Fast Food

Snake-Pit

Back in college we'd go down bar street and when we were hungry we'd stop in the gas station and get two sandwiches for $2.50 and a pack of smokes to split.

This was probably a step higher than wonder-bread and bologna, but food is food. It all tastes glamorous when it's microwaved and when you're drunk.

Actually, I'll take that back. It was a tier above a wonder-bread sammy because they had some sort of laboratory-developed, egg substance in them. The stuff transforms into something miraculous though when they're zapped for thirty seconds. Nothing hot sauce and kraft cheese can't fix either.

What I am getting out of this conversation is that a lot of you all hate McDonald's except one or two food items they offer.

Thus this solidifies the FACT that everyone likes McDonald's. Enjoy your denial and shame.

Nope, I hate Macdonald's with absolutely no exceptions for one or two food items: all their food is equally rank.

Can someone answer me why everyone who works at Macdonalds must have skin which consists of volcanic protrusions? Even the spots are developing spots on these kids. Pus, acne, greasy hair also - you are trusting people who have never seen a bar of soap in their life to prepare food!

Can someone answer me why everyone who works at Macdonalds must have skin which consists of volcanic protrusions? Even the spots are developing spots on these kids. Pus, acne, greasy hair also - you are trusting people who have never seen a bar of soap in their life to prepare food!

Because teenagers only get acne if they don't wash.

Yes but do Macdonalds specifically choose employees with skin which resembles Vesuvius? ''Sales Assistant Required. We are looking for a teenager with questionable dermatology. Hair grease preferred''. I wonder when Macdonald's staff are frying their food and they run out of oil, whether or not they just use a bit from their head?

Yes but do Macdonalds specifically choose employees with skin which resembles Vesuvius? ''Sales Assistant Required. We are looking for a teenager with questionable dermatology. Hair grease preferred''. I wonder when Macdonald's staff are frying their food and they run out of oil, whether or not they just use a bit from their head?

Fast food has high turnover. If you show up for the interview chances are you'll be hired.

• 9 months later...

Chippies tend to be turks a lot round London.

Yeah, I was going to say Greek, but, Turks sound right, I thought Greek and thought 'White enough'. :lol:

Guess they got that and Kebab shops goin' on :lol:

Edited by Snake-Pit

In the late-19th century - early twentieth century many poor southern Italians migrated to Britain and opened up either Fish and Chip shops or Ice Cream parlours. One of the more overlooked diasporas to this island.

Cuz they dont make a lot of noise. They're still about too, theres a good Italian contigent over in Watford, i shop at the deli there and in talking to the guy who runs it he said they used to have a do down the town hall every Christmas and proper pack it out. The most noise they ever made was when Italy won the World

Cup and all these lads were burning it down the street, hanging out of windows shouting ITALIA, ITALIA! :lol:

In the late-19th century - early twentieth century many poor southern Italians migrated to Britain and opened up either Fish and Chip shops or Ice Cream parlours. One of the more overlooked diasporas to this island.

Cuz they dont make a lot of noise. They're still about too, theres a good Italian contigent over in Watford, i shop at the deli there and in talking to the guy who runs it he said they used to have a do down the town hall every Christmas and proper pack it out. The most noise they ever made was when Italy won the World

Cup and all these lads were burning it down the street, hanging out of windows shouting ITALIA, ITALIA! :lol:

True, the Italians integrate well.

True, the Italians integrate well.

I guess there isnt that same pronnounced cultural gulf. I mean its there obviously in tons of ways but there wont be quiet the same kind of culture clash as there is with say muslims or whatever who represent a culture sort of at odds with what exists here, as un-PC as it is for me to say that. Thats not to say they cant/wont ever fit in, i guess with any sort of coming together like that everybody has to meet each other halfway.