What is your favorite GN'R album?

Vincent Vega

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

appetite

lies is a distant, distant second. nothing comes close to appetite. sometimes it gets overhyped, but man -- giving it a spin some 25 years later, and it still pops. i can't get into chinese. it's one of those records i forced myself to like at first. there's maybe one, two good songs on it. but the production, and too-many-cooks vexes energy.

• Like 1

ChiDem ahead of Appetite and way ahead of the rest? Is this real life?

The vast majority of people who were fan in the early days don't come to this forum and don't follow the band anymore, I think that could explain it.

So most here are newew fans?

God I feel old. :(

New fans or fans that still support Axl's vision... If it was a real poll, not a poll on a forum, I seriously doubt that CD would lead the poll as the best gnr album..

We're not asked to choose the best album, but the one that we like best.

The vast majority of people who were fan in the early days don't come to this forum and don't follow the band anymore, I think that could explain it.

New fans or fans that still support Axl's vision... If it was a real poll, not a poll on a forum, I seriously doubt that CD would lead the poll as the best gnr album..

I voted UYI 1 because it's my favorite, and to me it's the best, that's why I chose it. Isn't the same thing? If you think not I'll rephrase my first sentence:

If it was a real poll, not a poll on a forum, I seriously doubt that people's favorite album would be CD.

If I really had to, I'd say

1. Appetite

2. Illusion II

3. Illusion I

4. Chinese Democracy

5. Lies

6. Spaghetti

But it's hard to really rank them, they all have their moments and personal connections to my life; I don't dislike a single one of them.

Use Your Illusion one. Also can someone explain to me why CD is in first place?

People are probably voting a bit for the underdog. Appetite is such an obvious choice; it makes sense people on a fan forum would defend ChiDem. As much as people enjoy talking shit on the record and Axl's behaviour I think a lot of those same people would be quick to defend it.

It's Use Your Illusion. I see it as one album, but because Estranged is on # 2 that was my choice, plus there are also enough other great songs on it to justify. UYI 1 and Appetite right up there as well, both AFD and UYI would make my top 5 "deserted island" list.

I do really like ChiDem as well though.

I voted UYI 1 because it's my favorite, and to me it's the best, that's why I chose it. Isn't the same thing? If you think not I'll rephrase my first sentence:

If it was a real poll, not a poll on a forum, I seriously doubt that people's favorite album would be CD.

Now you're talking! :D Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really think that the best album and one's favourite one are the same thing.