Besides Axl, who do you think is the best song writer in the current lineup?

liers

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of all the people whose ever been a member of GNR, I like Bumblefoot's solo stuff the most. So I voted for him.

I quite like Richard Fortus' solos live, but other than that haven't really heard much of music that he's written. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the best songwriter out of them all.

DJ Ashba has a lot of potential. I love what he did with Mötley Crue. Not a big fan of Sixx: A.M. though. I prefer his playing in rockier tunes. He sounds way too emo when he plays ballads. Don't like Ballad Of Death at all. It sounds cheesy and I just can't relate to it at all.

Tommy Stinson is a decent songwriter. Not a big fan of his solo stuff. I mean it's not bad but... it's just too generic. Going Down is not much better.

I honestly like Frank Ferrers drumming the most out of all GNR drummers. No idea how good he is as a songwriter though.

Dizzy's been one of the songwriters in many great GNR songs. He's been a songwriter in more than a couple bad one's as well, so... I don't know. He plays a mean keyboard.

My three least favorite new GNR songs are If The World, Silkworms and Madagascar. Pittman's been a songwriter in all of them, so I'd say he's my least favorite songwriter out of the bunch.

I agree with Frank's drumming. Live too he's got the best live drum feel for the band of any drummer that's been in GnR. Fortus I think has a better feel and groove than Ron (haven't heard enough of his solo stuff) and Fortus definitely has the right attitude for the songs and seems like a huge part of holding the flow together live, probably why he fits in rhythm so well. Technically though I don't think anyone can argue any of the other GnR guitarists can touch Ron technically, except maybe the dude who used to wear the cardboard helmet, but even then if you listened to them Ron runs circles around him too, and he's normal. Dizzy and Pittman might be awesome songwriters but in a guitar based band they don't get to come through especially since Axl will likely pen the next keyboard based smash - though would be interesting to see a Dizzy song done up by the rest of the band, I think it would rock.

Edited by kbirdie76

I vote Tommy as best songwriter in GnR. One Man Mutiny was a masterpiece

I voted for Tommy too - really great stuff on both VGH and OMM.

I always like to see the video they did of the recording of the song, as that hotel is in my hometown.

I have stuff from Bumble and Sixx AM as well, but Tommy has a Dylan-esque sound that I like.

Wonder whoe are the people that voted for Frank. Unless I'm mistaken he has not writen music, so people are again fucking things up for others. That and thes ame old insults that are still tolerated.

It's like asking, "Which smells worse? Dog shit or horse shit?"

Doesn't matter, it's all shit.

A little extreme, but I see what you're saying. Tommy's solo stuff is nice. I own a couple records. But it doesn't leave an indelible footprint in my mind or anything. I find Bumble's solo stuff completely boring.

I wish they'd try to write something massive and hard together. showcasing the togetherness and tightness of the nu-NuGNR.

on

Yeah, and I wonder why they haven't. Why don't they have dual vocals and members of the current lineup can form a side project and put out a nice little record so we can see the band's flow beyond covers of previous lineups. I'd be interested in that. I wonder if it's because Axl wouldn't allow it.