What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Pain & Gain

Watched it last night. Pretty much carried by The Rock. Any time he wasn't on screen I was bored senseless. It was also way too long. Still, it's probably Michael Bay's best film so that's gotta count for something.

6/10

Edited by bacardimayne

Pain & Gain

Watched it last night. Pretty much carried by The Rock. Any time he wasn't on screen I was bored senseless. It was also way too long. Still, it's probably Michael Bay's best film so that's gotta count for something.

6/10

Black Sabbath tantrum coming in 4...3...2...:lol:

I did sort of love it, though.

I saw Grown Ups 2 last night. What a film, it really made an impression on me. I know it's early, and I know the Academy are kinda weird about these things, but I feel that it is definitely worthy of Best Picture. If not, then at least Best Director for Dennis Dugan. It's most likely the best film I've seen since 2007, which I feel was the best year for cinema in recent times.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Whatever. Bacardi has lost credibility for films since he put The Lion King in his stupid ass dad rock thread.

One of the things i love about you Sabbath is that you appear to occupy this world of your own where what is or isn't cool is totally out of sync with any of the popular or even unpopular ideas of what is or isn't cool :lol: It's like there's a right way, a wrong way and The Sabbath way which is totally outside of anyone elses ideas about shit, it's really quite commendable :lol:

Now You See Me. I can see why people like it, and why the critics don't. It had a Usual Suspects goes David Copperfield vibe. It's basically a glorified episode of CSI Las Vegas.

Going to watch it tonight. Looks really good.

Last night my wife and I watched World War Z. Wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it.

Now You See Me. I can see why people like it, and why the critics don't. It had a Usual Suspects goes David Copperfield vibe. It's basically a glorified episode of CSI Las Vegas.

Going to watch it tonight. Looks really good.

Last night my wife and I watched World War Z. Wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it.

It's enjoyable without being a work of art or anything. You feel like rewatching again like the Usual suspects.

The East. It was kind of creepy, a bit like Red State but with environmental terrorists who get more of you're sympathy so it's a grey area.

Django Unchained fucking sucked.

It was long. It had some cool bits but as a movie it just seemed long and indulgent.