Dead Daisies Debut Album (Fortus side project) - Song Featuring Slash

Randy Jesus

Jon Stevens is the lead singer from an old Australian band called Noiseworks.

I got to see these guys live in May with Aerosmith - they are fucking unreal. And Fortus is just so good with them, he really fits well. Would love to see him with TDD more so than if Guns are going nowhere.

• 3 months later...

The whole album comes free with this month's Classic Rock Magazine (ACDC on the cover). Seems decent. Only listened to it once but it is my type of stuff, rootsy rock n' roll. They are also touring the UK with Thin Lizzy. I might be tempted to go if the album grows a bit more on me.

It is weird, Slash guesting. I do not find it so weird with Fortus but Dizzy also who has spent his whole career up Axl's bum! Slash may have bumped into one or both of them.

Quick reminder guys about "Lock N' Load", Slash did all the guitar tracks. Fortus plays only the song live but he didn't record it with Slash in the studio. ;)

Amazing!

Richard Fortus has actually made a career of covering Slash live. He's done it for 3 bands, Guns N' Roses, Rihanna and The Dead Daisies.

That's got to be some kind of world record! :shades:

• Like 1

Quick reminder guys about "Lock N' Load", Slash did all the guitar tracks. Fortus plays only the song live but he didn't record it with Slash in the studio. ;)

Amazing!

Richard Fortus has actually made a career of covering Slash live. He's done it for 3 bands, Guns N' Roses, Rihanna and The Dead Daisies.

That's got to be some kind of world record! :shades:

God that is insane :lol:

Fortus is awesome though, he has such a great style. I saw the Daisies live and it was cool to see him shine as a lead player, I don't know how well the record portrays that, as it doesn't seem as guitar oriented as they were live. I'll have to listen to it again.

I hope he does more projects where you can hear his original playing in the future

• 1 month later...

Bought their album today... it's growing on me, solid stuff. Have also bought tickets for their show on the 23rd and been enjoying the whole trip of reading up on media reports and finding out all about their history. They have plans to record a second album soon with their stellar updated lineup (featuring Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed, of course...), fresh from playing together on tour.

They have a very well-put-together website featuring links to several recent print, radio and tv interviews on the Australian tour they've just embarked on - http://thedeaddaisies.com/news/

ATTENTION MODS, would it be possible to add their twitter stuff on the twitter column here? - https://twitter.com/TheDeadDaisies

Writing and recording sessions in Sydney -

"First day in the recording studio – Sydney

We hit the recording studio in Sydney yesterday at the iconic Music Feeds studio, which has seen over 25 years of Australian music history revolve through its doors.

Some cool artists have recorded here including Midnight Oil, You Am I, Grinspoon, Ian Moss, The Jezabels, and many, many more.

We’re also working with the amazing Matt Lovell, Australian record producer and engineer for so many amazing bands including Midnight Oil, Eskimo Joe, Grinspoon, Silverchair,The Whitlams, INXS, Spiderbait, The Presets, One Dollar Short, The Sleepy Jackson, and Cold Chisel!

Matt has also received three ARIA Music Awards for ‘Engineer of the Year’, in 2005 for his work on The Mess Hall’s’ Notes from a Ceiling, in 2006 for Black Fingernails, Red Wine by Eskimo Joe, and in 2008 for his work on Shihad’s Beautiful Machine."

A94A2432-1024x812.jpg

A94A1386-1024x760.jpg

The Dead Daisies legendary hunky Aussie singer Jon Stevens offers some insights into the band. Can't wait to see 'em on Sunday with a couple of mates at the Oxford Art Factory. Tickets still available. There should be heaps of wet pussy there, too. Am hoping to take some pictures with my Lumix LX5. Might even try to record the show with my iriver recorder.

Sun-Herald-TDD-724x1024.jpeg

Edited by machinegunner