Changes to MYGNRFORUM.com

highvoltage

Isn't the idea of a community that people are sort of familiar with each other? And isn't a consequence of that that people might chat a little between threads, it's not impossible to post something to drag a thread back on topic if you've got something to say about the matter? I mean i know you got PMs and all this stuff but does it all have to be so ridgid, i mean, people do come here ostensibly for a laugh y'know, if it's really that like...regimented it's kind off putting. This ain't directed at the mods btw.

I have to agree with this. HV, I understand where you're coming from, and I think everyone has done a pretty good job of reigning in the off topic banter, but the fact is that this forum is held together by the regulars that come here every day. In doing so we get to know each other a bit and from time to time there are posts made that only the regulars would understand the meaning of. It's part of the fun and the reason we keep coming back. Like Len said, making it so regimented is off putting and all the fun is lost. I'm not sure what the answer is to making it a more friendly environment for newcomers, but taking the relaxed, conversational atmosphere away from the regulars isn't going to be of any benefit IMO, it will just stifle the conversation.

Ban Redhead and it all disappears!

Just looking at the 'likes' from this post (the usual suspects) proves that I'm not the only one with a so called 'clique'. :lol:

You just highlighted that I'm not the centre of the problem. :takethat:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Red! Nobody is trying to take that away. The sense of community is the most important thing about this place... part of that is that it also needs to feel like an "open" community, rather than a closed one. :)

The problem is that sometimes the off-topic stuff comes out of nowhere and goes on for too long (some of it I hid from the French-speaking thread, for example) and it becomes something enjoyed solely by two or three people, rather than everyone. Does that make sense?

It's certainly not about taking the fun away, and it's not black and white either. I'm not saying not to be chummy, or that some off-topic posts here or there are a bad thing... threads need to be allowed to change direction and flow naturally. But posters should also cast a thought to other people participating in a thread and make sure that personal jokes don't get in the way of other discussions.

It's been far less of a problem lately, but the same people are still complaining instead of acknowledging that. I don't want to single you or anyone else out unfairly, because people constantly complaining about this are part of the issue too.

I would rather everyone just take this on board and try to let go and move forward from whatever personal grudges there are in regards to this.

If it continues to be a problem, we'll work through it with people and find a middle ground. Right now, things seem OK to me.

ONLY A SUGGESTION:

There should be some sections called:

Axl's projects

Slash's projects

Izzy's projects

Duff's projects

Adler's projects

to replace the "GUNS N'ROSES NEWS" Section.

I'm not creating this suggestion for trolling, i'm only suggesting.

That way we would give a fair rest to the great name GUNS N'ROSES, which is not being well represented currently.

Maybe you guys could fix it so that people can't quote more than one previous post? Sometimes it'a just fucking ridiculous(spelling?) how much nonsense you have to scroll through before reaching an actual new post.

Edited by Funkadelic

Of course you would delete my posts

even though they were well thought out and had valid points without having to insult anyone

Great Job :thumbsup:

Your posts were deleted because they had no context without the 5 pages of arguing I also just deleted.

Guys, cut the crap. If you want to go back and forth taking shots at each other, do it in PM's. don't litter threads like this with it.

• Like 1

even though they were well thought out and had valid points without having to insult anyone

Your posts were deleted because they had no context without the 5 pages of arguing I also just deleted.

Guys, cut the crap. If you want to go back and forth taking shots at each other, do it in PM's. don't litter threads like this with it.

Then delete all the fucking posts about the same thing. Doing this, it looks like the mods have taken a side, clearly. It's not personal to you but it''s how it feels.

It's not so difficult.

Edit: And the Rusty and Diceman posts what had to do with this?

Edited by izzygirl
  • Like 1

Then delete all the fucking posts about the same thing. Doing this, it looks like the mods have taken a side, clearly. It's not personal to you but it''s how it feels.

It's not so difficult.

Edit: And the Rusty and Diceman posts what had to do with this?

I did delete all of the posts about it, except for Redhead's post that got the whole thing going, and I only left that because HV had already addressed her post.

**Apologies to those that weren't involved in the removed posts and have to read this**

What is all this garbage? Did any of you even read what I wrote?

I wasn't inviting the issue for discussion - I acknowledged the issue, and was asking people to stop complaining about it, give it a rest and let us act on it as necessary in going forward. The discussion is completely unproductive and is only continuing to make things worse. We want to fix this problem, we're not interested in taking sides, regardless of what it looks like. Let us do our jobs.

If people can't get past their issues and continue to derail threads arguing with each other about it, the offenders will all be banned. The fact I'm having to make this post really bothers me - the hostilities between some of you keep crossing into threads and it brings the whole forum down. There's been a noticeable improvement the past couple of weeks and we intend for that to continue.

As for the rest, if you're curious why certain members were banned - PM and ask me, rather than speculating when you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Shit moderating. My caustic remark about Manets makes no sense without the context. Should have been deleted. Clearly the mods hate Manets.
:rolleyes:

So there's ONE post I forgot to check the delete box when going through all that shit. Obviously, if we hated Manets, then he'd be banned. But if you're that bothered by it, then I'll go back and delete that post too...

I thought I could get away without emoticons with that one. :lol:

I was joking, dude. I'm not that much of an ass. :hug:

Changes are awesome as I thought of them all :)

A lot of fucking hypocrisy in this thread with posts deleted, it's hilarious. People moaning about cliques have their own little thing going on elsewhere, pathetic -- Go and tell ONE person that you know in the real world about the bullshit you've been posting on a Guns N' Roses forum and then stand back while they piss themselves! Just sayin -_-

*Locked*

• Like 1