Eminem - new album, "MMLP2", out Nov 5th

Estranged Reality

Favorite Song?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

Eminem and Rihanna doing a three-city tour

Why doesn't this dude do a real actual tour?

He seems to be very uncomfortable with the concept of touring. Although there was nothing wrong with the show I saw, he just seemed out of his comfort zone.

I'd imagine that he always relied on drugs when it came to getting onstage - hence the difficulty nowadays.

In a sense I see it as kind of selfish. I think the dude is great, but he's got a millions of fans around who would love to see him and he's doing a three-city tour (they didn't say how many dates exactly, just three cities)? Kind of annoying, to say the least. But that's just me.

That said, depending on what the NY date is I may try to get tickets if they aren't crazy expensive. But, chances are they will be and they won't be General Admission so there's probably a 99% chance I won't be going.

I honestly don't understand the appeal of seeing a rapper play a stadium or arena show. I'd never go see Eminem, actually he's playing a festival that's not toooo far away, but everything I like about his songs gets lost when he's shouting at 50,000 people.

Why's that? I just saw Kanye for the second time and both shows were great and some of the funnest times I've had at a concert.

Granted, Kanye raps everything and doesn't sync anything at all which I've seen Eminem guilty of plenty.

I honestly don't understand the appeal of seeing a rapper play a stadium or arena show. I'd never go see Eminem, actually he's playing a festival that's not toooo far away, but everything I like about his songs gets lost when he's shouting at 50,000 people.

Why's that? I just saw Kanye for the second time and both shows were great and some of the funnest times I've had at a concert.

Granted, Kanye raps everything and doesn't sync anything at all which I've seen Eminem guilty of plenty.

I guess it's an atmosphere thing. Other than the fact that, from what I've seen anyway, his arena concerts usually sound like shit (the album track playing in the background while 1 or 2 guys shout over it), there's not really any intimacy or anything like that with the audience. I'd love to see Eminem in a club or a little theatre. I don't even know what he plays nowadays though.

What I like about his songs are the subtleties, the wittiness and the delivery, and all that gets lost in bigger shows IMO.

Edited by RickRoses

It's pretty well known that Em hates touring which sucks because he could sell out arenas in almost any country in the world. saw him at Slane in the summer and it was amazing eventhough he lip syncs a lot of it the atmopshere was electric. Not a fan of the new album at all it just had no sticking power after about 10 listens i was already tired of it.. im happy he is still active and seems to be in a good place but theres that side of me that wants him to go back on the drugs and be the early 00's Em again full of fire.