Should Locomotive (Complicity) be called Use Your Illusions?

ManetsBR

That's basically what the lyrics is about... And the song really gathers perfectly the whole Guns N' Roses and the whole Use Your Illusions vibe... Some raw guitars with a beautiful groovy piano at the end, with the one of the finest Axl lyrics.

I suspect the songs is not named Use Your Illusions because Axl was trying to avoid having a song with the name of the album...

Edited by ManetsBR

That's basically what the lyrics is about... And the song really gathers perfectly the whole Guns N' Roses and the whole Use Your Illusions vibe... Some raw guitars with a beautiful groovy piano at the end, with the one of the finest Axl lyrics.

I suspect the songs is not named Use Your Illusions because Axl was trying to avoid having a song with the name of the album...

No. It should be called what it's called

Exactly.

[...]

I brought me an illusion
An I put it on the wall

[...]

Well I guess it never is
It's these prejudiced illusions
That pump the blood
To the heart of the biz

[...]

You can use your illusion
Let it take you where it may
We live and learn
And then sometimes it's best to walk away
Me I'm just here hangin' on
It's my only place to stay at least
For now anyway
I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away

[..]

Should be called Use Your Illusion. Fits better, and would have given the song the due attention it deserves by new fans. I mean, you just downloaded the Use Your Illusions... You're gonna listen to the singles, obviously. But what if there was a song called Use Your Illusion? You'd definetly check it out at first too.

Edited by ManetsBR

I think use your illusion axl is saying follow your dreams. Even if they turn out to just be illusions like fame.

What the fuck does that even mean?

It will take you where it may

We live and learn and then some times its best to walk away or something like that

Its seems like Axl or band wanted to be famous rock stars like Aerosmith. By the time they made it they were kind of sick of it.

I bought me an illusion and i put it on the wall, i let fill my head with dreams and i had to have them all.

Never thought about it, but I do wonder if the name of the record inspired these song lyrics or vice versa. It would have been a good fit to call it "Use Your Illusion" or "Use Your Illusions." However, the guitar parts throughout the song sound so much like a train chugging along, I can see why they went with "Locomotive."

By the way, what's the story with this parenthetical? Was "Locomotive (Complicity)" the original full name of this song? I have never seen this before, but I see it now on Wikipedia with zero explanation. My tape in the day only listed "Locomotive" as the song name.

By the way, what's the story with this parenthetical? Was "Locomotive (Complicity)" the original full name of this song? I have never seen this before, but I see it now on Wikipedia with zero explanation. My tape in the day only listed "Locomotive" as the song name.

The album tracklisting only calls it Locomotive but it gives the full title in the booklet. Same with Pretty Tied Up where the tracklist calls it just that but inside the booklet the full title is Pretty Tied Up (The Perils of Rock N' Roll Decadence).

I think use your illusion axl is saying follow your dreams. Even if they turn out to just be illusions like fame.

What the fuck does that even mean?

It will take you where it may

We live and learn and then some times its best to walk away or something like that

Its seems like Axl or band wanted to be famous rock stars like Aerosmith. By the time they made it they were kind of sick of it.

I bought me an illusion and i put it on the wall, i let fill my head with dreams and i had to have them all.

You need fuckin' help.

• Like 1