The Beatles

luciusfunk

Aw fuck that, i want stuff i aint seen before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=rb0-vF9bWR4

They are reporting it as if they have unearthed some 'hidden footage of John as an evil unrepentant un-pc individual'' yet it was part of his routine on virtually every night of a certain tour (I think if memory serves me before ''Twist and Shout'' but I might be wrong), and multiple footage of it has existed for years, both officially and unofficially. It has been discussed at length also.

It would be the equivalent of somebody unearthing some ''unseen unique new footage of Axl lambasting Izzy'' before Double Talkin' Jive''!

I guess a lot of people didn't remember seeing it Anthology but some documentary pointed it out and now it's a news item. Lennon also did a fundraiser for Willowbrook to help the kids out because of Geraldo Rivera's expose...

I waited 11 hours in the snow to see Paul a couple of years back. Was a great gig but to be honest I'd done a litre of vodka out in the queue plus a few beers and i was proper hammered by the time i got in there, ready to go mad and all that and everyone was all kinda soft and conservative and polite handclappy and there with their Mums and all this shit, my own stupid fault really, i was going to see a rapidly approach octagenarian age Paul McCartney solo, not The Silver Beetles in some Hamburg doss house. Lovely gig though. My sister (a massive Beatles fan and the person who got me into The Beatles when i was an ickle baby) came (showed up 30 mins before the gig, i snuck her into the queue with me, jammy cow) and started crying at some of the songs, like bawling her eyes out, bless her, the scatty mare :lol:

Afterwards they were all talking about me on the Paul McCartney message board on his site 'did you see that junkie in the bomber jacket up front making all the noise, some people ruin it for everyone else' :lol: Junkie?!? Excuse me, I'm a respectable man! I'd been waiting out in the snow for 12 hours so i suppose the bomber, the fingerless Old Man Steptoe mittens and the long scraggy hair and hairy face gave off the wrong vibe :lol: Stupid old cunts.

• Like 1

I waited 11 hours in the snow to see Paul a couple of years back. Was a great gig but to be honest I'd done a litre of vodka out in the queue plus a few beers and i was proper hammered by the time i got in there, ready to go mad and all that and everyone was all kinda soft and conservative and polite handclappy and there with their Mums and all this shit, my own stupid fault really, i was going to see a rapidly approach octagenarian age Paul McCartney solo, not The Silver Beetles in some Hamburg doss house. Lovely gig though. My sister (a massive Beatles fan and the person who got me into The Beatles when i was an ickle baby) came (showed up 30 mins before the gig, i snuck her into the queue with me, jammy cow) and started crying at some of the songs, like bawling her eyes out, bless her, the scatty mare :lol:

Afterwards they were all talking about me on the Paul McCartney message board on his site 'did you see that junkie in the bomber jacket up front making all the noise, some people ruin it for everyone else' :lol: Junkie?!? Excuse me, I'm a respectable man! I'd been waiting out in the snow for 12 hours so i suppose the bomber, the fingerless Old Man Steptoe mittens and the long scraggy hair and hairy face gave off the wrong vibe :lol: Stupid old cunts.

Your story reminds me of this sketch when Homer goes back to college,

Your story reminds me of this sketch when Homer goes back to college,

don't get me wrong i didn't expect a mosh pit but like, i dunno, i just have this association with The Beatles and people losing their minds, you don't have to pogo or anything but...y'know, screaming and being up for the craic as they'd put it round your way, was pretty staid really, i was afraid to move in case my elbow nudged someone or something :lol:

Aw fuck that, i want stuff i aint seen before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=rb0-vF9bWR4

They are reporting it as if they have unearthed some 'hidden footage of John as an evil unrepentant un-pc individual'' yet it was part of his routine on virtually every night of a certain tour (I think if memory serves me before ''Twist and Shout'' but I might be wrong), and multiple footage of it has existed for years, both officially and unofficially. It has been discussed at length also.

It would be the equivalent of somebody unearthing some ''unseen unique new footage of Axl lambasting Izzy'' before Double Talkin' Jive''!

ok, i understand it now...

i'm not a huge fan of Beatles

Stones all the way, sorry.... :shrugs:

• 2 months later...

Ringo Starr auction

The drumkit went at 2.1 million

One of his wristwatches fetched 180,000

A statue owned by Lennon went for 41K

He had a Bowie "Heroes" print that sold for 4400

Pinky ring 106K

Onyx ring 100K

Band signed poster 44K

Tweed suit 14K

Snare drum 75K

Road case 40K

Sgt Pepper caravan panel 125K

Apple watch 2K

Lennon inscribed animation cel dated 1974, 8K

Rickenbacker gifted to Ringo 900K

Keith Moon gifted Omega LED watch 9500

Cream signed guitar - 6500

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/live-sale/id/163/

There's another auction, the big money item being a guitar Olivia gifted to Ringo around the Concert for George event.

Edited by dalsh327