Should we boycott the New GNR band?

AndreCC

Don't want to be negative at all, quite frankly i would prefer not to feel this way.

But as of the last announcement, we get the picture that nothing is actually coming out in a long time, and that we're going to have another 1-4 years of silence time span...

Anyone that has been following the band will know that if the band plans on doing something in 2014, it will end up coming true 2 or 3 or more years later.

I don't know if some of you share the same opinion, but i feel this has come to a drastic ridiculous point.

We have to admit that Axl has completely destroyed the good name of Guns N'Roses with his antics and let's face it, for this it would be better if GNR didn't even exist at this point.

My question to you is:

Should we completely boycott this band from now on? Should we don't even mention this new band and anything to do with it and solely speak about the Original GNR band.

What will be the point of devoting our time to the new band since nothing ever comes out of it successfully?!

Let's face it, they are a completely new band that should be on this project with the mindset that they should start from zero cause obviously none of the members have been part of GNR history besides Axl... even Axl himself should have that mindset and be humble enough to start from scratch, yet they act as if they were the "Classic Status" band that the name portrays all at the Original band's cost and do whatever they want to, which only damages the name further.

I don't mean to cupcake with this post at all, just serious discussion. Honestly i think it came to that point...

The shows, definitely, but the casual fan will always turn up so that will be difficult.

It's such a shame that it's come to people wanting to boycott their favourite band when an unreleased track released on itunes or OMG being played live, for example, would satisfy us for a while.

What i'm saying is that, there's nothing about this band to talk about.

It's amazing how we have more to talk about of the Old band (that ended about 20 years ago) then we have of this new band.

So why waste time talking about this new band and discussing whatever they do and whatever side projects they have?!

Maybe we should only start discussing the Classic band and boycott this disgraceful New GNR band for good.... after all this is not what we want to represent the great name of once a great band Guns N'Roses.

If this band had another name other than GNR, all discussions would be moved to a specific part of the forum as a side project. What i'm saying is that maybe we should do that. Maybe we should take this as a side project once and for all, and not give Axl or Team Brazil the satisfaction of considering this band to be GNR.

We have no right to boycott. They don't owe us anything. They go out and put on a show. The only one it would hurt is guys like Bumblefoot, Tommy, Frank, Pitman, Dizzy, and the stage crew. They put 100% effort all the time behind everything (including axl). Things aren't as easy as what you think it is.

• Like 1

They don't owe us, but WE DO HAVE every right to boycott this band as many times and as long as we want to.

It's pretty clear that whoever is responsible over there doesn't have any kind of respect for the fans... it's basically what i've always said... this Axl's new project is just Axl sucking up any money he can out of the name GNR... I don't think that's fair, since he's not the sole creator of that band and since he even disgraces what is Guns N'Roses.

Therefore i don't think we should give any kind of attention to this band or its projects, because quite frankly they don't deserve the attention.

Obviously my intentions are not to be disrespectful the actual new band members who work their ass off and who have no responsibility or says on the big decisions. Guys like Bumblefoot, Richard, Tommy, Frank etc. Guys that actually want this project to move forward.

I'm blaming Axl, his pack of Brazilian beggars and hangers and the rest of the people responsible for the disgrace they have done to this great name! Guns N'Roses.

Why fucking take the name to destroy it afterwards??!!

The general fans far outweigh us in numbers. We're a mere blimp on the radar.

As long as Axl milks the heyday material and plays as little of the nu material as possible like he is now, the gp will show up to hear the crowd pleasers. At least to the point where he can keep going.

Only ways it will stop is if his voice gets ridiculously bad (which is already happening) forcing him to retire once and for all, or if he dies.

What i'm saying is that, there's nothing about this band to talk about.

It's amazing how we have more to talk about of the Old band (that ended about 20 years ago) then we have of this new band.

So why waste time talking about this new band and discussing whatever they do and whatever side projects they have?!

Maybe we should only start discussing the Classic band and boycott this disgraceful New GNR band for good.... after all this is not what we want to represent the great name of once a great band Guns N'Roses.

If this band had another name other than GNR, all discussions would be moved to a specific part of the forum as a side project. What i'm saying is that maybe we should do that. Maybe we should take this as a side project once and for all, and not give Axl or Team Brazil the satisfaction of considering this band to be GNR.

thats a fair enough point and nothing is stopping you from talking about the old band and ignoring the new band, but I think that if you try to turn that into some sort of organized campaign that it would become counterproductive

I already have. I refuse to pay for anything under the brand name (concert tickets, music, merch, subscriptions, etc.) until at least two of these things happen:

a. they stop charging outrageously high for tickets, stop ripping fans off with Nightrain club

b. they physically release something that contains at least one new song

c. Axl gets his voice back in order

Edited by bacardimayne

Tickets here in Portugal are about 35 euros (40 dollars) they're not expensive, but even so i will prefer to spend those 35 euros taking my girl out for dinner than seeing another cash grab show from Axl and his new band.

Considering his current out of rasp voice it's not like i will lose anything anyways.

I refuse to pay for anything under the brand name (concert tickets, music, merch, subscriptions, etc.) - Me too Bacardi!

And for now on i refuse to speak about possible new songs of the new band. I won't give them that kind of attention and i won't help hype the new album in any shape or form.

We shouldn't even make setlists or tour threads when they start to tour, we should completely ignore that there's a tour going on when they're doing so. F*ck them!

We need to move on from this whole nightmare!

Edited by AndreCC

I already have. I refuse to pay for anything under the brand name (concert tickets, music, merch, subscriptions, etc.) until at least two of these things happen:

a. they stop charging outrageously high for tickets, stop ripping fans off with Nightrain club

b. they physically release something that contains at least one new song

c. Axl gets his voice back in order

It's a massive shame, GNR will always be important to me, I listened to them casually when I was young, then got into them big time shortly before ChiDem was released and during my 40 hours a week in hospital between 2009 and 2011 I used to listen to GNR all the time. I went to gigs on crutches the same day as I would have chemo.

Now though, I am 100% with the post above.

I saw two shows in 2010, I saw Estranged and Don't Cry, the only thing that's been added are covers, Civil War and rearranged solos iirc. I don't need to see that with the current vocals, so it appears that this interest is over.

I think the next tour could be very interesting. Either they start playing new material or it gets cancelled half way through. Or they actually pull off a whole tour like they have been doing with no new material just because fans want to see Axl and hear all the hits again.

Boycotting the band isn't enough. Spreading the word and convincing would-be concertgoers not to go would be the whole nine yards. That would include informing people that this band isn't even Guns N' Roses, that Axl sounds horrible live and that it's not worth the money. That type of scenario could go down two ways: either the loss of revenue would push Axl to put more effort into his singing and to release new material to remain of any relevance, or he would disappear from the music scene for good. Either one is better than the current situation.

• Like 1

Why would I wanna boycott my all time favourite band? I have to say, I hardly ever go to the forums anymore because there is simply nothing new to discuss. I can understand fans being a little frustrated because there has been no new material. But to be honest they toured a lot in the past couple of years and it was pretty great everytime I saw them. They play long shows and the band gives everything when on stage. Why would I want to boycott this experience? In comparison to 1994-2001 the band has done incredibly much in the past years ;)

Also we should all know by now that Axl is pretty pressure resistant, so a boycott would actually be pretty useless. We are always free to listen to other great bands that actually release new albums.

Well using a term as strong as 'boycott' is a bit anally retarded when it is applied to a silly rock band. But I have long since made the decision that I will not be attending anymore GN'R shows until, A/ there is a new album and B/ The setlists change a bit.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.

This. From the man himself. Explains it all. Frustrating? Yes, but it's out of everyone's hands except one; Axl Rose and we know that he does not follow the norm when it comes to most things so don't hold your breath people. Continue living your life and IF something new gets released, great! My 2 cents.

• Like 1