Why is My World so hated?

Vincent Vega

My World is far from being an epic...But people act like it's the worst song of all time. I actually think it's a lot funner than a lot of the industrial stuff of the era. The song has an atmsophere drenched in fucked upness and sleaze, created by the instrumental parts and the backing vocals. The song itself just feels like a musical mindfuck.

Like, you could picture degenerate dangerous pimps straight out of a Tarantino film listening to songs like My World. I bet if Drexel from True Romance was real he would've loved My World. It's a fun, crazy track that I wish the rest of the band had contributed to.

So...what makes it a bad song? Not a bad GNR song, but a bad song IN GENERAL?

When the UYI albums came out it was good times, GN'R were big and the fans had been waiting. Both albums took the no.1 and no.2 slots in the charts. Sure there was some filler, but on the whole, there were bags of epics moments, and Slash provided some of his greatest solo's. Then, then right at the end, MY WORLD. It didn't fit with all that had gone before, it was an assault on the ears. For some reason it didn't sound like a GN'R track, it sounded like an Axl solo moment. It sounded like an experiment best saved for a future B side. It was a bit of fun (maybe) that just let the album down.

Miser, you've been delayed in the real world. I mean honestly, how many times have you hit and missed? All of your cat-scans show disfiguration, it makes me want to laugh my self to death. You have a misfired synapse and a bent configuration. I'll hold the line, while you grasp for breath.

You wanna talk to me? Well, you can't talk to me.

You don't understand your sex... you haven't been mindfucked yet!

Guess what I'm doing now... :jerkoff: