Avenged Sevenfold "Hail to the King"

Val22

This is the new single from A7X and the first song off their upcoming "Hail to the King" cd which will be released on Tuesday, August 27.

I just love this song. The band sounds great and M. Shadows sounds fuckin amazing on vocals. Love the whole medieval times feel to it. It's also got an Iron Maiden feel to it too. I've loved this band since City of Evil and have seen them live many times. They have a great energy onstage and are just amazing live! I am glad I got to see The Rev play before he died, but I'm so glad the band has found a new drummer who has brought a new energy to this band.

The cd release will be followed by an arena tour and I can't wait to see them when they come back to Dallas on October 19. I know this is going to be a great show and I'm so glad when hard rock and metal bands get to play big arenas. I know A7X will bring the house down that night!

Anyway, check out the single. I think it's awesome and I can hear the growth in this band. I know the Rev would have wanted his friends to continue doing what they love.

I'll be at the Dallas show. A7X is awesome.

Me too. Tickets go on sale, August 9 and they're playing the American Airlines arena.

I totally love it when hard rock and metal bands get to play big arenas! A7X have a huge fan following in Dallas and I'm sure they will pretty much sell out this show!

Can't wait. I've seen them so many times and they get better every damn time!

I'll be at the Dallas show. A7X is awesome.

Me too. Tickets go on sale, August 9 and they're playing the American Airlines arena.

I totally love it when hard rock and metal bands get to play big arenas! A7X have a huge fan following in Dallas and I'm sure they will pretty much sell out this show!

Can't wait. I've seen them so many times and they get better every damn time!

yeah agreed, me and my wife have been following them for a long while now and seeing them get American Airlines Arena makes me real happy! Just hope tickets aren't outrageous!

Probably one of the most predictable "metal" songs I've ever heard. Not a bad band and I'm sure the album will have some decent songs, but this is crap.

i tend to agree, never been a fan, but at least this song is better than the screamo shit they used to do.

Probably one of the most predictable "metal" songs I've ever heard. Not a bad band and I'm sure the album will have some decent songs, but this is crap.

i tend to agree, never been a fan, but at least this song is better than the screamo shit they used to do.

Nah, Waking The Fallen was the best thing they ever did, this sounds incredibly uninspired in comparison. I'm glad to see people still digging them though, it's cool that there's still a well loved rock band around with talented players but I think they've passed their creative peak.

Their self titled is pretty underrated, I loved that album when it came out, A Little Piece of Heaven is one of their coolest songs. City of Evil is a good record too, since then I've always had the feeling they really want to be like the next Guns N' Roses, which has basically been confirmed as Shaddows has frequently stated they're his main influence. I recently saw a picture of him with long red hair and a bandana :rofl-lol:

That said they've pretty much achieved that, one of the worlds most popular hard rock bands and also one of the worlds most widely hated hard rock bands next to Nickelback

Nah, Waking The Fallen was the best thing they ever did, this sounds incredibly uninspired in comparison. I'm glad to see people still digging them though, it's cool that there's still a well loved rock band around with talented players but I think they've passed their creative peak.

Their self titled is pretty underrated, I loved that album when it came out, A Little Piece of Heaven is one of their coolest songs. City of Evil is a good record too, since then I've always had the feeling they really want to be like the next Guns N' Roses, which has basically been confirmed as Shaddows has frequently stated they're his main influence. I recently saw a picture of him with long red hair and a bandana :rofl-lol:

That said they've pretty much achieved that, one of the worlds most popular hard rock bands and also one of the worlds most widely hated hard rock bands next to Nickelback

seriously? that is too funny.

as for avenged sevenfold i really dont have a huge hate for them, i never liked their music but i thought from a musician standpoint, they are very good musicians.

the band i despise and hate the most is five finger death punch :lol:

:rofl-lol: couldn't agree more

have you heard any of their new stuff? it is worse than all their other shit combined,

all i could think of when listening to it was a guy in a trailer with tribal tattoos,wearing a wife beater, drinking natural light, beating his hick pregnant girlfriend. the over top the tough guy "bro" lyrics are just laughably bad.

I agree about them being somewhat predictable. Once you can get over that their pretty good. I think Wake the Fallen and City of Evil are their best. So I'm hoping the new album is more like them.

:rofl-lol: couldn't agree more

have you heard any of their new stuff? it is worse than all their other shit combined,

all i could think of when listening to it was a guy in a trailer with tribal tattoos,wearing a wife beater, drinking natural light, beating his hick pregnant girlfriend. the over top the tough guy "bro" lyrics are just laughably bad.

The one with Rob Halford? Yeah... I heard it on the radio while at work, lols were had

I can't imagine what the crowd at one of their shows is like. I mean as much as I hate to say it metal shows generally have awful crowds as it is, but Five Finger Death Punch?

Anyone have the presale password for tickets?

Tickets for Dallas go on sale August 9. No password yet.

Usually he has his hair cut real short and stuff but looks like he's obviously been growing it out recently:

m-shadows-2013.gif

I think he's pretty cool and a good frontman. Looking forward to hopefully seeing them live again. :)

M Shadows is one of the best frontmen in hard rock today. These guys rock and are fuckin amazing live!

A7X has been one of those bands that either fans love or really hate. What I love about them is that they are super nice guys (met them in 2010) and they give all for their fans. As for their haters, they don't give a shit and can back it up!

Usually he has his hair cut real short and stuff but looks like he's obviously been growing it out recently:

m-shadows-2013.gif

I think he's pretty cool and a good frontman. Looking forward to hopefully seeing them live again. :)

M Shadows is one of the best frontmen in hard rock today. These guys rock and are fuckin amazing live!

A7X has been one of those bands that either fans love or really hate. What I love about them is that they are super nice guys (met them in 2010) and they give all for their fans. As for their haters, they don't give a shit and can back it up!

Hopefully they are mature enough to not care about "haters"........IE: people who don't like the sound of their music, not sure why anybody over the age of 15 uses that description............and they just concentrate on pleasing their fans.

Val, I've noticed that you use the F word a lot in your posts. Twice in this thread to describe how much you like this band. Is that one of your favorite words?

Does your son like this band?

I know I'm "supposed" to like them because people say they sound like old GnR. But that's what has actually turned me off on them. I've only really heard their singles and it seems like they took the GnR thing a little too much to heart. And the singer's voice is a bit too whiny for me to enjoy. Didn't they have one called Seize the Day or something like that? Terrible song. Val, does that make me a "hater"????

Fans of the band, not counting the singles they've released, what are a few of their best songs that you'd tell somebody to check out? I'll give it a shot tonight and check out a few other songs.

m-shadows-2013.gif

Hopefully they are mature enough to not care about "haters"........IE: people who don't like the sound of their music, not sure why anybody over the age of 15 uses that description............and they just concentrate on pleasing their fans.

Val, I've noticed that you use the F word a lot in your posts. Twice in this thread to describe how much you like this band. Is that one of your favorite words?

I know I'm "supposed" to like them because people say they sound like old GnR. But that's what has actually turned me off on them. I've only really heard their singles and it seems like they took the GnR thing a little too much to heart. And the singer's voice is a bit too whiny for me to enjoy. Didn't they have one called Seize the Day or something like that? Terrible song. Val, does that make me a "hater"????

Fans of the band, not counting the singles they've released, what are a few of their best songs that you'd tell somebody to check out? I'll give it a shot tonight and check out a few other songs.

You just don't give up, do you? Honestly dude you have too much time on your hands to look and reply to every post I post. Very sad.

m-shadows-2013.gif

You just don't give up, do you? Honestly dude you have too much time on your hands to look and reply to every post I post. Very sad.

First off...........I don't "look and reply" to every post you make.

If you post in a topic I'm interested in, and you post something that I feel like commenting on - then I reply. In case you weren't aware, that's how a forum works.

Pretty egotistical of you to think that people would actually specifically follow you around though.

So let's obey the forum rules and leave the personal attacks aside. I didn't insult you one time in my post. I simply asked you a few questions. You made the statements, I'm just curious as to why you say the things you do. Usually people interact with each other on forums.