I don't give a shit about religion.

arnold layne

Anyone who views another religion as 'evil' scares the fuck out of me. I can only think of one thing: Hitler.

In fairness to them all you have to do is read the various holy books to see that all religions teach some pretty evil and sick shit. The moderates that make up the vast majority of believers simply choose to ignore those elements but it doesn't mean they're not there.

But why do you let it bother you? [...]

I only have a problem with religion when it hurts others.

Religion hurts other people all the time. Either by oppressing them with primitive customs (like the way women and gays are treated in many religions), by polarizing people to the extent of warfare and terrorism (like skirmishes between Christiand and Muslims in various African and Asian countries), and by telling people it is okay to substitute thinking with feeling (whenever scientific facts are rejected in favour of scripture). Basically religion holds mankind back. We will be better off without it.

The problem with Atheistis is, not the fact that they are atheists, but that they are fucking horrible smug egotistical self-absorbed bastards. They are identical to religious fundermentalists in their smugness and general arrogance. I am agnostic but I would much rather drink in a pub with a bunch of catholics than atheists.

tumblr_m4h578Qfea1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

/thread

But why do you let it bother you? [...]

I only have a problem with religion when it hurts others.

Religion hurts other people all the time. Either by oppressing them with primitive customs (like the way women and gays are treated in many religions), by polarizing people to the extent of warfare and terrorism (like skirmishes between Christiand and Muslims in various African and Asian countries), and by telling people it is okay to substitute thinking with feeling (whenever scientific facts are rejected in favour of scripture). Basically religion holds mankind back. We will be better off without it.

Of course we would. But it exists. Fact. It is a strong influence in many people's lives. Fact.

I live in a relatively non-religious country (as do you), so I don't let it bother me what other people choose to believe in. I know it is righteous to want to change the world and make everything 'fair' for everyone, but the reality is that there are forces at play much stronger than any one of us, or even many of us. People ultimately have the right to believe what they want.

I live in a relatively non-religious country (as do you), so I don't let it bother me what other people choose to believe in. I know it is righteous to want to change the world and make everything 'fair' for everyone, but the reality is that there are forces at play much stronger than any one of us, or even many of us. People ultimately have the right to believe what they want.

I don't think irrationality necessary is stronger than rationality. I believe it is possible to enlighten clouded minds. I believe we see this happening with less and less people believing in religious nonsense in many countries around the world. We have to continue to vocally reject irrationality and keep this trend continuing. Perhaps some time in the future we will look back and shake our heads at the times when the majority of humans believed in witches, ghosts and gods.

And yes, everybody has the right to believe what they want. No one has said anything else.

couldn't agree more, religion is not for me and it doesn't bother me one bit if anybody else feels it is for them. People believe in different things, I learned how to deal with that many years ago.

How do you "deal" with your loved ones being victims of religious terror? Oh yeah, that hasn't happened to you so you don't care.

nope.jpg

Guest Len B'stard

I find militant atheism at least a little more understandable considering the time-scale and the amount of an airing religion has got and the amount of oppression it has subjected to world to over centuries and centuries, militant atheism makes a kind of sense to me although they'd do well to bear in that being militant in general is sort of heading towards the same kind of fuckery as the people that they are criticising in the first place.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Like, I don't want to talk about it. I don't care. It doesn't impact my life in any way. If all the churches in the world suddenly disappeared, I wouldn't even notice.

I feel this forum has become a flame war about religion recently, and quite honestly the atheists are just as annoying as the spiritual.

Can't there be something more to life than arguing about this bullshit? C'mon people, seriously.

I don't give a shit about you and I'd be ok with it if very happy you disappeared completely. But you don't see me making threads about it.

Yes username. I get it. You don't like me. Well I've got news for you buddy, most people don't. So quit acting like you're special because you're not the only one with that opinion.

If I had a fucking nickel every time...

I find militant atheism at least a little more understandable considering the time-scale and the amount of an airing religion has got and the amount of oppression it has subjected to world to over centuries and centuries, militant atheism makes a kind of sense to me although they'd do well to bear in that being militant in general is sort of heading towards the same kind of fuckery as the people that they are criticising in the first place.

With "militant atheists" you are thinking about atheists who diligently and strongly argue their case, and not literally atheists with guns willing to fight theism, right?

Like, I don't want to talk about it. I don't care. It doesn't impact my life in any way. If all the churches in the world suddenly disappeared, I wouldn't even notice.

I feel this forum has become a flame war about religion recently, and quite honestly the atheists are just as annoying as the spiritual.

Can't there be something more to life than arguing about this bullshit? C'mon people, seriously.

So you start a topic about something that you wish people wouldn't talk about............

I made a comment once in a topic you started and you told me something like "nobody asked you to comment. If you don't like my topics, don't read them."

Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Instead of constantly complaining about everything, why not stick to topics that you enjoy and ignore the ones you don't like? Pretty simple stuff.

So you start a topic about something that you wish people wouldn't talk about............

I made a comment once in a topic you started and you told me something like "nobody asked you to comment. If you don't like my topics, don't read them."

Instead of constantly complaining about everything, why not stick to topics that you enjoy and ignore the ones you don't like? Pretty simple stuff.

Sure will, Pretentious Old Man.

• Like 1

Oh no..........the kid who complains about everything and how terrible is life is just insulted me and called me old!!!!!!

(You might want to look up the word pretentious though, so you know what it means).

Good luck kid! :thumbsup:

Edited by Groghan

Guest Len B'stard

With "militant atheists" you are thinking about atheists who diligently and strongly argue their case, and not literally atheists with guns willing to fight theism, right?

The second one :D

• Like 1

Ah, yeah the militant atheists who discuss with the militant theists. And then we have the militant lurkers and the militant couldn't-give-two-shits.

Guest Len B'stard

Ah, yeah the militant atheists who discuss with the militant theists. And then we have the militant lurkers and the militant couldn't-give-two-shits.

And guns, don't forget the guns ;)

Oh no..........the kid who complains about everything and how terrible is life is just insulted me and called me old!!!!!!

(You might want to look up the word pertentious though, so you know what it means).

You think you know all the answers, and you're think you're the shit. Then you go around flaunting yourself like you're better than everyone, but really you're just an asshole.

(You might want to look up the word pertentious though, so you know what it means).

You think you know all the answers, and you're think you're the shit. Then you go around flaunting yourself like you're better than everyone, but really you're just an asshole.

Wrong.

I don't know all the answers. I post my opinions - just like you do.

I don't think I'm the sh*t. I've worked hard to carve a nice life out for myself. I don't sit around and moan and cry about my life like you do. If I was as miserable as you are in life I'd do something about it. That's a big difference between you and me. I'd fix my life, whereas you seem happy to just sit around in a drunken and drug filled stupor crying about how bad the world is.

Flaunting myself like I'm better than everybody..........again, no. I've got a good job that I enjoy, a great wife and three wonderful kids, and am a happy person. In your eyes.......that's flaunting and thinking I'm better than everybody else? Uhh, OK. Would you like it better if I came on here and cried and moaned every day about how terrible life is? Life isn't about judging it against others, it's about how happy YOU are with YOURSELF. The fact that I'm happy with my life makes you very angry. That says everything about you, not about me. I don't think I'm better than random complete strangers on a rock n roll message board. Somebody would have to be pretty pathetic if that made a difference in their lives. I share my personal life stories with people, just like EVERYBODY else on the board does. Again, if that makes you angry, then you need to look deep inside yourself and figure out why it does.

I'm an asshole? What would you call yourself? A bitter, angry little kid who is constantly whining and crying about how bad is life is - that about sum it up? I'm glad you think I'm an asshole. What do I feel about you? I feel sorry for you, as you seem pretty miserable and unhappy in life. I hope someday you get off the booze and drugs and can find something/somebody that will make you happy in life. (Of course, me hoping that you find happiness someday will make you very angry for some reason).

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 2

Wrong.

I don't think I'm the sh*t. I've worked hard to carve a nice life out for myself. I don't sit around and moan and cry about my life like you do. If I was as miserable as you are in life I'd do something about it. That's a big difference between you and me. I'd fix my life, whereas you seem happy to just sit around in a drunken and drug filled stupor crying about how bad the world is.

Flaunting myself like I'm better than everybody..........again, no. I've got a good job that I enjoy, a great wife and three wonderful kids, and am a happy person. In your eyes.......that's flaunting and thinking I'm better than everybody else? Uhh, OK. Would you like it better if I came on here and cried and moaned every day about how terrible life is? Life isn't about judging it against others, it's about how happy YOU are with YOURSELF. The fact that I'm happy with my life makes you very angry. That says everything about you, not about me. I don't think I'm better than random complete strangers on a rock n roll message board. Somebody would have to be pretty pathetic if that made a difference in their lives. I share my personal life stories with people, just like EVERYBODY else on the board does. Again, if that makes you angry, then you need to look deep inside yourself and figure out why it does.

I'm an asshole? What would you call yourself? A bitter, angry little kid who is constantly whining and crying about how bad is life is - that about sum it up? I'm glad you think I'm an asshole. What do I feel about you? I feel sorry for you, as you seem pretty miserable and unhappy in life. I hope someday you get off the booze and drugs and can find something/somebody that will make you happy in life. (Of course, me hoping that you find happiness someday will make you very angry for some reason).

You're both a pair of cunts if you ask me.

will make you happy in life. (Of course, me hoping that you find happiness someday will make you very angry for some reason).

I was wondering why this member's name was coming up white....then I noticed he has been practically instabanned..... :awesomeface:

will make you happy in life. (Of course, me hoping that you find happiness someday will make you very angry for some reason).

I was wondering why this member's name was coming up white....then I noticed he has been practically instabanned..... :awesomeface:

He still got in 24 posts though :lol:

Wrong.

Here's Groghan spouting out bullshit again.

Fact check: I don't do illegal drugs, I drink extremely moderately, I have a full time highly paid internship at 21, and going to graduate next year.

By all means I am doing extremely well for my age. I have done everything that I was told to do, but the one thing I wasn't told is that I still won't be happy.