Guns N' Roses Twitter post about New Album!

Jakey Styley

We are upset because we care. I remember how excited I was about the band in 2002, telling everyone how great Buckethead was, etc. He left, and that band imploded, because of Axl's inability to finish and release the record.

I also happen to really like the current group - and goddammit, here is Axl pissing it all away again.

Look, it's quite simple Axl - if all you want to do is tour the world playing Appetite and Illusion songs, then call Slash and do it right.

One thing I have to concur with Gunzen on is that I also can name a dozen friends that purchased CD and exactly zero of them had ever even heard of any GN'R forum until I mentioned the forums to them. While ER very well may be correct in that it is not "soccer moms" who purchased the album, it wasn't solely those on this or any other GN'R forum who purchased the album, based on my experience.

Ali

In the world of academia, there is the phrase: the plural of anecdote is not data. Which basically can be interpreted to mean that because you, and another poster, know a handful of people that bought the album, and are not members of the GnR on line community, does not invalidate ER's thesis that it was, and is, the online community that held out hope, for what most others in the industry had concluded, was a clusterfuck.

What exactly are you disputing? It seems you are making a strawman argument here. Where did I say anything about holding out hope?

All of the people I know who bought the CD album have never been to a single GN'R forum. Therefore, I said that based on my experience it wasn't just those of us on the forums who bought the album.

You concurred with Grunzen's false analogy in that your all's anecdote concluded This is made up horseshit, and complete speculation, Hence, that ER's thesis was "made up horse shit, complete speculation".

EDIT: Curious Ali, In my 8 years participation in the on-line GnR community, I have yet to see on disparaging remark about the band on your behalf; I don't think I have ever seen you admit that mistakes have been made by Rose and Co.

Perhaps, I am wrong-- I don't monitor every post to every site-- but the persona you exude is one of blind allegiance.

First point - I agreed with a specific part of Gunzen's post and found an analogs situation myself with the people I know. Anything else is you putting words in my mouth.

Ali

How cute. You attempt to define the argument, Ali.

Answer my question, Ali. "pathology"=clusterfuck=Axl=band=???=profit

While I admire your defense of my post, I have to defend Ali a bit as well and point out that he was only refuting the one point and using anecdotal evidence. For the record, I wasn't trying to imply that only online fans went out and bought the album. My point was that a majority of us did, some of us even bought multiple copies; whereas it's probably fair to assume a majority of the average casual listeners who attend GN'R concerts did not. If they did, the sales would have been much higher, and the album would have made more of an impact outside the fanbase. No one talks about Chinese Democracy anymore, even as a punchline. It's like it just came and went, which sucks, because I do think it's a good album.

I understand now where you are coming from and apologize for any misconstruing of your remarks. I agree that the majority of us bought the album and some, including myself, bought multiple copies. No argument here on that. I also would agree that it is likely that a fair number of the concert going crowds may not have purchased CD.

Ali

Look, it's quite simple Axl - if all you want to do is tour the world playing Appetite and Illusion songs, then call Slash and do it right.

Lol, when its put so simply and perfectly like that, it makes me think "you think this is what Axl sits up thinking about every night." That must really really kill him, especially while Slash is at home with his wife and family constantly thinking about the next great record.

For that Slash needs to publicly apologize to Axl...

"Hey I'm Slash and I'd like to express my sincere apologies to Axl for all the terrible, terrible things I have done and said... like.. like when I said I didn't like the Interview With a Vampire movie and.. and some other stuff.. I guess.."

Maybe GNR's tweet was a test to see how righteous Manets' and NGOG's intentions really were.

What do you mean? Please elaborate.

Technically they didn't say nothing was going to happen. They just said they weren't going to announce anything until it was 100% solidified. Perhaps they wanted to see how you guys would react first before they granted you access to El Axlente.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I think they are going to do all this stuff. release a record, put out the dvd and tour. it's just not confirmed yet.

This.

The twitter post has been taken out of context.

There's a comprehension problem here or few are taking advantage of the issue.

part of problem is the questions were designed specifically, but the answer, if that twitter post is meant as that, was general and can be taken as blunt. But if you think about it it just means nothing is confirmed not none of this will happen.

Maybe GNR's tweet was a test to see how righteous Manets' and NGOG's intentions really were.

Technically they didn't say nothing was going to happen. They just said they weren't going to announce anything until it was 100% solidified. Perhaps they wanted to see how you guys would react first before they granted you access to El Axlente.

Generally speaking, the person running the GNR social media doesn't know what's going. Fernando said the other day that they were working on the Vegas DVD so obviously things are in motion. Certain people are easy to cupcake and GNR are taking to the piss outta Manets and NGOG.

Generally speaking, the person running the GNR social media doesn't know what's going. Fernando said the other day that they were working on the Vegas DVD so obviously things are in motion. Certain people are easy to troll and GNR are taking to the piss outta Manets and NGOG.

But this is what I don't get. Working on what exactly? Shouldn't the DVD be done by now? What, is Fernando cutting the film by himself on iMovie and he just can't decide between star whip and dissolve transitions? It takes a year to a year and half to write, cast, film, edit and score a full length feature. What's left for them to do? Legal stuff? If so, why wasn't this issue dealt with prior to the DVD's announcement?

Moreover, considering GNR's track record, "working on" means very little. They were also working on the London stream, what happened to that? What happened to the Better video? What happened to the next album? What happened to the ten plus years it took the release Chinese Democracy? With most people/organizations, "working on" generally comes with the assumption that whatever is being worked on will be released. GNR, since 1994, doesn't have a track record that warrants safety in those assumptions.

This statement is dreadfully worded, and it does nothing to inspire any confidence in anything new even being written anytime soon.

Is the disconnect between management and the fans now so great that they don't have an inkling of how important new music is to the fanbase? Seriously.

It's not too late to turn News and Discussion into a Pearl Jam forum.

Speaking of which, Pearl Jam are headlining Big Day Outs in Australia this summer. Cant wait.

This statement is dreadfully worded, and it does nothing to inspire any confidence in anything new even being written anytime soon.

Is the disconnect between management and the fans now so great that they don't have an inkling of how important new music is to the fanbase? Seriously.

No it's not that they don't see it's importance, it's that they don't care and want to continue to run things on their own terms. They know that the continued live tours is a easy and convenient stream of money so why complicate it trying to manage something as complex and critical as a new album release if you don't have the industry knowledge to handle it in the first place.

Edited by rhiad85

It's not too late to turn News and Discussion into a Pearl Jam forum.

Speaking of which, Pearl Jam are headlining Big Day Outs in Australia this summer. Cant wait.

I got my tickets today for Van.

Edited by Randy Lahey

For that Slash needs to publicly apologize to Axl...

"Hey I'm Slash and I'd like to express my sincere apologies to Axl for all the terrible, terrible things I have done and said... like.. like when I said I didn't like the Interview With a Vampire movie and.. and some other stuff.. I guess.."

If it was that simple, Slash would have made some sort of apology, but he has no idea what he'd be apologizing for. That was part of the problem, and Axl would have said he was coming off as insincere. Someone had brought up Izzy was brought in to try to get Axl and Slash in the same room, but Axl never showed. It was probably to try to resolve what the issues were.

Maybe Axl doesn't want to resolve it.

"The finished product got mixed reviews and was a relative flop, moving less than one million copies in the U.S."

http://dlvr.it/3mbfW3

Negative spin during a time album sales in general were in decline, the reviews were mostly good. Bands don't even sell 100K copies on average anymore, and they hadn't released it as a digital download at the time. The exclusive deals made worked against album sales.

Radio stations are also in decline, they're saying the only stations that are going to make it are listener supported radio and college stations.

Which goes back to Team Brazil doing what they do...