Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

My local radio station played this and did "Crank it or Cram It". Most said cram it. You know, typical "It's not GNR without Slash" bullshit.

What version did they play? The original mix with the guitar on one side and everything else in the other?
I assume so. They were playing snippets of the chorus throughout the hour, that's when I heard it, but I assume they played it entirely at least once.

Some of the people who voted on their FB page admitted they didn't actually listen to it, but still said it sucked because it's new GNR.

Got a link to their fb page?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=600388243347262&set=a.150803954972362.41093.103600736359351&type=1&theater

Guest cbgnr666

At this point the whole commenting by Dj's that its not gnr without Slash is cringeworthy, and people voting they hate a song that they've never heard is pretty fucked up and strange.

• Like 1

At this point the whole commenting by Dj's that its not gnr without Slash is cringeworthy, and people voting they hate a song that they've never heard is pretty fucked up and strange.

Luckily we live in a free society where people are allowed to like/dislike things for whatever reason they want!

Why should anybody care if some random guy from New York doesn't care to put forth the energy to listen to a song?

People on this forum are funny.

They'll bash Justin Bieber or Nickleback and make comments like "I'd rather have my ear cut off than listen to a Justin Bieber album"............but then get mad when somebody doesn't want to give anything Axl related a chance. Because it's justin bieber or nickleback or selena gomez or new direction or whomever, they will assume that it sucks. So it's OK for them to do it............but not for other people? That is strange.

They'll bash Justin Bieber or Nickleback and make comments like "I'd rather have my ear cut off than listen to a Justin Bieber album"............but then get mad when somebody doesn't want to give anything Axl related a chance. Because it's justin bieber or nickleback or selena gomez or new direction or whomever, they will assume that it sucks. So it's OK for them to do it............but not for other people? That is strange.

Who are you talking about?

I doubt you´ll get an answer...

• Like 1

I doubt you´ll get an answer...

Groghanism
  • Like 1

Hey at least YOUR rock station talked about it and played it.

Here in San Antonio, we probably have a computer program choose songs, or management in another far away town.

Even when CD just came out, my station would play the single CHINESE DEMOCRACY. Even heard callers requesting it.

Now, the station is just plain vanilla. Save money - cut the DJs and less talk, same music, more commercials.

Anybody read this post on that FB link:

John Ulmer some people here must be pretty ignorant of what a talented musician tommy stinson is to just dismiss the song right off the bat without even listening to it. plus, it's rumoured that izzy helped write it. i think it's quite good.

First I've read that Izzy may have co-written the song. Axl did mention that he and Izzy wrote a song together the past couple of years. Could this be it?

It definitely has an Izzy vibe to it. Of course, it also sounds like a Stinson solo song.

If they could only tell us...

Edited by SALonghorn

Luckily we live in a free society where people are allowed to like/dislike things for whatever reason they want!

Why should anybody care if some random guy from New York doesn't care to put forth the energy to listen to a song?

You seem to know a lot about Beiber and Gomez there champ....

Stay on topic little fella...this is about appreciating Going Down, the first new track since the release of CD.

• Like 1

They played it on the local radio morning show this morning and most people gave it a good review. They were also talking about how it was a relief from from the CD stuff and how this is a good direction for GnR to go in.

• Like 1

It's a cheesy rock song. Not a fan. The reason why I was such a big Nu GNR fan was because of the complexity of the music. It was so grand and huge and structured weirdly with Axl's straining vocals adding the touch of a human in it. It was more progressive rock than hard rock. Going Down is just boring, Puddle of Mudd could have done it.

Lots of people hated CD for years before it even started to leak. Sometimes, it isn't about the content.

Dancing in the hallways?

:awesomeface:

Are there any kind of legal issues that could come up from radio stations playing things that were leaked/stolen/whatever?

Technically, yes, but the most they'd probably be served with would be a cease and desist. It's what happened in 2006 when those three tracks leaked and were being played on the radio.

You seem to know a lot about Beiber and Gomez there champ....

Stay on topic little fella...this is about appreciating Going Down, the first new track since the release of CD.

Sigh. I see you didn't learn anything from your suspension.

I have to admit it was nice while you were gone. So many great discussion on here, even between people with opposing views. And they all stayed on topic and point, with very little negativity and fighting and personal attacks. It was amazing how eliminating you from the picture reduced the amount of fighting on here by a solid 58%

If you want a response to your posts directed at me, I respectfully ask you to refrain from juvenile attacks and comments (champ, little fella), from statements that are meant as insults, and you have to try and stick to the actual topic. Otherwise, please save your trolling and negativity for other posters. Thanks.