Avenged Sevenfold "Hail to the King"

Val22

Fans of the band, not counting the singles they've released, what are a few of their best songs that you'd tell somebody to check out? I'll give it a shot tonight and check out a few other songs.

Try I Won't See You Again Tonight Part 1, Strength of the World, Fiction, and Unholy Confessions.

• 2 weeks later...

They are pretty good imo. I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. They are flying the flag of hard rock/metal for a new generation, which is good imo. But they don't write very good songs, so I can't call myself a fan.

If Metallica and Guns N' Roses had a baby it would be Avenged Sevenfold. But not as good as either.

Shepard of Fire is one I'll most likely skip most of the time.

Doing Time is pretty cool. Shadows has a pretty nice Axl scream in the beginning.

This Means War sounds so much like Sad But True lol Cool song though.

Requiem is different, but good. Might be a grower.

Crimson Day is really good. Ballad type song, which this band seems to do great with. I can see this one as one they'll be doing live.

Heretic is good. Definitely liked it a lot on the first listen.

Coming Home is really good. Liked it a lot on the first listen and will definitely skip to that a lot.

Planets is really heavy. Lyrics are kind of goofy, but really good, heavy track.

Acid Rain is another ballad-esque track. Not as good as Crimson Day, but still pretty good.

Overall on the first listen, probably 7.5/10. It'll probably grow on me, but overall I think it's a pretty good album. Not as good as Nightmare, but a nice addition to the band's discography.

Hail to the King drops on Tuesday August 27. I can't wait.

I love A7X and can't wait to hear the new songs.

Got awesome tickets for the Dallas show on October 19. I will be flying in from Orlando Florida that afternoon but nothing is stopping me from seeing this show.

Requiem and Planets are probably my least favorite songs on the album.

Planets has so much potential if it wasn't for that awful "When planets collide!" bit in the song. Everything else is really good besides the symphony instruments bit, honestly.

Requiem is good, but the chanting choir thing in the beginning is kind of 'eh'.

Every other track is really good though, and Acid Rain might be growing on my more than Crimson Day.

cant wait to see them this tour. ghost is opening!

Yeah, I'm so curious about this band Ghost BC. I've seen their videos and they are weird. The singer has a good voice. It reminds me of early King Diamond.

I wonder if it's just an act or these guys are into some strange religion.

Anyway, got great sets for this show. I can't wait. It's the fourth time I'm seeing A7X. I can't wait for Tuesday when Hail to the King is released. These guys just get better and better everytime.

This show is going to rock big time!