What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

watched The Crow last night. i had not seen it in many years and i'd forgotten how good it was. but this time the pain of knowing this was the last movie Brandon Lee would ever make and the one where he was killed was overwhelming. what a tragedy, the loss of someone i believe would have gone on to a greatly successful career...

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

On 21 August 2016 at 6:27 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

watched The Crow last night. i had not seen it in many years and i'd forgotten how good it was. but this time the pain of knowing this was the last movie Brandon Lee would ever make and the one where he was killed was overwhelming. what a tragedy, the loss of someone i believe would have gone on to a greatly successful career...

Ive not watched The Crow for that reason, or a similar reason, was a huge fan of Brandon and something about it being the film he died making makes me not wanna watch it.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2016 at 1:30 PM, Len B'stard said:

Hoodlum - Laurence Fishburne, Tim Roth, Andy Garcia

Gangster Squad - Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn

Tim Roth! i like him a lot. along with Steve Buscemi, Sam Rockwell and John Turturro to name a few ( Rockwell and Turtorro are in a favorite movie of mine, Box Of Moonlight. ) i like quirky actors :)

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Tim Roth! i like him a lot. along with Steve Buscemi, Sam Rockwell and John Turturro to name a few ( Rockwell and Turtorro are in a favorite movie of mine, Box Of Moonlight. ) i like quirky actors :)

I like him in Mean Time and Made in Britain very much.  

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

One of my all time favorite movies. Brandon Lee was amazing. So sorry it was his last movie. He would have gone so far in the acting business.

Loved the soundtrack too.

I watched The Fifth Wave

• Like 1

Dead Man

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Killers Kiss

2001: A Space Odyssey

Spartacus

Barry Lyndon

seen em all before except 2001.

Kubrick: another hippy. Beads in his hair. 2001, clearly the workings of a mind stoned on LSD while listening to Country Joe and Fish.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Dead Man

Kubrick: another hippy. Beads in his hair. 2001, clearly the workings of a mind stoned on LSD while listening to Country Joe and Fish.

I think its doing the movie a tremendous disservice to call it the workings of a mind on LSD, try doing LSD, the last thing it leaves you capable of is making a film :lol:. But yes, this could be said to be a massively hippie film.  But then explain Clockwork Orange?  Kubrick was whatever he wanted to be at any given moment, not someone I'd call a hippie director, the fact that the mark of the times is somewhat on 2001 is undeniable though, I'll grant you that.  Kubrick was an influencer more than an influencee.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I think its doing the movie a tremendous disservice to call it the workings of a mind on LSD, try doing LSD, the last thing it leaves you capable of is making a film :lol:. But yes, this could be said to be a massively hippie film.  But then explain Clockwork Orange?  Kubrick was whatever he wanted to be at any given moment, not someone I'd call a hippie director, the fact that the mark of the times is somewhat on 2001 is undeniable though, I'll grant you that.  Kubrick was an influencer more than an influencee.

I'm winding you up.

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm winding you up.

Its difficult not to agree with you though :lol:. In regards to 2001 i mean.  I usually have an aversion to Sci Fi, its why its the only Kubrick film i aint seen all these years but i tell you what, i REALLY enjoyed it, i thought right, 3 hour film i owe it to this great mans work to at least see it the once, banged out a spliff, sat back...and it was fuckin fantastic.  Seemed so much more...substantial than what I've always considered Sci Fi to be about...it seemed to be about mans relationship with God.

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes it resonated with the hippies who got zonked out of their head while watching. I cannot believe you've just watched that?

My favourite Kubrick film is Barry Lyndon. I would go as far as to include it in my top five films of all time.

I just cant stand sci fi, I've got a blind spot about it, otherwise I'm a massive Kubrick fan, seen everything else of his multiple times, not including that early documentary stuff, which I've also seen but not as extensively as Killers Kiss and all the stuff after that.