Eminem - new album, "MMLP2", out Nov 5th

Estranged Reality

Favorite Song?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just hate his production style. I heard a 50 second clip of Berzerk and it sounds like shit apart from the part in the commercial.

This is disappointing considering how good the commercial made it sound. I like that he's brought back the Shady rapping style, but the song is shit.

It's just too all-over-the-place. I enjoy the fact that he's going retro and doing a Beasties type thing but I do question whether reverting to his younger shock rap era image (blonde hair, etc.) was a wise choice. Unless it's just being done specifically for that music video, it could easily backfire on his fans. I think his change in physical appearance was a big part of the appeal of his whole Recovery era 'sobering up' comeback and if he just reverts to his old style and image it's gonna lose people and seem forced.

Say what you will, but that chorus is absolutely bananas. I really enjoy the song, I just hope the entire album as a whole isn't like it. It's a good beastie boy esque party jumper. I just hope for some hard dr. Dre beats and slim shady rapping sans the weird accent (I truly believe the reception to relapse would be far different if he didnt use the accents, the lyrics on that album were devastating).

I think the hair and the album title is just a (genius) marketing ploy. If his hair were the same and it were called Redemption or something, people would care because its Eminem but not much else. But dying his hair and calling it MMLP2 will have the similar effect that Blueprint 3 had, regardless of the content people were thrilled because it was another Blueprint. The blonde hair and it being a sequel creates a buzz that some other album name wouldn't.

He's bleached his hair again and announced a sequel to perhaps his most infamous and acclaimed record, but one vital ingredient is still missing. A drug addiction. Seriously.

Also, get Rick Rubin the fuck out of this process. His 'make it louder' policy can go to fuck. Keep the essence of the original MM record and just let Dre do his thing devoid of Dick Noobin.

He's bleached his hair again and announced a sequel to perhaps his most infamous and acclaimed record, but one vital ingredient is still missing. A drug addiction. Seriously.

Also, get Rick Rubin the fuck out of this process. His 'make it louder' policy can go to fuck. Keep the essence of the original MM record and just let Dre do his thing devoid of Dick Noobin.

Rubin is annoying, but Recovery was also pretty loud.

It's pretty impossible to try to mentally remove the sample from the song and give an opinion on it. It's not the best song ever but I enjoy it as a single and I'm hoping the album has the great lyricism that Eminem usually delivers.

Spot on. I was having a talk about the new album with Jakey Styley and he hit the nail on the head. Even without the drug addiction, he's just too old now. He can't start beefs with new hot rappers like Kendrick because it'd look silly, and he won't sell out by rapping about cars, bitches and money, so all he has is "inspirational rap" and "THIS PARTY IS WACK".