Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Just got back from a 2 week European Vacation...it was awesome ;)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,764 posts
  • 02-December 04

...and I saw a familiar painting in the Vatican...

1073877_10201465759472312_2013670288_o.j

1074193_10201465756592240_466080851_o.jp

Edited by Kasanova King, 27 July 2013 - 09:10 PM.

fontana.gif

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 9,323 posts
  • 12-July 12
Where'd you go? :)

Obviously besides Rome.
~~~~ :awesomeface: :awesomeface: {{{{{{{{{{{{{ :awesomeface: }}}}}}}}}}}}}} :awesomeface: :awesomeface: ~~~~

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,764 posts
  • 02-December 04

Where'd you go? :)

Obviously besides Rome.

...yes Rome, Genova Italy, Marseille France, Barcelona Spain, Palma De Mallorca Spain, Valencia Spain....and then spent 6 days at my family's house in Abruzzo, Italy...

fontana.gif

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 9,323 posts
  • 12-July 12
Soooooo jealous!!!!! Sounds awesome. Italy is my most favourite country on the planet. Never get sick of it, I love the diversity from north to south. The south of France and Spain are breathtakingly beautiful too.

How insane is the art at the Vatican museum? Amazing, amazing place!!!
~~~~ :awesomeface: :awesomeface: {{{{{{{{{{{{{ :awesomeface: }}}}}}}}}}}}}} :awesomeface: :awesomeface: ~~~~

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,764 posts
  • 02-December 04

Soooooo jealous!!!!! Sounds awesome. Italy is my most favourite country on the planet. Never get sick of it, I love the diversity from north to south. The south of France and Spain are breathtakingly beautiful too.

How insane is the art at the Vatican museum? Amazing, amazing place!!!

I adore Italy too (although I am biased since most of my family is from there)...and yes, the Vatican is absolutely amazing.  I have been there about 3 other times but never appreciated how incredible the art work was until this past trip.  It finally dawned on me that the Vatican has to be (if not the) one of the most valuable places on earth when it comes to the actual priceless wonders that covers the (seemingly) endless walls.  What separates the Vatican from a museum like the Louvre, is the fact that the art work is painted directly on the walls and ceilings, making the building/buildings themselves priceless works of art.  Absolutely breathtaking.

Edited by Kasanova King, 27 July 2013 - 09:29 PM.

fontana.gif

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,385 posts
  • 17-February 06
Cool! Hope you had a good time :)

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• SILVER Supporter
  • 16,493 posts
  • 25-November 02

I adore Italy too (although I am biased since most of my family is from there)...and yes, the Vatican is absolutely amazing.  I have been there about 3 other times but never appreciated how incredible the art work was until this past trip.  It finally dawned on me that the Vatican has to be (if not the) one of the most valuable places on earth when it comes to the actual priceless wonders that covers the (seemingly) endless walls.  What separates the Vatican from a museum like the Louvre, is the fact that the art work is painted directly on the walls and ceilings, making the building/buildings themselves priceless works of art.  Absolutely breathtaking.

I'd love to visit the Vatican but I can't quite get over how contradictory the whole set up is to the apparent message of Christianity. :vomit:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

I'd love to visit the Vatican but I can't quite get over how contradictory the whole set up is to the apparent message of Christianity. :vomit:

The bit from 40 seconds onwards about Churches makes so much sense.

supercool

supercool

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • 17-March 10

karl marx makes much more sense.

no slash, no gnr

magisme

magisme

Wanker in Chief

• GOLD supporter
  • 9,580 posts
  • 04-January 12

The Vatican is breathtaking.

My favorite:

300px-Michelangelo%27s_Pieta_5450_cropnc

For a terrorist, Amir really is a good looking guy

He can blow up my p**** any time

*KABOOM!*

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

Unfortunately, thats all he ever made :lol:  Sense on paper.

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 9,323 posts
  • 12-July 12

Of course it is and they make no attempt to hide it whatsoever. Visiting the Vatican shows you in an absolute sense the power that the Catholic Church used to have. It's really worth seeing, whether you're a believer or not. It's just an incredible place.

supercool

supercool

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • 17-March 10

not bad for a philosopher and theorician. not many can pretend to make sense, even on paper. :lol:

if other people misunderstood marx's theories, it's not really his fault.

marx > 2pac

no slash, no gnr

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --

Unfortunately, thats all he ever made  Sense on paper.

not bad for a philosopher and theorician. not many can pretend to make sense, even on paper. 

marx > 2pac

Yeah, i never seriously entertained the comparison between one of the greatest thinkers of the last fuck knows how many years to an ill-educated highly precocious gangster rapper from the mid 90s :lol:

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts
  • 08-January 04

not bad for a philosopher and theorician. not many can pretend to make sense, even on paper.  :lol:

marx > 2pac

Thing is with Marx, his ideas are great on paper. But then again, communism is great on paper as well. It's fair and well-balanced, but due to human nature impossible to put to practice without corrupting it. 

Ontopic: Sounds like a great trip! 

Three hour meeting starts NOW!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users