The "5 Questions with Axl Rose" campaign

Guest NGOG

The questions have been chosen by the voting public:

1. Axl, when are we going to hear new music?
2. Axl, you mentioned an autobiography the last time we spoke to you, do you plan on releasing that?
3. Axl, do you still intend to release Chinese Democracy II... or have you shifted mentally towards a record capturing the talents of the current line-up?
4. Axl, will you ever debut new material live again or did Chinese Democracy sour that idea?
5. Axl, GNR has always released new music by way of albums, would you ever consider releasing new songs individually?

Step 2 in this process is to gauge how we should put this letter to Team Brazil. We approached different people to write a letter and a draft is currently in editing. Does anybody have any suggestions with regards themes/artwork/arguements that should be contained in the letter? Are you all satisfied with the questioning and its wording?

If you have anything you would like to say privately, contact me or Manets.

axlcampaign.png

Edited by NGOG

Have Team Brazil actually expressed any interest in reciprocating any of this?

We're planning a pitch to Team Brazil. They're probably aware of this attempt already, but we haven't yet formally approached them about doing this.

good job ppl.

Credit to you for the idea Russ, as ambitious as it is.

Thanks for doing this. Great questions. Will be interesting to see if Axl and Beta decide to chat with their fans......or if they take this as complaining.

It's so weird that these basic questions are actually things that haven't already been addressed by the band.

The only other two relevant questions, imo, would be something about the two failed concert dvd releases and if he'd ever work with Slash or the old guys again.

Good job guys!

still think those questions should be combined or as you put it in the other thread "agglomerated" - and sorry for repeating myself, but the whole bit about CD souring the idea of debuting new music live again is a pretty negative question, imo if he doesnt plan on doing it, he'll probably say why... and id stay away from questions where he could say "maybe" waste of a question imo... just providing the best possible feedback i can here, cuz i want this to go well

lol, four of the five questions I picked were used in the final. Seems like most fans are on the same page at this point. By the way, I think this is a great idea. Cuts the bullshit and drama and asks the questions we feel are important. No "when is Slash coming back?" or "Why did you fire ____". These questions pave the way forward instead of looking back.

• Like 1

still think those questions should be combined or as you put it in the other thread "agglomerated" - and sorry for repeating myself, but the whole bit about CD souring the idea of debuting new music live again is a pretty negative question, imo if he doesnt plan on doing it, he'll probably say why... and id stay away from questions where he could say "maybe" waste of a question imo... just providing the best possible feedback i can here, cuz i want this to go well

If they're amalgamated, you carry the possibility of avoidance. The idea of new music is what everybody cares about at this point (and I think it's best we illustrate that by asking questions focused on that area).

The question you claim to have a negative vibe is not intended that way. It's a legitimate question based on the fact that GNR were playing songs since 2001 that didn't come out until 2008. It reflects the difficulties of the industry for GNR and the pressures created by referring to your new record in such a public way.

Thanks for the feedback.

lol, four of the five questions I picked were used in the final. Seems like most fans are on the same page at this point. By the way, I think this is a great idea. Cuts the bullshit and drama and asks the questions we feel are important. No "when is Slash coming back?" or "Why did you fire ____". These questions pave the way forward instead of looking back.

Good post.

If they're amalgamated, you carry the possibility of avoidance. The idea of new music is what everybody cares about at this point (and I think it's best we illustrate that by asking questions focused on that area).

The question you claim to have a negative vibe is not intended that way. It's a legitimate question based on the fact that GNR were playing songs since 2001 that didn't come out until 2008. It reflects the difficulties of the industry for GNR and the pressures created by referring to your new record in such a public way.

Thanks for the feedback.

absolutely... agreed that its legit question, but there could be other reasons he doesnt wanna debut new music live again too, and by leaning towards a reason within the question, you alleviate the chances of those other reasons being discussed if there are any... and the questions carry the possibilty of being avoided even if they arent combined... im all for asking about new material exclusively, but i just think if you combined at least 2 of those questions, youd leave room for one more... for example, can you tell us the name of one new song youve written ? just an idea... but i like the fact that there was a vote for these questions... and im a little impatient as far as how theyll respond now lol

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

i just would like to say im very excite... to be here in the us & a

shitty and boring questions won't attract axl's attention...i want to know those answers too but if he wanted to talk about chinese, chinese 2 or future plans he would already said so...but he doesnt want too. To capture the man's attention you need more than just repeating the same questions every band member and team brazil member are tired of hearing, axl isnt stupid and i bet he's well aware of our complains

Edited by kanudo19

Hey Axl, what is your favourite scene in the Hollywood classic Gone with the Wind?

Hey Axl, which of Beethoven's symphonies are amongst your favourite?

Fuck that. :lol:

I feel these questions are hot enough to promote some good discussion from Axl, and hope for fans, but not controversial enough for him to say "fuck you" and ignore it. I think these are the most important questions on the fans minds at this point. Not about his voice or how he looks. We care about the music and these address that. Now, on saying that, if he chooses to ignore these questions, that would unfortunately speak just as loud as answering them, if not louder.

i agree that its what people voted, but it was multiple choice... obviously people are gonna chose the questions pertaining to new music... i say ask those 5 questions, but try n combine a few of them, so as to leave more room for some miscellaneous stuff - last time im saying that, dont worry lol