What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, there seem to be a lot of movies called the black cat. This one was about an old woman who had tons of cats and someone murdered her for her money. I love those old B/W movies. It seemed like simpler times. Plus I love the fashion for the women.

yep same one...i like old movies too :)

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:28 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yep same one...i like old movies too :)

Yeah, I do too. Even in black and white they are still cool!

I watched:

Lights Out pretty good, but I think James Wong is losing his mojo like M. Night has. I thought the ghost or whatever would be scarier.

Trauma It was supposed a 1963 movie, but it turned out to be with Colin Firth and I was totally confused by this stupid movie.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:14 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok so i am an admitted Christmas movieaholic and this is one of my favorites...Finding Mrs. Claus! it'a just adorable. and guys, you might want to check it out if you're into tall, long legged absolutley gorgeous ( IMO ) women this stars one of the hottest ( Mira Sorvina ;) ) 

My favorite Xmas movies are Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. Mr. MaGoos's Xmas carol and the Bishop's Wife. It's one of those great old movies that never gets boring and it's just so uplifting.

Also love Santa claus is coming to town and the year without a Santa.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

did you read the book? good read :)

Read it years ago in high school but I need to read it again. The local high school put on a play recently and did it. Really impressive for a bunch of high schoolers. Had to rewatch the movie after seeing that.

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Die Hard last night. It doesn't even matter that I've seen it a thousand times (probably more), I always recall this quote from The Simpsons:

"Go home and watch one of the Die Hard movies. They're always on, and they're always good."

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Finally got around to watching Die Hard last night. It doesn't even matter that I've seen it a thousand times (probably more), I always recall this quote from The Simpsons:

"Go home and watch one of the Die Hard movies. They're always on, and they're always good."

Probably one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time. The last one sucked, but they should make another one set on Christmas. 

7 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Probably one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time. The last one sucked, but they should make another one set on Christmas. 

Three necessary ingredients for the inevitable next Die Hard film:

1) John McClane by himself using his own wits (the sidekick thing was fun in the third film, tolerable in the fourth, and flat out shite in the fifth - the well has now been run dry)

2) Christmas setting

3) Bring back Alan and Holly

"Make Die Hard Great Again."

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Speaking of Die Hard being on all the time I never see the 2nd one on TV. It's always the 1st and 3rd for some reason.

But definitely agree that it's up there for GOAT Christmas movie

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Yippie-ki-yay, Mr. Falcon.

i'm surprised at the number of people that don't count this as a Christmas movie, it does take place at Christmas time. what's the criteria for a movie to be an acknowledged Christmas movie?

on topic speaking of Christmas movies i just watched A Christmas Melody, very cheesy and who told Mariah Carey she could act? :P but she was generous, she let a very talented young girl sing her Oh Santa! song so i give her props for that :lol:

16 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i'm surprised at the number of people that don't count this as a Christmas movie, it does take place at Christmas time. what's the criteria for a movie to be an acknowledged Christmas movie?

on topic speaking of Christmas movies i just watched A Christmas Melody, very cheesy and who told Mariah Carey she could act? :P but she was generous, she let a very talented young girl sing her Oh Santa! song so i give her props for that :lol:

Right? Like just because it's an action film it must not count.

It takes place at Christmas, tons of Christmas music, there's a Christmas party, and a guy is swallowing his pride to come visit his estranged wife for the holidays. He realizes the error of his ways and how he was unsupportive of her decisions. He aspires to be a better husband and they reconcile, thus reuniting their family in time for Christmas Day. If that ain't a heartwarming holiday story I don't know what is!

Oh yeah, and some European terrorists take 30 people hostage to try robbing a successful Japanese-American company of six hundred million dollars. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Just now, James Bond said:

Right? Like just because it's an action film it must not count.

It takes place at Christmas, tons of Christmas music, there's a Christmas party, and a guy is swallowing his pride to come visit his estranged wife for the holidays. He realizes the error of his ways and how he was unsupportive of her decisions. He aspires to be a better husband and they reconcile, thus reuniting their family in time for Christmas Day. If that ain't a heartwarming holiday story I don't know what is!

Oh yeah, and some European terrorists take 30 people hostage to try robbing a successful Japanese-American company of six hundred million dollars. Merry Christmas!

perfect! :D

On 10/23/2016 at 4:39 AM, Nosaj Thing said:

Captain Fantastic, lovely film.  Everything was well executed.  There's a little surprise for GN'R fans, too.

8/10

Just finished with the movie and had to search these forums cause of that GnR related scene. Loved the movie so much. It's sad and happy and funny and lovely and I don't know. It just felt right, can't really explain :lol: Viggo Mortensen was amazing just in like every movie he ever did and kids were good too, some lines from the youngest kids seemed forced but majority of time it seemed natural.

I'd give it 9/10

Edited by Nicklord

Obligatory end of year This is the Stuff I Liked Best list: Manchester by the Sea, The Handmaiden, Moonlight, La La Land, Elle, Jackie, Weiner, Christine, I Am Not Your Negro, Hell and High Water, Nocturnal Animals, Arrival, Love and Friendship, The Nice Guys, The Monster, Oasis: Supersonic, Don't Breathe, Edge of Seventeen, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Gimmie Danger.

one of my all time favorite movies. Love Actually. watched it last night for the umpteenth time and i still adore it. though seeing Alan Rickman in his first scene was like a blow to the chest :( but then i thought how lucky the world was for having him in the first place and the overall wonderfullness of the film took me away to a warm and fuzzy place :)