I need to say this.

Spark

All of the material belongs to GNR. That was established the moment they joined and signed their contracts. Buckethead and Finck have no say on whether or not their parts are rewritten, recorded over or used. "GNR" has that say and even if someone rerecords your parts, you still get writing credit.

I don't like the assumption that we should start blaming ex-members again when Axl has never given a definitive answer if he even intends to release another album. Getting that clarification would be the first step before finger pointing.

It was a hypothesis/possibility since every member of this forum is grasping at straws for anything GNR. Yes im sure that there is a clause in the contracts that state that the music rendered belongs to GNR just the same way that any music that GNR manufactures has rights to the lable attached to it as well. But this is the US and the lawyers can gum up shit in ways that makes business more or less a Mexican standoff. The Hypothsis i postulated could very well be true and it depends on how the former members are to profit from the album. Were they paid straight wage IE paid to play and nothing more or nothing less or were there addendums attached that stated they got a percentage of royalties for every note that GNR used(similer to the old formula)

Take into account that Fink jumped on board and came and went through the long drought period of time ..for what ever reason he decided to jump overboard a huge chunk of his career was attached to GNR and Axl. So along comes Axl and erases his playing and rerecords with a new player and thus in essence reduces his possible paycheck and profit from CD... a lawyer could get ugly on that scenario real quick. Im only using Fink as an example. Because this is nothing more or nothing less than speculation.

Axl did say that there were plans..Leeds...he layed out a very elaborate scenario concerning A) We are playing songs we are thinking of NOT putting on the album( how many songs on CD were 1) leaks and 2) played in concert since 2001??

B)He said: When that album has run it course then the second will drop and then when that album has run its course the 3rd album will drop. Again like all things GNR: the best laid plans of mice and men prevail. Axl has more songs and ability than what we know of and there is a real reason that we dont see him in action with this new band in the studio.

A slimy story about Lables and lawyers:

My guitarist signed a contract with his first group in LA...and it recorded a demo. THe lable didnt get behind it and the band broke up- but he still remained under contract. We got ready to do our material 3 years later only to find his contract explicitly stated that any music he wrote or performed with another group was prohibited unless the lable recieved compensation for his services. Even in a covers band he was to pay the lable for the time on stage and rehearsal if he recieved any pay. It took him 6 years to break that contract.(98) . by then the scene had changed and it killed his career and massacred our project all together. He had gone to MIT with Buckethead and was a student of Paul Gilberts and a very talented focused guy. He now plays in a blues project out of Denver and has gone no where with his promising career. Thats the extent that lawyers and lables will go to get thier way. Happens thousands of times to young artists. In essence he was an endentured servent to the lable. They tried to whore him out to other projects in those years but his will and his heart were not in the mix and he went broke fighting for his right to move on.

There are no lawsuits. I am sure that when all the musicians who recorded material over that 10-12 year period had to sign paperwork stating that all the material would be the sole property of GNR/UZI SUICIDE.

Agree. I'm pretty sure anything written by a member under contract would be owned by Axl/ GnR.

I can see why some current members might be pissed. It would suck having to perform and not being able to take credit for writing the song, like they've already done. My feeling is most of the new album will be older songs from the Bucket/Brain and Robin era, while the new guys like Ron/DJ/ Frank and Richard, to a degree, will have there own.

Much like CD, Ron,DJ etc will leave their marks on the songs already done by the others. I feel this is one of the reasons why Ron gets pissy when talk of new music comes up, because he wants more writing credits but won't be getting them. My 2 cents.

I think as someone mentioned. No one is interested in releasing another Axl record... Chinese Democracy was a flop and it's not like the next few songs seem to promise anything better... actually everyone think they'll be worst. We'll see it to believe it.

This is one thing that gets skipped over in the raging debate over whether or not CD was "a success"; regardless of what anyone else thinks, Uni views CD as a huge flop, waste of time, energy, effort and money. If I'm Uni, I'm only interested in a "easy" product from GN'R. If they could get an album without having to jump through any hoops for Axl, then they'd be happy to release it. That is never going to happen because Axl wants things a particular way and who can blame him? But when it comes to art & business they rarely mix and in this case, I think it's going to block any release of any type for the near future.

Guys don't be dicks to MSL, he's the one to go to for the most accurate information regarding NuGuns since TB won't give us shit

Indeed. I don't get all this hate for MSL.

MSL got us music when Chinese was still a couple years away, so for that, I'll always be grateful to him. I mean that sincerely.

However, seven years later, at a time where fans are in a furror over the lack of new music, and being treated like shit like never before at by "management" I can see why some folks might get irritated by his non-sharing of the songs he claims to have (Silkworms, Going Down, Oh My God, Blood In The Water, etc.)

I'm not saying it's merrited, but it certainly doesn't surprise me when some fans lash out. Kind of an "understood, if not condoned" thing.

I know that you want new music..... but haven't you realized that Axl & Co don't have any. NOTHING! NADA! the vaults are empty.

People believe that Axl is sitting on a mountain of music & not releasing it, where as I believe :blink: he has parts of songs & some weak riffs & maybe a melody or a jumbled mess of lyrics, but that's not enough for a album. I have seen Van Halen digging up scraps from Eddie's vault for an album & they didn't have anything great.

Secondly, I can not believe ANY studio even considering working with Axl again in this life time after the mess of the last album.

I think every studio that Axl went to told him, he either get's 'the old line up together' or the studios are not interested. Axl has a bad reputation & everyone in the music biz knows that & they stay away from him because of it, his work ethic & attitude are as outdated as VHS tapes. No one wants to work with that kind of mentality anymore.

In all honesty do you think Axl has been blacklisted in the music industry, after the CD debacle?

Don't get me wrong, I love Axl & I'm not trolling (at least I think I'm not) but I can't understand why you can't see HE HAS NO NEW MUSIC.

Whatever songs NuGnr have, are mostly junk or not up to Axl's standard or some such thing.

& his management team are appalling & useless, if he wants to be taken seriously again he needs new management.

If he wants to keep his current manager & stay as he is, then he deserve what he gets.

Or do you believe he has new music but he can't get a record deal?

____

Was I ranting? :question:

Ok, first thing we konw that Atlas is mixed, mastered and ready to go. People here aren't asking for an album they are asking for music. If Axl puts Atlas out as a single with a music video i bet that everybody will shut up and enjoy it.

Second, what do you mean by "no studios want to work with him". Anyone can record at any studio in the world if he has the money for it. Why wouldn't they work with him? It's easy money, he wouldn't show up for the first 2 weeks anyway, the sound engineer can drink his coffee and watch his favorite TV show and get paid for it.

Third, no he has not been blacklisted by anyone. Why? Because he brings them money.

If you ask me in this age a band like Guns N' Roses does not need a label contract. Just put your music on iTunes, shoot some videos for the songs and wait for a million bucks to get passed on to your bank account.

It's a claim MSL has made for a long time, but I hid a post linking to a thread on his site discussing this. Sorry, same rules for everyone and all that.

We had an agreement that if I proved I was a truthful and reliable source, links to my site would be treated like links to any other news source, as long as I was not posting the links myself and that the links were not being posted at my direction.

I provided the agreed upon evidence to verify myself as a truthful and reliable source. I have posted here in good faith without making any mention of my website.

I kept my end of the bargain. I'm very sad to learn that you have not done the same. I have a long history of delivering accurate information about the band. Announcing the release date of Chinese Democracy months in advance, breaking the news that Doc McGhee had been fired, providing accurate details about unreleased songs, etc all of which were proven correct over the years. There have been times where many of you have doubted the legitimacy of my reports, only for Axl Rose himself to then take to Twitter to begrudgingly confirm my information.

We had a simple deal. I don't pimp my site here. You don't pull links if/when people here choose to discuss something I've reported.

I will continue to honor my side of the arrangement and I hope you will give some thought to reconsidering your change of heart. Every single day, people link to other sites to discuss legitimate news and information. I put myself at great risk to prove to you that I was a legitimate insider at one point, not a bullshitter. It may be inconvenient for this site that I post my legitimate news on a message board instead of on a blog, but it would be a disservice to the members here to remove links to legitimate news simply because the journalist in question operates their own GNR message board.

My site is doing just fine and there's no need for me to try to promote it here. I respect the rules here and I abide by them. But we did have a deal that you wouldn't pull links to my stuff if the links were posted in good faith by one of your users. I implore you to honor that agreement and hope you will seriously consider my request.

MSL,

We obviously have a different recollection of our deal. I agreed to publicly "validate" you - and acknowledge that you weren't full of shit as people kept on claiming (which I did!)

We also agreed that there would be a single, all-encompassing MSL thread in D&N that people could discuss you and your site in. That thread still exists, people can still bump it, and I am happy for people to post links to your site in that single thread. Outside that thread, the same rules apply to your site as they do everyone else's.

That was the deal - I also asked a number of people to leave you alone, which they did and have continued to do as far as I am aware... So as far as I'm concerned, I have absolutely held up my end of our deal.

I implore you to go and read our discussion again, and you will see that I stated our agreement as follows:

We'll allow discussion of your news/podcasts/etc in one thread in the main GN'R section. The all-encompassing, all-things MSL thread.

The primary condition of this, is that if you're going to participate in the thread... you do it as a member here, as opposed to as a spokesperson for your site. Any advertising for your website needs to go in Ain't It Fun. Example - If you want to post a podcast link in D&N, post it as a direct link.

If you're being sincere, that all you're after is to be treated as a "normal" poster, and that you want to participate in the community, then this shouldn't be an issue. As I've said many times; this is the same rule that applies to all other GN'R fansites here.

I hope this clears up any confusion, there's no ill-will on my end.

Secondly, I can not believe ANY studio even considering working with Axl again in this life time after the mess of the last album.

Well thought out. It makes sense that people like Skid Row with a fake lead singer and Faster Pussycat can get record deals, but not Axl fucking Rose.

Also, while you didn't mention it here, I'm sure you are well aware that through an obscure legal quirk, Axl is unable to release songs on his own because he was born in Lafayette, Indiana the only town in America where releasing music on iTunes is punishable by death.

All that bullshit we have been hearing about 40 some odd songs is a complete fabrication! The Masons are involved somehow, but it isn't safe to talk about it here, they see everything.

Have you considered that maybe Axl OD'd in 1992, and the CD songs are really from a Pilipino kid who can imitate him well? Or do you lean toward the alternate theory that Axl Rose never actually existed, his voice was made using multiple animal noises, similar to the technique used in Jurassic Park?

Do you have any comments on the rumors that before faking his death, Michael Jackson bought the entire GnR catalogue of unreleased material just to be a dick, and has only played it for Princess Diana and JFK Jr on their secret Nazi base on Mars?

Well thought out. It makes sense that people like Skid Row with a fake lead singer and Faster Pussycat can get record deals, but not Axl fucking Rose.

Also, while you didn't mention it here, I'm sure you are well aware that through an obscure legal quirk, Axl is unable to release songs on his own because he was born in Lafayette, Indiana the only town in America where releasing music on iTunes is punishable by death.

All that bullshit we have been hearing about 40 some odd songs is a complete fabrication! The Masons are involved somehow, but it isn't safe to talk about it here, they see everything.

Have you considered that maybe Axl OD'd in 1992, and the CD songs are really from a Pilipino kid who can imitate him well? Or do you lean toward the alternate theory that Axl Rose never actually existed, his voice was made using multiple animal noises, similar to the technique used in Jurassic Park?

Do you have any comments on the rumors that before faking his death, Michael Jackson bought the entire GnR catalogue of unreleased material just to be a dick, and has only played it for Princess Diana and JFK Jr on their secret Nazi base on Mars?

Oh get off of it already!! everybody knows that Axl and Jim Morrison along with Elvis and Jimi as well as Michael all read Ayn Rands Atlas Shrugged and her other book " the virture of selfishness" and embraced objectivism as a philosophy. They all live well in Sedona Arizona where they commune with aliens living in this diminsion. sheesh thats common knowledge!
  • Like 1

I know that you want new music..... but haven't you realized that Axl & Co don't have any. NOTHING! NADA! the vaults are empty.

People believe that Axl is sitting on a mountain of music & not releasing it, where as I believe :blink: he has parts of songs & some weak riffs & maybe a melody or a jumbled mess of lyrics, but that's not enough for a album. I have seen Van Halen digging up scraps from Eddie's vault for an album & they didn't have anything great.

Don't get me wrong, I love Axl & I'm not trolling (at least I think I'm not) but I can't understand why you can't see HE HAS NO NEW MUSIC.

Atlas Shrugged is ready to go, the ONLY reason it didn't make the cut is because Bumblebee finished it last minute and it couldn't fit on the cd. We know about Oh My God, Axl himself has said there is another version of that. We know about Silkworms. We know about The General. We know about Ides of March, Oklahoma, Down By The Ocean, Soul Monster, Seven, Thym, Quick Song, Zodiac, Checkmate, and Blood in the Water. That's 14 songs, that's enough for an album the size of CD. I don't know what this shit is about Axl not having any new music.

It was already explaned to me that Axl has CD2 but can't release it (god knows why).

So I was wrong, but how am I to know that when it is very hard to find ANY info on this mysterious CD2?

It's not exactly common knowledge to some of us (especially someone new to this board).

ya :jerkoff:

It was already explaned to me that Axl has CD2 but can't release it (god knows why).

So I was wrong, but how am I to know that when it is very hard to find ANY info on this mysterious CD2?

It's not exactly common knowledge to some of us (especially someone new to this board).

ya :jerkoff:

He has songs in different stages of completion, that's all we know, and proposed song titles. We don't know if he and Caram still work on tinkering with mixes or not.

Maybe he'll do what Billy Corgan did with Machina II - just put it out there to the fans for free.

I don't think he even knows what to do with the songs, just that everything it took to get ChiDem out took a toll on him.

If he wasn't happy with the album, the band would be doing the songs differently live.

There is no "CD2" until they confirm it, but the name "Chinese Democracy" = "Epic Procrastination" to Universal and I doubt Iovine would think it's in GNR's best interest to have that name, any more than it would make sense to make a sequel to "Gigli".