When you say you want a GNR reunion, you really mean...

Guest NGOG

Like i said, izzy as a writer for an album-gilby as a touring guitarist - izzy, duff and slash have always said they could write a proper gnr album in a week - and have one sitting around from the early vr days - axl's voice is shot and he wants to be a dictator anyway.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one day they feel like they want to play gnr songs on tour they should ask Axl "We want to reunite, do you want to?". He'd probably say "No". Well then they should tour with Myles (if he'd want to). Call their band something that resemble to Guns N Roses and just do it. That'd be cool I think.

Guest Manny Manner

If one day they feel like they want to play gnr songs on tour they should ask Axl "We want to reunite, do you want to?". He'd probably say "No". Well then they should tour with Myles (if he'd want to). Call their band something that resemble to Guns N Roses and just do it. That'd be cool I think.

Like Velvet Revolver?

Guest Manny Manner

Why does anyone think that Adler could cut in on the road or in the studio? He couldn't cut in 1990. How could he do so now? He's 20+ years older, has had a stroke, and is still a junkie- plus he really couldn't play all that well to begin with. His potential was realized on AFD- and there is no way he could still play that stuff as well and I doubt he could play the UYI material at all. It cracks me up anytime I hear someone say that he needs to be involved in a band of any kind, much less any sort of GNR reunion.

Edited by Manny Manner

Why does anyone think that Adler could cut in on the road or in the studio? He couldn't cut in 1990. How could he do so now? He's 20+ years older, has had a stroke, and is still a junkie- plus he really couldn't play all that well to begin with. His potential was realized on AFD- and there is no way he could still play that stuff as well and I doubt he could play the UYI material at all. It cracks me up anytime I hear someone say that he needs to be involved in a band of any kind, much less any sort of GNR reunion.

He can still drum fine, as evidenced by Adler's new music the past two years. I can't say I'm a huge fan but the drumming is energetic and sounds very much like Adler always did

The issue is that he personally is just such a fucking mess that it makes his drumming irrelevant

He can still drum fine, as evidenced by Adler's new music the past two years. I can't say I'm a huge fan but the drumming is energetic and sounds very much like Adler always did

The issue is that he personally is just such a fucking mess that it makes his drumming irrelevant

Agreed. Yes, it would be cool and authentic if he were involved in a GNR reunion, but I don't see why so many people are against Matt Sorum and gay for Steven Adler. Matt Sorum's an excellent drummer, and with him you know you won't be having to look over your should to make sure he's keeping up.

Axl and Izzy were the songwriting machine. Without Izzy the band just derailed and dismantled. It became the Axl Vs. Slash show. Something had to give. Axl made his choice, and Slash made his. They'll never step on the stage together again. That's how it is.

Tanks N' Tulips is NOT the same thing as seeing Guns N' Roses.

I think if Slash were to be there Duff should be there as well. To me Duff's bass sound on the old GNR material was very important. This is especially true for songs like You Could Be Mine and Sweet Child. Besides, I hate Stinson with a passion. At that point I don't see why Izzy wouldn't wanna come back as well. He wrote most of the stuff after all. I honestly don't care who the drummer would be. If they could already get back Slash, Duff and Izzy than the drummer could be anyone for all I care.

I'm so glad NGOG is here to tell me what I really mean. :rolleyes:

A bit egotistical if you ask me. Apparently people aren't allowed to have their own opinions and preferences.

All I care about is hearing new music from my favorite rock singer of all time. One album of new material over the past 20 years? It's a crying shame.

I don't care if Axl records with the old band, the current band, if he hires Tracci Guns and Ole, or if he fronts Enuff Z Nuff's next album.

Think about bands like Aerosmith, Stones, Metallica - those guys have released SOOOOO much music for their fans to enjoy. It sucks that my favorite singer doesn't really care about that aspect of his music career. And it sucks that his management family doesn't care about the fans either. Axl's career has to go down as one of the top 10 tragedies in hard rock music history. This guy could have released 10-12 albums now and be considered one of the top 2-3 rock singers of all time. It's like if Michael Jordan would have retired after winning his first two championships and then came back and played for the Wizards at the end of his career.

I think it depends on how closely you listen to the music. I think Steve is a great drummer, but I don't think he was capable of the vibe on songs like Estranged, Locomotive, Coma etc...

If there was a reunion, for me... live it would have to be the UYI lineup (touring or album), or Steven for the Appetite stuff and Matt for the UYI stuff. Izzy and Duff are requirements in my mind. The way the new guitarists play, is totally different than what Duff and Izzy did. Tommy's sound is really dry and lacks the color of Duff's sound that I love.

Matt's drumming is totally different than Frank's. Frank doesn't like the typical flams, fills and reverb that Matt used. I think that's a big part of what made The 'big 5' songs so huge sounding - that massive reverb on the drums and the space between each tom in a fill.

On an album, Izzy, Duff, Slash, and Axl are required writers. I'd like to hear Matt and Steven drum on songs that suit their style.

Duff expendable? Remove It's so Easy, Paradise City and Civil War from the setlist then.

Yea, Duffs groove is way to important. For me I'm taking him over Tommy any day, though at this point I think Axl would have to flip a coin.

In my case, Izzy's just as important. Duff and Steve are completely expendable, but Axl/Slash/Izzy were the AFD trifecta that made that album as good as it was.

i agree with this, I still prefer to have Duff as well as I always enjoyed his bass lines in GNR, but I dont give a damn who drums.

In my case, Izzy's just as important. Duff and Steve are completely expendable, but Axl/Slash/Izzy were the AFD trifecta that made that album as good as it was.

i agree with this, I still prefer to have Duff as well as I always enjoyed his bass lines in GNR, but I dont give a damn who drums.

Obviously it's preferable to have Duff and Steve/Matt over randoms, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it is all I'm saying.

A random thought I had earlier whilst thinking about stuff unrelated to GnR.

What Slash and Axl need is a common enemy. It's how it works in the movies, an evil force so great they are forced to come together and fight for the greater good. Any suggestions....? ;-)

A random thought I had earlier whilst thinking about stuff unrelated to GnR.

What Slash and Axl need is a common enemy. It's how it works in the movies, an evil force so great they are forced to come together and fight for the greater good. Any suggestions....? ;-)

Team Brazil? =))