A new moderator

highvoltage

We'd like to announce the addition of russtcb as a moderator of the Discussion and News section.

For those unfamiliar with Russ, he was formerly an admin over at GNRevo, and was well respected by members during his tenure there.

Russ has offered to help out here, and I'm really glad to have him and his experience on board - he may not have as many posts as some, but I'm positive he'll be a great addition to the team.

Please make him feel welcome! :)

Hi Russ, was going through GNREvo the other day and noticed all your posts were deleted, why is that? Not trying to stir up shit, just genuinely befuddled and curious.

Out of respect for all parties, I'd just ask that you direct these sorts of questions in a PM to him. I know you're not trying to stir anything, but I think he'd rather not discuss this stuff in public. :)

Who is the current mod team? Subsy, HV, Powerage, Sabbath, Russ, Forsaken, Zint, ER... Is Montrealer still a mod? Anyone I missed?

Monty is a News Reporter. Kickingthehabit is also still a mod, but he's also our legal counsel. :shades:

Another axlite, what a surprise. :max:

I can't speak for everyone.. but I'm pretty sure all the mods love Slash. slash_ani.gif

It's a pretty odd comment to make, imo. Our current moderating team, I think, strikes a perfect balance: I don't think any of us are fervently pro-Axl or pro-Slash. We all seem to have a pretty clear understanding of how complex the band's history is, the personalities of its bandmembers, etc. I'll defend Axl as quickly as I'll defend Slash, all depending on the context and my opinion. I think that's key. I think if we were "Axlites" we wouldn't have come under fire from certain users for allowing negative opinions, which is what was happening the past few months.

Point being, the current team isn't by default an "Axlite" mentality, but if russ is more of an Axl fan there's really nothing wrong with that, and it could be nice to switch up the dynamics a bit. He's a smart guy; he's not going to be banning people from praising Slash, nor do I think any opinion he may have will affect his strengths as a moderator. His strong reputation he carries with him from GNREvo forum attests to that. I'm glad to have him on board. :)

• Like 3

Who is the current mod team? Subsy, HV, Powerage, Sabbath, Russ, Forsaken, Zint, ER... Is Montrealer still a mod? Anyone I missed?

Monty is a News Reporter. Kickingthehabit is also still a mod, but he's also our legal counsel. :shades:

Another axlite, what a surprise. :max:

I can't speak for everyone.. but I'm pretty sure all the mods love Slash. slash_ani.gif

Lol $lash :awesomeface: