Better feat. DJ Ashba Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

this is horrible.

Your mother is horrible.

not a fair comparison. my mother doesn't melodramatically plod through cool stuff.

Touche lol

i really like ron's version. for the most part very understated/delicate save for the solo. DJ's taking a more "velvet candelabra" or maybe "runny mascara" approach. a little out of context IMO.

this is horrible.

Your mother is horrible.

not a fair comparison. my mother doesn't melodramatically plod through cool stuff.

Touche lol

i really like ron's version. for the most part very understated/delicate save for the solo. DJ's taking a more "velvet candelabra" or maybe "runny mascara" approach. a little out of context IMO.

This is exactly why I don't like DJ's version. Better isn't a dark song by nature, so I don't get why he had to make it one.

Worst track out of the new leaks. I think its my least favorite track from GnR ever. Talk about stripping everything good from a song and creating a bunch of dumb shit that doesnt work. This almost makes me want a reunion. Definitely makes me miss Robin.

Edited by tr420

This is an easy opportunity to bash DJ, but I'll say objective here and say that it's an interesting take on the song. The overall concept is interesting, but a lot of the execution sounds surprisingly amateur-ish. For instance, the drum sounds and overall compression levels are awful, but I'll give him credit for the vision as a whole.

Disclaimer: this may be "high me" speaking.

Listened to it again and it really does suck... One thing that struck me was when the change comes half way through the song (that great metal riff when Axl sings "I never wanted you to be so full of anger") - it sounds so powerful on the original and really transforms the song to another level. By contrast, on DJ's version it sounds so limp and watered down.

He really is useless at pretty much everything, isn't he?

Edited by Towelie

I kinda like it. Ashba does a decent job and this would be an amazing song, if the album version wouldn't exist. Original Better is so powerful and it's new Guns' best song (also one of the best songs of GnR in general). Hard to top that. But as a remix, it's pretty dope.

I actually like the soundscapes of this version. Heavy mixed with gentle, slow and beautiful parts. Again, kinda waters down this song, but in the future, I wouldn't mind hearing new tunes made/produced like this one.