Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

It's a cool song. Maybe a good barometer, in terms of its public appeal, is the new AIC single Voices. Though, I think Voices is a better song.

I love Voices, one of my favorites from their new album, but I haven't heard the radio edit yet. I think a finished version of Going Down might be able to rival that, if they can get the right atmosphere in the production.

aw man going down is better than most of chinese.

i'll take a song like this over axl's divorcee ballads like madagascar. boo-hoo i feel like an island because some bitch dumped me 20 years ago. going down would be cooler if it was about eating pussy though.

not gonna argue but there WAS and WILL be

you obviously haven't followed GNR since the BEGINNING

Yes, actually I have and I was about 12 when they first made it...I'm guessing you may have not been born yet. If you want to call LA Guns or Hollywood Rose, Guns N' Roses, you're wrong...as well as considering the brief collaboration of the two bands (under the name Guns N' Roses) for maybe 2 or 3 shows and a month or two, as Guns N' Roses, you're wrong, again. That wasn't Guns N' Roses.

makes us about the same age actually,only your ignorant

again...........most of AFD was written b4 yadda , yadda , yadda

I like Going Down !

aw man going down is better than most of chinese.

i'll take a song like this over axl's divorcee ballads like madagascar. boo-hoo i feel like an island because some bitch dumped me 20 years ago. going down would be cooler if it was about eating pussy though.

:lol:

that made me chuckle

Once upon a time, Guns N Roses existed to a handful of people before Slash, Duff and Steven. No one gave a fuck then and still no one gives a fuck.

The end.

Well thats not a very happy ending now , is it ?

I know not too many gave/gives a F*#k , but my point is still valid

And they all lived happily ever after

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all have played together before the name Guns N Roses even existed, not at the same time, but Axl sang with Slash and Steven, Slash and Izzy played together, ect. In that period players were changing band all the time. We can say it was circumstances that Slash and Steven joined GNR, it really could have been Axl and Izzy joining Slash.. doesn't matter one bit.

AFD, Lies, UYI 1, UYI 2, all these albums contains Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff. This is GNR, the real band that created those great album. Nobody give a fuck about Ole or tracci or whatever their name is.

What was the name of the band that Axl, Traci and Izzy started then?

The name is Guns N' Roses. Why are you asking this?

Because from your post it seemed you wouldn't acknowledge that Guns N' Roses existed before the AFD lineup.

I that case you didn't quite understand what I meant. The band that made an impact is... well I don't even have to tell you what band I'm talking about, come on.

The band that preceded, the one with Ole and Tracii and the other, I don't even know his name... doesn't matter one second.

If Chinese Democracy was full of tracks like Going Down then it would have probably been more commercially successful, more radio play etc. Going Down definitely seems like it would be "what the label wanted to hear" when they were dealing with the Chinese Democracy Saga. I think if more of the songs were like this rather than like IRS, ChiDem etc then GNR would have been looking at a resurgence of epic proportions. The label would have had an album they could actively market as a mainstream rock album, and I am actually ok with GNR going that way as long as it sounds like GNR. I love the CD album but with songs like this in the vaults it really makes you think "what were you guys thinking putting songs like Scraped and Riad on an album when you had this".

Whether it happens or not is another thing, though I for one am excited by what kind of album we would get should another one rear its head. For no reason other than my own thoughts, I tend to think that Richard is being more truthful when he says something is likely to drop in 2014 than when Pitman says in an interview that "we arent interested in another album" because he is the only person who has said "not interested".

there was GNR before Slash , Duff , and Steven

Yea?

Not in the eyes of the real world.

No no, you're wrong, there were others guys in the band for.. like, 4 or 5 months, and the band was just as good, if not better, than the band who made AFD.

(sarcasm)

my god

no one mentions Traci ......................fools

where the fuck do you think the name Guns N Roses came from?

it's not called Snakes N Roses or Rose's Snakepit

how many songs on Appetite were mostly written BEFORE slash/duff/steven ?

the "real world" is not aware of most of that and obviously neither are you

If only you people could have been there for the 3 rehearsals and 1 birthday party Rob Gardner and Olé played at. Sheer magic.

morons

So i was naughty and sent the links into our local rock radio station here. To my suprise they played all 3 in a row..... the feedback has been great for all 3.

To my suprise the one with the best feedback out of the lot was Better from DJ Ashba

I don't believe you

Cool story bro, believe whatever you want

It does sound more like a Tommy song to be fair. I also get a definite "Dead Flowers" vibe as well, when Axl did the same for Gilby. I seem to get emotional when I listen to this song, does anyone else get the feeling or vibe of a "goodbye" message, or a "this is coming to and end" feel to the song. Very sad...

Axls vocals are my least favorite part of the song. I wish he put the same effort into This that he put into Angel Down

Edited by jimb0