Estranged Reality

What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

4,129 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah I watched Fistfull and Few More recently. They're all great. Indio is probably the best character besides Eastwood in the whole series. And that's coming from a big Van Cleef fan.

Hes in High Noon yknow.  And How the West Was Won.  Before FAFDM he was basically just a side actor.  Lee Van Cleef I mean.

'When the music stops you can begin...try and shoot me Colo-nal' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Hes in High Noon yknow.  And How the West Was Won.  Before FAFDM he was basically just a side actor.  Lee Van Cleef I mean.

'When the music stops you can begin...try and shoot me Colo-nal' :lol:

He's also a young side actor in Liberty Valance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Dont apologise now, the damage has been done :lol:. Hopefully this half jar of Moonshine I've haf will eliminate any memory of this innocence shattering discourse :lol:

Hey you, what was Gimme Danger like?  I want a lengthy in depth assessment, it aint comin' out on dvd til a week monday and i been waiting for this bastard for over a year.

It's good, highly entertaining. Too enamoured with it's subject to be a great documentary but it's a lovely interview and there's some amazing old footage. Did you see the Oasis doc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Angelica said:

It's good, highly entertaining. Too enamoured with it's subject to be a great documentary but it's a lovely interview and there's some amazing old footage. Did you see the Oasis doc?

Yeah i did, thought it was pretty good.  Not something I'd watch a great many times as i tend to do with documentaries of bands i like.

7 hours ago, J Dog said:

He's also a young side actor in Liberty Valance.

Yeah he plays one of Libertys men if I'm not mistaken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah he plays one of Libertys men if I'm not mistaken?

Yeah I don't even think he says one line. He's just hanging around behind Liberty the whole time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah I don't even think he says one line. He's just hanging around behind Liberty the whole time.

He's also in Tribute to a Bad Man, one of i think two westerns Jimmy Cagney (a personal favourite of mine) made, the other being The Oaklahoma Kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

the other being The Oaklahoma Kid.

oooooooh i love that you spelled Oklahoma like that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nice Guys.

Holy fucking shit was it brilliant, my favourite Shane Black film. I'm normally not into crime/mystery/hard-boiled detective films, but Shane Black is just a fucking genius. I mean, he always hits the same beats in each film (sardonic lead(s), wise-cracking kid, Xmas theme or scene), but it's always amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oooooooh i love that you spelled Oklahoma like that! 

Theres no A after the O?  Shit, learn something new everyday.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's ok i consider it a diss against Oklahoma! Texas hates Oklahoma. which is really bad of me since my beloved late mom and grandmother as well as my half brother and basically ALL my relatives on my mom's side of my family were all born there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my Dollars trilogy marathon. First time I've watched them all back to back like that in a long time. Something can be said for movies like that that you can watch 100 times and still not become bored with them. And credit to Leone too, making a series like that and never dipping in quality over the course of the films. Some could argue they actually gained quality.

Tried to rank them but it's almost impossible, best I could do and the difference between isn't much.

Good, Bad, the Ugly

For a Few Dollars More

Fistful of Dollars

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i love 'em all. i need to see if they're on Netflix :)

p.s. i take back what i said...you're not off the hook @J Dog ;)   sorry ( not sorry :lol: )

last movie i watched was Thunderheart. Val Kilmer mmmm ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Finished my Dollars trilogy marathon. First time I've watched them all back to back like that in a long time. Something can be said for movies like that that you can watch 100 times and still not become bored with them. And credit to Leone too, making a series like that and never dipping in quality over the course of the films. Some could argue they actually gained quality.

Tried to rank them but it's almost impossible, best I could do and the difference between isn't much.

Good, Bad, the Ugly

For a Few Dollars More

Fistful of Dollars

I think Once Upon A Time beats em all...and i say that after some consideration cuz the trilogy were like...most of my youth time viewing :lol:  I used to come home from primary school and for at least a couple of years it was my daily routine to stick em on when i got in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think Once Upon A Time beats em all...and i say that after some consideration cuz the trilogy were like...most of my youth time viewing :lol:  I used to come home from primary school and for at least a couple of years it was my daily routine to stick em on when i got in.

I actually agree. Matter of fact, I had a bunch of Eastwood westerns on dvd at one point, Hang em High, Josey Wales, Pale Rider, Unforgiven, so instead of getting the Dollars trilogy I got Once Upon a Time instead because I had to have a Leone one. I would call it his masterpiece.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guv'nor - Lenny McLean documentary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rogue One: Le Chiffre's Story

With so many crossover elements of the new Star Wars films and Bond I'm starting to think they exist in the same universe.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

War Games. just stumbled across it...i first saw this on HBO when i was like 8 maybe?? so funny seeing it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

War Games. just stumbled across it...i first saw this on HBO when i was like 8 maybe?? so funny seeing it now.

Good movie..and actually pretty feasible in this day and age too..scary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

Good movie..and actually pretty feasible in this day and age too..scary!

yep it sure is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also spotted Le Chiffre in Star Wars. I thought, what is that bugger doing there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

football...first playoff game of this season. i want the Raiders to win cos everyone but a few delusional people know DALLAS is the only team in Texas that matters! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Reacher 2 wasn't nearly as good as the first, but it had Cruise so naturally I enjoyed it for what it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't expect to like the show as it's a Canadian production and the commercials made it look like a rip off of the Trailer Park Boys, but really love Letterkenny.  If you're a Canadian and/or have access to Crave TV, it's definitely worth the cost of $8 to binge watch the two six-episode seasons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Machette Kills again. Crazy movie

also watched Dead Pool again with Clint Eastwood. Cameos by GNR.

Okay, I could have sworn there was a scene after the funeral with GNR, where Harry is on a boat with them questioning them and GNR just looking at him, but for some reason everytime I watch this movie that scene is gone.

Anyone but me remember this scene? Do you think they don't want to have it because it would be more money for GNR?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.