What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Apocalypto

Avoided the movie when it came out because of Mel's anti-semitic image at that time. Having seen it now I wish I had given it a chance a lot sooner as the movie plays stunning and is an epic experience. Blu-ray is also demo material.

Daddy's Home

I usually enjoy Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg comedies. This is not a comedy, it's a tragedy. Turned it off 30 or so minutes in.

1 hour ago, supercool said:

leave-her-to-heaven01.jpg

gene tierney in one of her best roles, leave her to heaven.

the character she plays is so evil and selfish.

It's an incredible movie. Tierney was the most beautiful woman who ever lived (or at least tied with peak Elizabeth Taylor). 

Clip of Scorsese talking about the film which is one of his favourites - 

http://youtu.be/ATfhKm

kM-rE

• Like 1

To Catch A Thief (1955)

The Blu-ray edition looks truly wonderful. The already outstanding cinematography really captures the locations and the transfer makes it look like it was filmed yesterday. Cary Grant and Grace Kelly shine and the supporting performances are good, but overall this is one of the more underwhelming Hitchcock films. It pains me to say that as a massive Cary Grant fan but I'd call this my least favourite of his four Hitchcock films.

• Like 1

My net was off so I thought to watch Super, really great movie, the ending was pretty emotional for me. Thanks a lot @Amir for recommending. My net is still off so Im using my phone as a hotspot just to write this, thanks again man. 

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 1