Motörhead unexpectedly leave the stage early at tonight's show at the Wacken

ohlovelyrita

Motörhead forced to leave the stage at the Wacken

A couple of weeks ago we gave the news that Lemmy Kilmister was in poor health and few days later gave Motörhead news that would cancel all their shows summer / fall to allow time he recovered Lemmy, a couple of days ago, the band surprisingly announced that YES participate in the 2013 edition of the Wacken Open Air, his performance was scheduled for today August 2nd.

Everything went normally on the second day of the festival, Motörhead and took about half of their setlist (six songs), but there were long gaps between the end of one song and the beginning of another (rare in shows of the band) .

At the end of "Over The Top", Phil Campbell played a guitar solo followed by a long silence (this, apparently, to allow time for his recovery Kilmister). After the long silence that dominated the scene, members of Motörhead came back to play "The Chase Is Better Than The Catch", the band quickly left the stage and did not return.

Minutes later came the festival organizer Thomas Jensen, to announce the following: "The concert is over, do not know what to do or say to make things better"

The setlist that touched Motörhead is as follows:

01. I Know How To Die

02. Damage Case

03. Stay Clean

04. Metropolis

05. Over The Top

06. The Chase Is Better Than The Catch.

Hopefully soon the band offered an official statement of what happened and tell us how is health Kilmister.

* Personal note I really hope that after this scare (which I hope does not pass over) Lemmy think a little more on their health and take time to recover to 100% as it should be.

Source: Metal Injection

----

Lemmy told the crowd: Ive been ill recently; Ive come to play some rockn'roll and fuck myself even more.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/motorhead-lemmy-cuts-comeback-show-short/

• 2 years later...

I wonder what this is going to do for PowerRage's cruise?

But then if he needs rest then; he needs rest... I'm sure he and who he is under contract with'll work something out.

MOTÖRHEAD's LEMMY Stops Austin Show After Three Songs: 'I Can't Do It'
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-lemmy-stops-austin-show-after-three-songs-i-cant-do-it/#OHZqK25ipKv8r6oH.99

Something serious is going on with lemmy,need to cancel concerts and rest for awhile.

This thread is older than dirt. New topic for new story perhaps?

Nothing a few dozen lines, a few bottles of whiskey and umpteen packets of smokes won't fix.

He drinks vodka now - it's healthier than whiskey his doctor said.

I wonder what this is going to do for PowerRage's cruise?

But then if he needs rest then; he needs rest... I'm sure he and who he is under contract with'll work something out.

MOTÖRHEAD's LEMMY Stops Austin Show After Three Songs: 'I Can't Do It'

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-lemmy-stops-austin-show-after-three-songs-i-cant-do-it/#OHZqK25ipKv8r6oH.99

Something serious is going on with lemmy,need to cancel concerts and rest for awhile.

This thread is older than dirt. New topic for new story perhaps?

I don't think it'll affect the cruise at all - there's a bunch of other bands, so worst case scenario I imagine just Motörhead doesn't play. Anthrax and Slayer are still there, so I'll still be happy :)

• Like 1

Motorhead cancelled their shows.

I hope Lemmy is okay. Hate to see another rocker die.

Lemmy lived his life the way he wanted to so you gotta give him credit for that.

In a recent interview, Lemmy said he wasn't afraid to die. He said when you get to his age, you know it's going to happen sooner than later. He didn't think he'd make it past 30, so he's already ahead of the game.

I think he needed to rest more. After his surgery and making a new cd and then a tour, his body isn't used to that schedule anymore.

Lemmy lived his life the way he wanted to so you gotta give him credit for that.

So does Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Ted Bundy. Shall we give them credit as well?
You know that's not in the vein she meant it.

I took it as she was giving credit to a celeb for living life they way they chose too regardless of the negative effect the lifestyle had on them.

I guess you think she meant something different

So does Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Ted Bundy. Shall we give them credit as well?

I took it as she was giving credit to a celeb for living life they way they chose too regardless of the negative effect the lifestyle had on them.

Lemmy was not a celeb when he got famous

So you're wrong

and you just want another attempt to slag Val

• Like 1

You took it as she was giving this person credit so let's try to stir the pot and act like she would give these people credit. Why on earth would her comment about Lemmy's lifestyle even begin to compare to meaning the same thing towards Ted Bundy? Lol. You singled something she said out just like you do with her in any other thread she posts in :shrugs: