How would you feel about a MyGNR podcast?

Guest NGOG

I have been thinking for a while that a podcast might alleviate the sense of boredom beginning to creep into the community. It would give new life to GNR conversation. Consider some of the strong personalities we have on here - Randy, Magisme, Ali, ER etc. - a podcast could easily give rise to some intriguing discussion. Somebody could present the podcast (I'd like to, maybe with a co-presenter) and have a panel of opinion on the latest GNR topic.

I think it could get GNR to take us more seriously too. Vocalized opinion is pretty hard to ignore. It would put a face to our frustrations. Somebody like Bumblefoot might even join in.

MSL did do a GNR podcast but what you have to understand is that everything he does is to broaden his own horizons professionally.

I hope you'd go on air by the way Morris. :lol:

Thomas Meadows used to do his radio shows, I think the last one was just before the Vegas gigs? I listened to a couple of 'em but was never around when they were actually happening.

They weren't very, let's say, insightful.

I have been thinking for a while that a podcast might alleviate the sense of boredom beginning to creep into the community. It would give new life to GNR conversation. Consider some of the strong personalities we have on here - Randy, Magisme, Ali, ER etc. - a podcast could easily give rise to some intriguing discussion. Somebody could present the podcast (I'd like to, maybe with a co-presenter) and have a panel of opinion on the latest GNR topic.

I think it could get GNR to take us more seriously too. Vocalized opinion is pretty hard to ignore. It would put a face to our frustrations. Somebody like Bumblefoot might even join in.

I don't think GNR wants to take you seriously. Especially after all of the bashing over the last few days.

I enjoy MSL and Hitmans podcast. They haven't done one in a while.

Edit: I think it is a cool idea though and would support it.

Edited by Coma16

It's a great idea in theory, but the reality of it wouldnt be so great.

First of all, there isnt enough news to fill a podcast. Look, nothing is happening with GNR right now. Nothing.

And so what would we talk about in the podcast? Axl's weight? How much of a douche bag DJ is? Bumby's hit sauce? Cuz those are the hottest topics on the forums.

A GNR podcast would be as vibrant as a Led Zep podcast. It could be a cool historical miniseries, but we all already know GNRs history. There is nothing new to discuss.

Read up on podcasting/livestreaming dos and dont's, I think going with a test run of 15 minute shows and taking calls or Skypes in will give you some idea of where you want it to go. I wouldn't go over an hour, but would stick to a 30 minute format until you get more people involved.

It's all in the organizing the topics and the flow, no different than if you were going on radio.

The better you get at it, the more guests you get - then expand it to an hour - and possible advertisers.

It doesn't have to be strictly about GNR, you could probably get most of the band past and present on the show, but you have to figure out who you have to go through to set it up.

Edited by dalsh327

Awesome idea

I'd love to hear it but I would be afraid of what previous posts have stated. With his board at an all time low (even in HighVoltage's opinion) the possible topics to disucss on the podcast would also be at an all time low. I think it's a great idea just at a really bad time. Were in the quiet period now and who knows how long it's going to last, if this was was after the album dropped or during a tour then you have something. Now it's gonna be rating top 5 GNR relatted solo projects, or best 3 performances of "Don't Cry" (alt lyrics only).