New Bumblefoot interview

Guest NGOG

Axl clearly was the cause of some of the delay... But I truly believe that the record company was also partly responsible for the delay.

Exactly. That was my point when I put the word "all" in capital letters.

Ali

Ali........do you really think that Tommy or Dizzy is going to come out and publically complain about Axl and his process? Those guys kiss Axl's ass even more than you do.

It's amazing how ANYTHING negative that is directed Axl's way, guys like you and a few others always find excuses as to why it isn't Axl's fault. But sure. 13 years and 14 million dollars to finish one record.......NOT Axl's fault. Clearly the fault of the label, producers, etc. And the stories about Axl renting studios and expensive equipment for months at a time, heck for years at a time, and not stepping ONE FOOT into the studio.........that probably wasn't Axl's fault either. Right? The studio owners probably gave Axl the wrong directions on how to get to the studio, and then they secretely charged him without Axl knowing about it.

Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows what Ron is referring to. You somehow sugarcoating it is ridiculous.

Ask anybody that knows anything about the music world to name the one album that was worked on TOO long and had too much time spent tinkering on it. CD would get more votes than any other album in music history.

So a current member of THAT band makes the comments Ron did.

And you think he isn't referring to it? It's just a weird coincidence?

This is almost as much of a stretch for you as when you defended Axl for his physical abuse against the various women he used to beat up.

Once again, you are arguing against points that were never made. I never said it wasn't Axl's fault, just like another one of the statements in your post is complete and utter distortion of what I've said.

As I stated in my above post, I don't doubt at all that Axl was the source of a good portion of the delay. But, my point in citing Tommy Stinson's quotes was to show that based on the perspective of someone who lived and worked through the CD saga, there were other contributing factors to the delay, such as the Roy Thomas Baker's directives as a producer. The notion of another contributing factors, again, is why I said "the bandmates that were there for the entire Chinese Democracy recording saga do not lay ALL the blame at Axl's feet" with the emphasis being on the word "all" to clearly distinguish it from "some".

Ali

It's always interesting to me to see the current employees speak publicly while constrained by the clauses in their employment contracts which prohibit them from speaking ill of Rose.

Why would they even if they could? It's not like they don't receive Axl's paycheck at the end of each month, even during the big break periods... People like BBF just sound very hypocritical to me.

Great news to know that there's more touring on the horizon - always great to see Axl perform. Hopefully he'll do another european tour this time around.

Edited by trqster

It's always interesting to me to see the current employees speak publicly while constrained by the clauses in their employment contracts which prohibit them from speaking ill of Rose.

Why would they even if they could? It's not like they don't receive Axl's paycheck at the end of each month, even during the big break periods... People like BBF just sound very hypocritical to me.

Great news to know that there's more touring on the horizon - always great to see Axl perform. Hopefully he'll do another european tour this time around.

Why is more touring "great" news?

This band has put out one album since Axl decided to keep the GnR name alive and there is no new album in sight.

Unless there is new music associated with the tour, then why would you be excited about a couple more years of touring?

Would you feel the same way if they don't come to your city?

Don't you feel that Axl should throw the fans a bone, and throw a bone to the guys in his current band, and record and release new music?

MSL - have you personally read all the contracts of the band members? How did you get access to that information?

no such clauses exist.

I love irony.

no such clauses exist.

No that's Santa Claus. The Axl clause definitely exists.

no such clauses exist.

No that's Santa Claus. The Axl clause definitely exists.

:lol:

no such clauses exist.

I love irony.

You've made a categorically untrue statement about the band. This is not about irony. This is about libel. You've made the accusation that band members are contractually obligated to not speak ill of Axl. Your accusation is unfounded and untrue. You can try to joke your way out of it if you want. I'm not here for a fight. Just pointing out that you made a false statement. Carry on.

I think you need to (re-)acquaint yourself to the various applications of a libel claim - in particular, the case law threshold that must be met specifically by celebrities or public officials. So, your accusation of libel in this situation is untrue. Carry on.

EDIT: For your educational pleasure: NY Times Co. v. Sullivan 376 US 254 (1964) -- in the event there is confusion in the case title, it doesn't just apply to newspapers.

Edited by hellobeatle

Listen here: http://www.musicfrenzy.net/Interviews.php#Bumblefoot

On touring

“There’s more live stuff in the works for the end of the year.”

New album

“I’m hoping in between that we’ll be able to focus on writing some new music together.”

“I’ve been wanting to do that for a couple of years now.”

How to approach it

“It’s very important to just keep it simple and never forget what it’s all about. Just keep it very simple. And just forget about all the other crap, forget about the business stuff… and just don’t overthink it… just have fun with it and just hang out… and don’t overcritique and… don’t feel like the whole world is expecting perfection of you. Just do what you do and… what comes out comes out.”

What the fans want in a new GNR album

“They just want something organic and true and honest an… that has integrity… and something that has energy and life that’s gonna inspire people or rile them up or just… make them feel something.”

Sounds great, but we all know Axl has the last word on anything GNR.

no such clauses exist.

I love irony.

You've made a categorically untrue statement about the band. This is not about irony. This is about libel. You've made the accusation that band members are contractually obligated to not speak ill of Axl. Your accusation is unfounded and untrue. You can try to joke your way out of it if you want. I'm not here for a fight. Just pointing out that you made a false statement. Carry on.

Truth is an absolute defense to any action for defamation. And any such claim brought against anyone who asserted that employees of Guns N Roses have such clauses in their employment contracts would therefore be a frivolous claim, making the filer of such a claim liable for damages for abusing the civil process and for filing a frivolous action.

And that's just the first part of any such defamation action. The next step would be that the alleged defamatory comments somehow damaged the reputation of Rose, which I don't think is true of the comment I made. But, again, it never gets to that point, because of the truth of my statements about the clauses.

The irony was lost on you, but related to the fact that you, who have some sort of relationship with someone associated with Guns N Roses, felt the need to come defend Rose from the prospect that his employees are contractually prohibited from speaking ill of him in public. Which is why their quotes and interviews always make for such interesting reading. Which is what I said in the first place.

If you like, I can tell you about the discovery process and how effective a tool it can be in litigation.

Beatle -
I think you need to (re-)read my post. I accused sigh of making an unfounded and untrue accusation. I accused sigh of making a false statement.
For your educational pleasure: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/libel -- in the event there is confusion, remember that you do not get to choose which definition of a word I was using.
But I appreciate your attempt to change the subject. My position remains: Sigh made a false statement.
Sigh -
Your statement was false.
I don't have any relationship with anybody associated with Guns N' Roses. That is another false statement.
You can attempt to play internet lawyer all you want, but since this began with you making a false statement, you're going to have a tough time.
This has nothing to do with defending Axl Rose and everything to do with outing you for the cupcake that you are.
You're caught in a lie. Do whatever you want to change the subject. Do whatever you want to distract from the fact that you're caught in a lie.
Good luck.

Well that is an interesting response. Here I thought you were the one who was claiming to be in possession of all of these documents from Rose and management. I guess the tooth fairy put that memory stick under your pillow. Or maybe you can use this opportunity to clear these issues up for me. Are you the guy in possession of all of these documents, as has been reported? If so, how did you get them?

As to my "lie", which apparently has now been cleansed of its defamatory nature, you'll have to produce all of the contracts of all of the employees of Rose/Guns N Roses, dating back quite some time, in order to be able to support your assertion that I have lied. Otherwise, you lied about what is and is not in all of these contracts. Of course, there are lots of reports about such clauses in the employment contracts, which stands to reason given the public quotes and interviews of the current employees, but you claim to have knowledge otherwise. So get to sharing. Or do you want to be caught in a lie?

Good luck? Why would I need luck against you?

It totally makes sense that such a clause exists, there is also a clause that prevents them from leaving the band. That's why they hate the band, and Axl but remain in the band and don't talk shit about him. You can see this is like every other band ever, they HATE each other and rip each other in nearly every interview they do. Luckily, Axl though of this clause.

I think Jesse Ventrura broke this story, right?

Beatle -
I think you need to (re-)read my post. I accused sigh of making an unfounded and untrue accusation. I accused sigh of making a false statement.
For your educational pleasure: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/libel -- in the event there is confusion, remember that you do not get to choose which definition of a word I was using.
But I appreciate your attempt to change the subject. My position remains: Sigh made a false statement.

You wrote: "This is not about irony. This is about libel." Write what you may want, but those are your words. If you can't stand behind them or now choose to deny them, that's fine.

I don't think there's a gag order persay, but I do think they're well aware that Axl has the right to fire whoever he wants whenever he wants without consultation. I think they're also well aware that Axl's quite the sensitive fellow, and their opportunities without Axl lack stability.

My two cents.

• Like 2