What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

lol she is one of the main reasons i watch the Ten Commandments every year...oh Moses, Moses! hottttttttie :lol:

I gotta say she does leave me feeling kinda uh...religious after watching that film :lol:  And she does say 'oh Moses, Moses!' Like 5 times in that film.  If that was me I woulda kept my mouth shut and married Nefertitty :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

Gimme Danger, Stooges documentary, directed by Jim Jarmusch.  I LOVED it.  OK it wasn't the best documentary ever made but i just can't look at it objectively cuz it's about one of my favourite bands ever and one that is heavily mythologized yet never really given the proper documentary treatment.  Its weird, they're not really a documentary band, if that makes sense.  The only one of them you're gonna get any kind of searching response from is Ig' himself.  There was something magnificent about it still.  Ron comes across as a really gentle soul which is not how I imagined them, Scotty Asheton was just cool as a fuckin' cucumber and Ig' was...well, Ig' is Ig'.  Not exactly a wealth of footage out there and nothing in it that, as a Stooges fan I could say was really really new that i had no idea of.  But still, brilliant.  I'll probably watch it a million more times.  It's nice to see the early Psychedelic Stooges era get some kind of celluloid posterity.  It's kinda well balanced, non-critical which apparently has irked a great many critics but y'know what, The Stooges have had their degree of criticism, more than their fuckin' fair share...in fact they had nothing but criticism until recent years so, y'know, if you want such critiques they're out there to be found, it's time The Stooges were celebrated a little and this is a celebration.  I'm not of the belief that a celebratory documentary is somehow necessarily insubstantial.  

The next band that deserves a the big documentary treatment is The Kinks and I hope it gets done while some members are still alive and kicking and i hope its long and extensive and gets done well, they appear to me to be a band that is being, in some respects, written out of history and that would be an awful injustice.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1