I don't give a shit about religion.

arnold layne

1% of population of UK go to church.

It's around 20% in the US.

I believe its actually like 60% in the US.

Gallup says 40% report they do, whilst in reality only 15-20% actually do. Where is your number from?

My mistake, I was remembering a poll of belief in God. That's anywhere from like 70-80.

Yeah, that I've heard. It's a good point your raise though, church attendance vs. belief in god. I'm at work now, but would love to discuss the analyzation of these two figures, and how they affect behavior, at a later point.

Edited by OmarBradley

Gallup says 40% report they do, whilst in reality only 15-20% actually do. Where is your number from?

My mistake, I was remembering a poll of belief in God. That's anywhere from like 70-80.

Yeah, that I've heard. It's a good point your raise though, church attendance vs. belief in god. I'm at work now, but would love to discuss the analyzation of these two figures, and how they affect behavior, at a later point.

.I personally would like to believe that if there was a god (don't think there is) that it wouldn't damn me for all eternity for not standing in the correct building every Sunday and not worshipping it.

"Yay, worship me my followers, oh also, pride and vanity are bad."

Edited by AxlisOld
  • Like 1

At least 50 percent voted for fundamentalist Christian Bush? You've gotta believe to do that.

Doesn't come close to explaining how Obama won if people think he's a Muslim and/or antichrist.

Only registered Republicans can vote in primaries.

Only crazy ass conservative (mostly) Christians register Republican.

Primaries become a "who loves Jesus more?" contest.

Man who loves Jesus most is sent to general election decided by moderate voters.

Great strategy.

• Like 1

Man who loves Jesus most is sent to general election decided by moderate voters.

Great strategy.

The things that are wrong with America summed up in one post?

You can do the same with Australia. Just replace Republican with Liberal Party and Bible bashers with white trash racists.

Yeah, it's pretty boring honestly. I try to be respectful to people who believe in God, but it's hard to hold a straight face when they are thanking God for the food on their table before every meal. It's hard for me to resist commenting on it, because I find it to be so utterly stupid. Even if you believe he exists, it's not exactly as if he worked and gave you money to buy food for, nor did he cook it. You had to do it all yourself, it seems pretty pointless thanking someone else for that.

All is gift. Your ability to work, which allowed you to buy the food. Your knowledge and ability to cook the food. These are just two in a long chain of gifts given to you that resulted in food on your table.

:rofl-lol:
Yeeeeeah ............ aaaaand then there's AIDS .......... Edited by Dazey

Yeah, it's pretty boring honestly. I try to be respectful to people who believe in God, but it's hard to hold a straight face when they are thanking God for the food on their table before every meal. It's hard for me to resist commenting on it, because I find it to be so utterly stupid. Even if you believe he exists, it's not exactly as if he worked and gave you money to buy food for, nor did he cook it. You had to do it all yourself, it seems pretty pointless thanking someone else for that.

All is gift. Your ability to work, which allowed you to buy the food. Your knowledge and ability to cook the food. These are just two in a long chain of gifts given to you that resulted in food on your table.

:rofl-lol:
Yeeeeeah ............ aaaaand then there's AIDS ..........

To which the God fearing might reply that eternity is an immense complex and intricate tapestry that the Lord has woven and EVERYTHING has it's purposes. And i mean purposes, you can't answer in one sentence the purpose of anything or anybody because it's not as simple as that, every illness, every affliction ever created is part of the overall thing, and an infinite number of functions is served by each entity in the universe. Lessons are learnt, both by individuals and en masse, the evolution of the human race is affected by these things, they everything plays its part in forging the broader path that the universe is on.

Like take you for example, Chris McLeod. Whats your purpose? On the face of it you're a son, a brother, a chemical engineer, a husband, nearly a Dad...but probably tons more too. Maybe you told someone something that made a special kinda sense to em that led em on a path that ended in some kinda personal success for them, maybe you picked up a banana peel that little Janie otherwise would've tripped on and broken her neck, maybe you were two minutes late for something some day that averted a 10 car pile up somewhere.

And it's the same issue, each thing serves a million different functions and all of it is, to a greater or lesser degree, an essential component to the impending ends...which no one knows but the good Lord.

Great strategy.

That cray how you let this happen?

The voting is rigged in the UK in a different way.

Great strategy.

That cray how you let this happen?

The voting is rigged in the UK in a different way.

You mean how civil servants create havoc for the odd ballot box and bump people off who either threaten power by exposing illegitimacy/know too much.

Well...

Even the powers that be need to break the law BUT - THEY DON'T WANT to get their hands dirty. They just don't okay.

They do everything, from working at our schools to courier service for the powers that be. The civil service is a wide umbrella and even includes MI5.

It happens!

Do you actually want to know why?

Why this happens...

Well I'll tell you anyway.

Trade.

That's it, trade, business deals and, money! THAT'S ALL these fuckers care about, well that and power and public opinion of them for their MONEY! :lol:

:lol:!

Edited by Snake-Pit