and TB take private jet on the internal legs and the band either bus (lol metal dude) or fly commercial. Seems like such a waste.

I guess it's Axl's choice but given the surprisingly large cost of private jet travel and te continued deterioration of attendance numbers I wouldn't have thought it prudent to do so.

If she wanted a private instagram for friends and family, she could set one up easily. Her instagram is clearly aimed towards fans of the band just as much as friends and family.

And yeah, sure... I'd rather pay $150 for a copy of a new album at this point rather than a ticket to another live show, but I guess that makes me not a real fan, so whatever.

If we don't support the band's intentions, whatever they may be, we don't really support them then, I guess.

I'd rather pay 150 dollars for a new album rather than going to a free GNR concert without second thoughts.

And by new album, I mean anything sang by Axl. Literally.

i bet there's more people out there that would spend $150 to see them live over a new album.

not saying that's people here, or even me, but its obvious they will make $$ by touring.

you know what?

i see your point, but still: fuck you!

One fucking album since 20 years man, one fucking album...

Guest charlie555

No, not when the band and band members twitter tweets links to her Instagram.

Are you seriously suggesting it is private only? Why then do TB refer to themselves as TB in such a way as to garner attention and tweet and instagram eaxh other? There was no team Merck or the Azoff Alliance.

Yeah, how dare the fans want new material from their favorite band, what an atrocity.

I guess we should all just be happy with Axl Rose touring as a nostalgia act playing songs from 20 years ago. I wonder how long it's going to take until Bumblefoot or DJ leave because it's obvious they want to be in a actual rock band who record actual music, not a cover band.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

i bet there's more people out there that would spend $150 to see them live over a new album.

not saying that's people here, or even me, but its obvious they will make $$ by touring.

No shit, but that doesn't make it right, nor is Axl catering to the people who have stuck by him and the band year after year.

If that's how you feel then that's fine and you're entitled to your opinion, but I have no problem saying that if the band doesn't announce and album or at least a single, they should just stay silent.

I think you're all overreacting. Beta wouldn't, for obvious reasons, be the most savvy at social media. I don't think she got Manets' satire the way we would nor do I think she intended to come across as arrogant.

Agreed. She may not have gotten what seemed like a sarcastic joke by Manets.

Ali

No shit, but that doesn't make it right, nor is Axl catering to the people who have stuck by him and the band year after year.

If that's how you feel then that's fine and you're entitled to your opinion, but I have no problem saying that if the band doesn't announce and album or at least a single, they should just stay silent.

Well look at it this way, no tours are booked up now. They might just be working on an album this winter after all...

Wow. So fans are "creepy guys" in your book?

Can you guys imagine Beta in a corporate office meeting room trying to negotiating with professional businessmen? What a trainwreck. And we wonder why this band hasn't released a second album yet.

Guest charlie555

You might have just hit the nail on the head there.

Even worse, Fernando turns up to meetings quite often for the band. How lucky Universal must be for him to even give them the time of day...

Wow. So fans are "creepy guys" in your book?

Can you guys imagine Beta in a corporate office meeting room trying to negotiating with professional businessmen? What a trainwreck. And we wonder why this band hasn't released a second album yet.

Absolutely shocked to see people like Ali and Axl-morris defending Beta's response. Wow. Even as much as you guys worship Axl's every move, how can you say that her response wasn't disrespectful and rude. She is the band's MANAGER. Repeat that setence in your head. She is the band's MANAGER. A fan asked about a new album and instead of giving a respectful/professional answer, she responded like an angry teenage girl.

This band needs to get a real manager. ASAP.

I get where you're coming from, and I know it wasn't ok what she did, but I wouldn't crucify her for that, I mean If I was the one getting the same question from the same people all the time, then I would as well get upset, from time to time, and after all we all make mistakes, for example Axl shouldn't have let Buckethead go out of the band, Adler should have keep himself away from the drougs and Myles should be working with Alter Bridge instead of Slash. So I don't know, maybe she was upset at the moment she wrotte the message or something, anyway I still don't get why so many people hate Beta, at least she took care of Axl when there was no one else, even before the old band's demise.