What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:14 PM, wasted said:

Trees Lounge is worth checking out as an art house movie too. I haven't seen it for a while though. I liked Ghost World too. Buscemi and Scarlett Yohandson. 

I love Steve Buscemi! Trees Lounge was a good flick but I love Ghost World. excellent film. and that Bollywood bit is priceless :lol:

15 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

The Last Boy Scout - i quite enjoyed that, cheers Wasted, J.  Y'know i think i seen that before, certain parts were familiar but the whole thing weren't.

Lots of the scenes are used to promote Die hard movies. 

Has anyone seen Tin Men, same director as Diner?

On 6/18/2016 at 4:10 AM, Len B'stard said:

The Last Boy Scout - i quite enjoyed that, cheers Wasted, J.  Y'know i think i seen that before, certain parts were familiar but the whole thing weren't.

It had that familiar feel the first time I watched it. You know what I really like about it? Damon Wayans doesn't go full blown comedian/silly/comic relief sidekick. I mean that's essentially what he is, but it's not that forced Hey I'm the funny guy! thing.

The Statement - Michael Caine plays an ex Nazi collaborator on the run being sheltered by the church by reason of his being a chevalier.

This Sporting Life - a stonking classic of the kitchen sink era, perhaps the best of them all, Richard Harris playing an ex coal miner turned rugby player lodging with a widow.  Hes just fantastic in it, the film that made him.

The Hateful Eight I think this is the best Tarantino movie so far.

I love how he gives each of his characters special screen time. Sam Jackson is one of the all time best actors of all time. He needs to win an Oscar. He just chews up the screen everytime he's on.

I never usually care about the soundtrack music, but now I understand how it won an Oscar. The music seemed to fit every scene perfectly.

Yeah, the movie is 3 hours, but each character is so compelling the time flies by. Loved how Tarantino goes back and forth to tell his story. He is a genius. He brings out the best in all his actors.

The Last Witch Hunter