Regarding Miser..

bacardimayne

I know this isn't worthy of a new thread, but the old one was closed and I just wanted to get my 2 cents out.

I'm by no means a Miser fan, but it's been about 3 days since his thread privileges were removed and I can honestly say the forum just feels more boring now. As of now I support the idea of giving him a 3 thread-per-day limit, perhaps with a ban on certain subject matter (Punk, racism, etc) that he's abused in the past. Maybe make him write a long-winded apology/admittance that he was wrong. I'm sure he'd do it. This forum is basically his life.

Guest Manny Manner

Vega? I was wondering why he hadn't posted lately. It does seem a bit boring since he stopped and I really haven't seen why he's so hated by certain people here. I never saw him insult anyone (directly) and I thought some of his threads had interesting topics at least, but I'll admit that I am pretty new here so I may have missed some things in that regard.

On sober reflection, I do realize that for one, I was wrong and I could see why ten threads a day or eight threads a day--half legit, half just to piss off Lenny--would alienate people, make them hate me, make them wish I was gone. I was given a limit, but ignored it due in part of my love of the forum, my enthusiam for sparking discussion here, and also certain people sort of cheering me on to do it, filling my head with grandiose but ultimately egotistical thoughts. Basically, people who I won't mention fed my ego, and that, along with a lot of other factors, including as I said, a love of the forum created this toxic brew which made me create so many threads, so often.

So I admit that the fault is mine, and mine alone.

I also admit that my conduct in the now removed thread, my response to this ban on threads, was both reactionary, juvenile, immature and unfair to the mods. HV and the others have done a lot of hard work with me, in that they've been there and kept me around when really it would've been easier just to ban me. I've been unfair to them and in my actions have shown a lack of respect--but I didn't mean to. But I will applaud them for their patience with me, their fairness and their willingness to be as understanding as possible--Under different people, such as Madison, I would've been long since banned.

So, I apologize to them for acting ungrateful for their kindness and patience, and I apologize to the forum for being such a cunt so often.

Like I said, the mods and Administration--HV especially--have been trying very hard to be accomodating to both me and the forum and I pissed on that, and I pissed off a lot of people here, and I apologize. I was wrong. And I was acting untouchable and acting like an egomaniac, and I paid the price for it. But I will say that, at least half of my threads, did have a good intention. But it was just too much. Even if it wasn't ME making the threads, ten threads a day or whatever would seem like flooding the forum to ANYONE.

And I am sorry if it seemed like I was purposely trying to "take over" the forum--I honestly wasn't. I was just trying to stir discussion about a largely dead/inactive band that I love on a forum that is LITERALLY like a second home to me--I kinda live for this place, to be honest. Been coming here since I was a preteen.

But once more, I apologize, and I ask for the forums, HV's, and the mod's forgiveness. I do love you all, otherwise I'd have quit here a long time ago. I accept that for now this is my punishment, a just punishment that was long coming, but I hope that in due time, when HV decides it's right, that I can get to make new threads, with something like Bacardi said--a 3 or 4 thread a day cap....That would be fair and cool. But until that time, I accept my punishment, and I apologize to HV, to the Mods, to Lenny, to Nate and anyone else I've offended/pissed off/alienated.

I also send a SPECIAL apology to Axl's Rocket Queen. I was totally out of order and unkind to her in the thread the other day.

Thanks again for all your patience and kindness. I'm sorry I'm a cunt.

I would like it if Miser could start threads again. As the OP stated his opinion, I must say I agree with him. Miser may annoy some of you but he's been an absolute sweet heart to me and some of his threads

have been interesting to say the least. Reinstate!

<3 ya miser!

Sheri.

Edited by Sheri_Rose

I tend to agree with the suggestion of a 3 or 4 thread limit per day. I think it's a bit boring here lately too and it's a shame because it doesn't have to be that way.

I think the mods have done a good job at being pretty tolerant of all the different personalities and it should stay that way. Miser clearly acknowledged that he overdid it, so lets let him out of prison, with parole conditions. :lol:

Exile seems a little harsh, since this is a pretty democratic place IMO.

I find it pathetic that he can't start threads, honestly. People complain about Team Brazil's censorship the whole time and look at what we're doing. If you don't like his topics, simply don't open them! It's so fucking easy. Actually, if you don't like him, you can block all his topics and posts from appearing. That's right!

He has all the right to express his ideas. Like it not, but he's part of this community, and no one is making you enter his threads and read all he has to say. This is bullshit. Pathetic and unfair move.

Edited by ManetsBR

Guest Manny Manner

I find it pathetic that he can't start threads, honestly. People complain about Team Brazil's censorship the whole time and look at what we're doing. If you don't like his topics, simply don't open them! It's so fucking easy. Actually, if you don't like him, you can block all his topics and posts from appearing. That's right!

He has all the right to express his ideas. Like it not, but he's part of this community, and no one is making you enter his threads and read all he has to say. This is bullshit. Pathetic and unfair move.

Some people live to complain though- that's why you see people who hate Axl and the new lineup post the exact same thing on every single thread every single day.

i think a 3 or 4 a day cap is fair, his apology i think is a big step in the right direction. if he goes over the line and abuses the 3 or 4 a day, maybe give him a suspension(which would probably be beneficial to miser to be honest, allows him to take a step back)

Can we not just limit them? The 3-4 topics a day idea is a really good idea imo. I think that would be fair, it would let Miser post more and would make sure he doesn't go too crazy.

It isn't the same without his topics! It's not like we have anything else to talk about

Please Subsy and the rest of you guys :tongue2:

Edited by ZoSoRose

I like Miser. But here's the deal: we've all, on the mod team, spoken to him many times about his behaviour here. My own discussions with him stem all the way back to since before I was a mod. I don't want to embarrass him or make it seem like I'm poking fun at him, because I'm not, but to put this in some kind of context: he literally PM'd me years ago (multiple times) asking what to do to improve his reputation here, get people to like him, etc., almost like he was at his wit's end and just needed someone to give him advice. I always felt a bit sorry for Miser when people would gang up on him, and I remember writing him long, truthful responses recommending what he should do -- stop letting the trolls aggravate him, stop creating a million repetitive threads every day, stop going on temper tantrums and purposely irritating people, for example -- and he basically would turn around and just completely ignore all my advice.

I know this also happened fairly recently with almost all of the mods speaking individually to him about his forum spamming with the endless threads. He always plays nice via PM, is fine for a day or two, then turns around suddenly and reverts backwards.

I don't think he always does it intentionally, and I have some sympathy in that regard, but it doesn't make it any easier for other posters. We get a vast number of complaints quite often about his behaviour (just look at the two topics made in Support recently, not to mention all the reports filed). Sometimes, yeah, other people kind of egg him on, but lately I haven't been seeing that as much. Seems more like he's just seeking attention.

You can say, "If you don't like the threads, don't open them," but when the entire first page or so is all threads by a certain user, many of them duplicates of threads made numerous times over the years...well...it can understandably get a bit tiresome!

An admin made the call on suspending his thread-making abilities and so I don't want to speak for anyone else on the mod team or make promises I can't fulfill. We're not really out to censor or be dicks to anyone. But at the same time, you guys don't necessarily realize how extensive our communications with him have been behind-the-scenes, and I think we all just kinda finally got burnt out on dealing with the same shit every day.

Anyway, at the end of the day it's nice seeing input from everyone and I appreciate it, but it's ultimately up to Miser to try to re-establish good faith. Maybe if he displays good behaviour for a while his suspension from creating topics will be reconsidered. (But ultimately, that's up to the admins. As I said, I don't want to speak for them.) I'm going to close the thread because I think the discussion has run its course, we have a pretty good idea of how people feel about it, and we'll see how Miser acts in the days going forward. :)