Mayer Hawthorne

RussTCB

I checked them out, but the new album is more my thing. Back Seat Lover and Wine Glass Woman are great, too.

OH SHIT he's doing a gig in London on 7th October!

Thank you, Spotify + Songkick!

And it's right outside my office, straight after work!

Glad to hear more people are checking him out!!

Picture from the stage last night...we're just to the left of Mayer:

1239883_10150316954009986_1148150140_n.j

That's AWESOME! Glad the show was so good. I cannot wait for him to get back to his home base so I can catch a show!!

• 3 weeks later...

I checked them out, but the new album is more my thing. Back Seat Lover and Wine Glass Woman are great, too.

OH SHIT he's doing a gig in London on 7th October!

Thank you, Spotify + Songkick!

And it's right outside my office, straight after work!

You need to check him out live! ;)

Was out of town for work this week but I set the DVR to catch Mayer on Arsenio. He did Her Favorite Song and then chatted for a bit. Solid performance of the tune.

Didn't know what channel it was on, so I missed it.

Forgot to post earlier, this is us with Mayer after the gig. He remembered us from when we met him before the gig last year :)

1236143_724752624207438_1483460279_n.jpg

And this is the setlist we got him to sign:

3vsJG0hl.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am ALL over this. The moment tickets go on sale, I'll be buying them!

No need to be in a hurry, neither show I've been to so far has sold out. The gig I caught this year wasn't even half full :lol:

They go on sale this Friday. It being Detroit and him being from the area, it might sell better than elsewhere. I'm gonna buy a pair this Friday just to be safe.

• Like 1

Didn't get mine yet. Gotta get through my trip to Minneapolis in a few weeks before I get 'em....

Like you said, there's probably no real danger of it selling out anyway. I'm just being overly cautious. I'm always that way when it comes to tickets.

Didn't get mine yet. Gotta get through my trip to Minneapolis in a few weeks before I get 'em....

Like you said, there's probably no real danger of it selling out anyway. I'm just being overly cautious. I'm always that way when it comes to tickets.

I mean, I'm gonna wait until February or anything :lol: Webster Hall is a decent size (For him, at least), and I've never heard of the Brooklyn venue.

If I meet him again after the NY show I wonder if I can talk him into checking out my favorite pizza joint in Brooklyn with me the next day. He is a food nut, after all :book::lol:

I mean, I'm gonna wait until February or anything :lol: Webster Hall is a decent size (For him, at least), and I've never heard of the Brooklyn venue.

If I meet him again after the NY show I wonder if I can talk him into checking out my favorite pizza joint in Brooklyn with me the next day. He is a food nut, after all :book::lol:

That would be awesome. I got some friends to buy tickets yesterday as well. They only know the WDTDG material, so I'm gonna slide ASA and HDYD their way so they get to hear more of his material before the show.

That would be awesome. I got some friends to buy tickets yesterday as well. They only know the WDTDG material, so I'm gonna slide ASA and HDYD their way so they get to hear more of his material before the show.

Cool! I'm guessing the setlist for the US will still rely heavily on WDTDG since it's still in support of it. Hope he puts a few older songs back in though - seems he has been in Europe.

Has he never done Robot Love live? That's my favourite song of his.

He (supposedly) did it on the pre-album tour - headlining in Europe and opening for One Direction in the US. Can't find any videos of it though. The only songs I know he hasn't done live (Including all his B-sides/bonus tracks) are:

Prelude (If you even want to count that as a song)

Let Me Know

Can't Stop (The band played a short instrumental version as the intro on the HDYD tour though)

The News

You're Not Ready

The Only One

All Better

They Don't Know You (iTunes exclusive bonus track for WDTDG)

Fool

Kaila

Small Clone (These three are on the bonus disc for WDTDG)

Don't Turn The Lights On

You've Got The Makings Of A Lover

Fantasy Girl

Little Person (These 4 are on the Impressions EP)

Everything else he's ever released has been (to my knowledge) played live.

Was it One Direction or OneRepublic he opened for? Just curious as One Direction would be kind of a surprise.

I would LOVE if he added All Better to the sets for the US run.

OneRepublic, my bad :lol:

I was actually really surprised he didn't do All Better on this leg of the tour. I thought it'd be a no-brainer to do live. This tour is the first time he's done Get To Know You, and that one is fantastic live. I think he's just one of those artists that can do any of his material live and have it sound great.

Video for Reach Out Richard was released today. My mom and I are in it! :shades: We're only in rapid-edit shots so it's tough to make out if you're not freezing as you go, but I found shots with us at :57, :58, 1:01, 2:35, 2:36, 2:38, 3:14, 3:16, 3:19, and 3:36 (multiple shots). Other than that, I think it's a really cool video!

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/12/10/mayer-hawthorne-pharrell-reach-out-richard-video/

And here's some screens of us in the video (We're above his right shoulder in the first one and you can spot us in the rest ;) )

xMjbrjkl.png

CuxRFlRl.png

TF0imGTl.png

k6wPnqHl.png

• Like 2