was Axl addicted to heroin?

SoNobodyToldYaBaby

Granted, the withdrawal won't be as severe as someone pushing dope everday, but they will experience lethargy, runny nose, cramps, insomnia, ... ect.

Are you sure your not talking about giving up Starbucks? I had all the same symptoms when I gave up caffeine.........

And the OP has it wrong............Axl was, and is, addicted to power not heroin..........

Edited by classicrawker

I remember an interview with their first manager (I think her name was Vicki). She made it seem like Axl was not that into the drugs like the rest of the band. I don't think anyone knows for sure, since we rarely get to hear Axl's side of anything, but it doesn't look like he was ever a complete addict.

There seems to be a general consensus on youtube that Axl was addicted to heroin.. although Axl even said himself he wouldnt allowed himself to become an addict i even showed them the quote and they say stuff like 'of course he would deny it like all addicts' and 'you cant just believe it cause he said it'. I know Steven had a huge problem with drugs and still does to this day and Slash and Duff were really heavy drinkers which almost killed them but what about Axl?

Axls addiction is worse than heroin. Axls been mainlining procrastination since before AFD was concieved and recorded. He surrounded himself with people that enabled him to procrastinate...even found others to help him procrastiate.

When hes on tour...and he knows hes supposed to hit the stage at say 10pm....he snorts a line of procrastination and puts off the shows for 2, 3, 4 hours at a time. Numerous times studio time was hired, but Axls addiction to procratination left every one standing in silence, wondering if Axl was aware that he had scheduled a session for 3 AM ?

People were hired to deal with Axls procrastination addiction but ultimately they were fired for trying to do thier jobs.

He became so addicted to procrastination that the years 1999 to 2008 simply vanished into a haze of self loathing problamatic entaglements where no one really knew if Axl was going to actually make his move and restore his former glory.

His current procrastination dealer likes him home by 5 AM so she knows where he is at. "oh Axl shell say..your just a misunderstood man and everybody in the world is against you. Your the best Axl and you work way way way to hard on recording, take a break from your rock and roll for the next 10 months and stay home and play piano." He often does. Spending months at a time trying to drown out the fervored pleas of a rabid fan base whos pleas for new music grow annoying..he grows panicked with pressure and angry with demands placed on him and simply retreats to his corner of the world where he procrastinates.

Insiders say they have seen him sit on his ass for years at a time ignoring phone calls from his muse. His muse shows up at the door and he say hell get back to her in a few months....Others have reported that Axl was shocked to learn that it was 2013..."thats how out of it he gets with his time...procrastination...deal with things later...I dont know...addiction?" said one former road crew member assigned to push him along to various events.

• Like 1

I feel that opiates — I include opium and all its derivatives, such as morphine, heroin, pantopon, etc. — are quite useless for any sort of creative work, useful though they may be for routine work. Much of the hard physical work in the Far East is done by opium addicts. On the other hand, the consciousness-expanding drugs — the hallucinogens, such as cannabis, mescaline, LSD, Psylocybin — I think are useful to a writer up to a certain point. That is, they open psychic areas that would not otherwise be available to the writer. But I feel that once these areas have been opened and the writer has reached them, he is able to get back there in the future without the drug. So, I certainly wouldn’t advocate anyone using them on a regular or habitual basis. - William Burroughs

I feel that opiates — I include opium and all its derivatives, such as morphine, heroin, pantopon, etc. — are quite useless for any sort of creative work, useful though they may be for routine work. Much of the hard physical work in the Far East is done by opium addicts. On the other hand, the consciousness-expanding drugs — the hallucinogens, such as cannabis, mescaline, LSD, Psylocybin — I think are useful to a writer up to a certain point. That is, they open psychic areas that would not otherwise be available to the writer. But I feel that once these areas have been opened and the writer has reached them, he is able to get back there in the future without the drug. So, I certainly wouldn’t advocate anyone using them on a regular or habitual basis. - William Burroughs

versus Hunter S. Thompson who said that pot was the only drug he couldn't write worth a damn on.

Well Matt has said Axl loves the pills.

Unfortunately for Matt Sorum that he has only marginally more credibility than Adler.

When you have an opening shot to a video of him taking a handful of pills.. you get the general idea that he has to take them to function.

Well Matt has said Axl loves the pills.

Unfortunately for Matt Sorum that he has only marginally more credibility than Adler.
When you have an opening shot to a video of him taking a handful of pills.. you get the general idea that he has to take them to function.

What, November Rain? Its a music video not documentary

He used it for a few months prior to them signing. He wasn't what one would call an addict, like say Slash or Izzy was.

He just tried it and luckily moved on.

Heroin is a very addictive drug and a few months using, even if not everyday, will lead to addiction. Granted, the withdrawal won't be as severe as someone pushing dope everday, but they will experience lethargy, runny nose, cramps, insomnia, ... ect.

But I have no ideal whether, or not, Rose was addicted. I do know that opioid addiction was not as taboo in the late '80s - early '90s as it is today. Too, heroin was much harder to find then as most production, that was previously coming from Afghanistan, had ceased due to Taliban prohibitions against the cultivation of opium poppy.

As a result, a lot of opiate use, then, was due prescription/pharmacy diversion, e,g; things like Dilaudid, MS Contin, Roxanol, Sufentanil, Fentanyl, ... ect. Keep in mind, some of those drugs are 10 to hundreds of times more potent than heroin(diacetylmorphine).

Heroin production is actually up since the US took over poppy fields.

I feel that opiates — I include opium and all its derivatives, such as morphine, heroin, pantopon, etc. — are quite useless for any sort of creative work, useful though they may be for routine work.

Tell that to Keef Richards........

I feel that opiates — I include opium and all its derivatives, such as morphine, heroin, pantopon, etc. — are quite useless for any sort of creative work, useful though they may be for routine work.

Tell that to Keef Richards........

They've probably talked about it , but Burroughs was more friendly with Jagger & Bowie than Richards. Different circles that played a part in Mick and Keith growing distant from each other.

I'm sure Mick was looking for ways to get Keith off the junk and went to the Godfather about what to do. Burroughs was on heroin for 12-15 years, twice as long than Keith took it for. I'm sure part of why the Stones went to Montauk to rehearse in '75 was to find a place where Keith couldn't get heroin easily, so they went to Warhol's summer home.

1-jagger-burroughs-warhol.jpg