I need to say this.

Spark

I know that you want new music..... but haven't you realized that Axl & Co don't have any. NOTHING! NADA! the vaults are empty.

People believe that Axl is sitting on a mountain of music & not releasing it, where as
I believe :blink: he has parts of songs & some weak riffs & maybe a melody or a jumbled mess of lyrics, but that's not enough for a album. I have seen Van Halen digging up scraps from Eddie's vault for an album & they didn't have anything great.

Secondly, I can not believe ANY studio even considering working with Axl again in this life time after the mess of the last album.

I think every studio that Axl went to told him, he either get's 'the old line up together' or the studios are not interested. Axl has a bad reputation & everyone in the music biz knows that & they stay away from him because of it, his work ethic & attitude are as outdated as VHS tapes. No one wants to work with that kind of mentality anymore.

In all honesty do you think Axl has been blacklisted in the music industry, after the CD debacle?

Don't get me wrong, I love Axl & I'm not trolling (at least I think I'm not) but I can't understand why you can't see HE HAS NO NEW MUSIC.

Whatever songs NuGnr have, are mostly junk or not up to Axl's standard or some such thing.

& his management team are appalling & useless, if he wants to be taken seriously again he needs new management.

If he wants to keep his current manager & stay as he is, then he deserve what he gets.

Or do you believe he has new music but he can't get a record deal?

____

Was I ranting? :question:

I guess it's possible that he has only bits and pieces, but all the evidence points in the other direction. You have to remember that band members were in the studio from 1997 (obviously stuff exists from before that, too) to at least 2006, sometimes for very long stretches of time. We are talking thousands of hours. Very talented people who must have created all kinds of song structures. Then there are all the reports of actual songs, one report said over a hundred (unless I am misremembering) and it was sometime crazy early, like 1999. Even if you want to boil it down to A-list songs, we were told a Chinese release was ready to go in 2002 (may not have 100% done) and several of those have not been heard, plus Axl and Tommy said later in the game that there were 30+ songs close to completion. Not to mention all the song titles we know, all the stuff Axl has been working on since then, the stuff DJ has written, etc.

As for studios, there is a 0% chance that the problem here is that Guns n' Roses cannot find a studio to record in.

I think that the label are not interested in releasing another Axl Rose solo record when they can just hold out for the real deal some day in the future, even if it is only unreleased real GNR material.

Is it less painful writing it in rainbow? :-D

I have no idea whether the label is willing to put out a current GnR record but it might be better if they did. I suspect a very commercially successful 'solo' Axl would make him more likely to go for a one off reunion as he wouldn't have anything left to prove.

I think every studio that Axl went to told him, he either get's 'the old line up together' or the studios are not interested. Axl has a bad reputation & everyone in the music biz knows that & they stay away from him because of it, his work ethic & attitude are as outdated as VHS tapes. No one wants to work with that kind of mentality anymore.

Studio? Axl was under contract to Geffen/Universal. Films deal with STUDIOS (aside from recording). Bands deal with RECORD LABELS.

I know that you want new music..... but haven't you realized that Axl & Co don't have any. NOTHING! NADA! the vaults are empty.

People believe that Axl is sitting on a mountain of music & not releasing it, where as I believe :blink: he has parts of songs & some weak riffs & maybe a melody or a jumbled mess of lyrics, but that's not enough for a album. I have seen Van Halen digging up scraps from Eddie's vault for an album & they didn't have anything great.Secondly, I can not believe ANY studio even considering working with Axl again in this life time after the mess of the last album.

I think every studio that Axl went to told him, he either get's 'the old line up together' or the studios are not interested. Axl has a bad reputation & everyone in the music biz knows that & they stay away from him because of it, his work ethic & attitude are as outdated as VHS tapes. No one wants to work with that kind of mentality anymore.In all honesty do you think Axl has been blacklisted in the music industry, after the CD debacle?Don't get me wrong, I love Axl & I'm not trolling (at least I think I'm not) but I can't understand why you can't see HE HAS NO NEW MUSIC.

Whatever songs NuGnr have, are mostly junk or not up to Axl's standard or some such thing.

& his management team are appalling & useless, if he wants to be taken seriously again he needs new management.

If he wants to keep his current manager & stay as he is, then he deserve what he gets.

____

I'm asking you this question because I believe your sincere about what your saying, but as to your belief that there is no new music.

What about the full length demo album of all new material Axl handed over to the label in 2010?

Edited by ll_tj1

Okay that's interesting.

I understand that they were in the studio for a long time & bit's & pieces must have come out of that, but I still can not believe that anything of any value was created during that time & maybe some of the old members who were fired from NuGnr told Axl that he could not use any of that stuff since they were fired/quit.

Or Axl would have used it on CD, He used the best stuff he had for that album. Anything that was left out simply wasn't good enough.

I always assumed that when Axl or someone would say stuff like "We have about 57 songs done." That what they were really saying was that they had stuff that could be turned into a song, so in reality they had 57 potential songs. It's like they have to say this stuff to the media/press/fans so it looks like they are actually producing something & working on something instead of just sitting around.

I sometime wonder if after GNR broke up Axl never really had any good material & was desperately trying to rework songs to make them in to something half decent. He can't write alone & as he bought in more & more people to work with, who had very different styles of writing & ways of working he knew that everything he had could never be fixed up & made in to a great song because these were the wrong people to have fixing songs. They played a very different style of rock compared to the gritty style that was GNR.

What ever songs the guys in NuGnr had they probably used for their solo projects, if they had something really hot Axl would have played it in concert to test how the fans would react, but they don't have anything. Yeah they spend a lot of time together but that doesn't mean that they were busy writing songs for GNR.

I think people say a lot of things about how many songs Axl has when in reality he has no finished songs that are up to the GNR standards or that he even likes. Perhaps he also feels that putting out a new album would require him to sing to a certain standard that he can no longer do & would be ashamed to present to fans. A sad reality for singers & fans is that the singer is the first to show signs of wear & tear.

I can forgive a sloppy solo from a lead guitarist.

But it hurts me to hear Axl sing these days because his voice is not what it use to be.

People believe that Axl is sitting on a mountain of music & not releasing it, where as I believe :blink: he has parts of songs & some weak riffs & maybe a melody or a jumbled mess of lyrics, but that's not enough for a album. I have seen Van Halen digging up scraps from Eddie's vault for an album & they didn't have anything great.Secondly, I can not believe ANY studio even considering working with Axl again in this life time after the mess of the last album.

I think every studio that Axl went to told him, he either get's 'the old line up together' or the studios are not interested. Axl has a bad reputation & everyone in the music biz knows that & they stay away from him because of it, his work ethic & attitude are as outdated as VHS tapes. No one wants to work with that kind of mentality anymore.In all honesty do you think Axl has been blacklisted in the music industry, after the CD debacle?Don't get me wrong, I love Axl & I'm not trolling (at least I think I'm not) but I can't understand why you can't see HE HAS NO NEW MUSIC.

____

I'm asking you this question because I believe your sincere about what your saying, but as to your belief that there is no new music.

What about the full length demo album of all new material Axl handed over to the label in 2010?

____

If it exists...was it leaked? is it on youtube?

I have never read anything about an 2010 album, unfortunately.

Studio? Axl was under contract to Geffen/Universal. Films deal with STUDIOS (aside from recording). Bands deal with RECORD LABELS.

Forgive me.

____

this is news to me

____

this is news to me

It's a claim MSL has made for a long time, but I hid a post linking to a thread on his site discussing this. Sorry, same rules for everyone and all that.

After he had joined, Bumblefoot recorded guitar parts to many songs besides the ones that got to become the album known as CD.

What makes you think these other songs were in anyway less done and finished sounding than the ones we got on CD? There is no real rationale to back this kind of speculation up.

So from this I have built the strong position that yeah, there are songs that are done and are, as we say here, "in the vault."

However, I also believe Axl won't be putting these out ever. Because that's Axl for you.

When new music comes it will be fresh stuff written on the fly, and fast, by the new band, and released as fast before Axl goes into his difficult mood again.

• Like 1

There's another album's worth of material, probably more, that Axl hasn't released, he went over song titles (subject to change) in one of the chats.

He's still under contract with Universal, this also came up after ChiDem was released and more recently with the Vegas DVD, but they've had a rocky history with ChiDem delays and the lawsuit over the Greatest Hits (among other things).

Axl hasn't been blacklisted, but GNR isn't on Interscope's roster of artists on their website because there's been nothing new to promote, or no any reissues in the immediate future. That could change.

MSL got himself in over his head with info he obtained that could've turned into GNR Wikileaks.

There's 2 people who know "what" the follow up to ChiDem is - Caram and Axl. A lot of people have heard the unreleased stuff, some of which almost wound up on ChiDem.

I get the feeling Axl is in a strong position material wise. That's something Axl said that after the first band broke up there wasn't anything, he didn't want to be in that position again. So maybe now there never will be completely fresh set of songs, they will be working on a bunch of them and then if the label and them reach an agreement they will release a strong set of songs. Ron might not be excited by Atlas or the old stuff but the fans would be. Tommy and Dj might want to do a new record but the fans would take The General or an Axl epic in a heartbeat with it was written yesterday or 2 decades ago.

There's another album's worth of material, probably more, that Axl hasn't released, he went over song titles (subject to change) in one of the chats.

He's still under contract with Universal, this also came up after ChiDem was released and more recently with the Vegas DVD, but they've had a rocky history with ChiDem delays and the lawsuit over the Greatest Hits (among other things).

Axl hasn't been blacklisted, but GNR isn't on Interscope's roster of artists on their website because there's been nothing new to promote, or no any reissues in the immediate future. That could change.

MSL got himself in over his head with info he obtained that could've turned into GNR Wikileaks.

There's 2 people who know "what" the follow up to ChiDem is - Caram and Axl. A lot of people have heard the unreleased stuff, some of which almost wound up on ChiDem.

GNR Wikileaks!!? how deep does this rabbit hole go. eheh!

I get the feeling Axl is in a strong position material wise. That's something Axl said that after the first band broke up there wasn't anything, he didn't want to be in that position again. So maybe now there never will be completely fresh set of songs, they will be working on a bunch of them and then if the label and them reach an agreement they will release a strong set of songs. Ron might not be excited by Atlas or the old stuff but the fans would be. Tommy and Dj might want to do a new record but the fans would take The General or an Axl epic in a heartbeat with it was written yesterday or 2 decades ago.

I know the band & the fans want it so wth is Axl waiting for? the planets to align?!

I think as someone mentioned. No one is interested in releasing another Axl record... Chinese Democracy was a flop and it's not like the next few songs seem to promise anything better... actually everyone think they'll be worst. We'll see it to believe it.

After he had joined, Bumblefoot recorded guitar parts to many songs besides the ones that got to become the album known as CD.

What makes you think these other songs were in anyway less done and finished sounding than the ones we got on CD? There is no real rationale to back this kind of speculation up.

So from this I have built the strong position that yeah, there are songs that are done and are, as we say here, "in the vault."

However, I also believe Axl won't be putting these out ever. Because that's Axl for you.

When new music comes it will be fresh stuff written on the fly, and fast, by the new band, and released as fast before Axl goes into his difficult mood again.

People believe that Axl is sitting on a mountain of music & not releasing it, where as I believe :blink: he has parts of songs & some weak riffs & maybe a melody or a jumbled mess of lyrics, but that's not enough for a album. I have seen Van Halen digging up scraps from Eddie's vault for an album & they didn't have anything great.

Secondly, I can not believe ANY studio even considering working with Axl again in this life time after the mess of the last album.

In all honesty do you think Axl has been blacklisted in the music industry, after the CD debacle?

Don't get me wrong, I love Axl & I'm not trolling (at least I think I'm not) but I can't understand why you can't see HE HAS NO NEW MUSIC.

____

Heres what i think: I think that Axl has songs that are tied up in litigation with the lable and possibly with the artists/talent that recorded them. I think that every intention was for the follow through of CD2 & 3 but given the reaction and the way CD1 went down that there is a point that Axl is proving to the lables . You dont call the shots with GNR -not now not ever. I think the lable pulled the trigger and went ahead and released what THEY felt was an decent album titled CD but it wasnt what Axl insisted on.

It baffles me that someone would take something like GNR and spend so much time recording and tinkering just to sit on it. It has to be a behind the scenes fight about the rights to call the shots concerning the remaining material.

Hypothesis: Suppose Fink and Buckethead decided to set up a suit to prevent the use of thier material for purposes that Axl has demonstrated...letting current hired hands rerecord thier parts thus removing them for royalty renumeration % os sales etc....So while its possible that Axl intended to take say DJ in to the studio and have him rerecord Finks part for possible release and payment ..he is blocked from doing so until there is legal clarification. Just a possible educated guess to explain why there hasnt been a fire under GNRs ass to get CD 2 on the shelves about 2 years ago.

• Like 1

All of the material belongs to GNR. That was established the moment they joined and signed their contracts. Buckethead and Finck have no say on whether or not their parts are rewritten, recorded over or used. "GNR" has that say and even if someone rerecords your parts, you still get writing credit.

I don't like the assumption that we should start blaming ex-members again when Axl has never given a definitive answer if he even intends to release another album. Getting that clarification would be the first step before finger pointing.