Does Going Down has potential to be a hit?

ManetsBR

I think it does. It's the good generic rock song that NuGNR needed. Pretty much like Foo Fighter's Learn To Fly, Walk... Actually, pretty much like any rock song that becomes a hit nowadays.

Edit:

Based on this reviews: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201656-going-down-articles-and-reviews-on-the-media/

I think it's safe to assume that, YES, Going Down does has potential to be a hit.

Edited by ManetsBR

Not in a million years. Nobody gives a fuck about a Tommy Stinson song in the real world.

¬¬'

Who cares about whose song is it? Do you think any regular radio listener, casual rock fan is gonna listen to the song and think "Yeah, that's a cool song, but it's a Tommy Stinson song man..." Really? What I can really picture is something a casual rock listener turning up the volume, even if just for curiosity, as soon as the DJ announce they're gonna play the new Guns N' Roses song.

There are people hate Guns N' Roses so much nowadays that they'll want to listen just to criticise. And then they'll realise it's actually a good song.

This song has a big hit potential.

It's a good song. Not really a #1 smash or anything. It wouldn't sound out of place on rock radio... Thing is, you can't release a Guns n' Roses single that doesn't have Axl singing. Maybe if nuGuns had released 3 or 4 albums, it could be like a change of pace - hey, here's Tommy - but right now they would need to release Axl songs to change pace from.

Look at us, talking about Guns actually releasing stuff... Bwahahahaha.

Yeah but it would need a video and a singer willing to give interviews and promote it.

Tommy was the singer and I'm sure he'd be happy to do that. I think it's a fucking great song and it grows on me more and more with each listen. Easily on par with the best on CD and better than 90% of it. Love it!

It's a good song. Not really a #1 smash or anything. It wouldn't sound out of place on rock radio... Thing is, you can't release a Guns n' Roses single that doesn't have Axl singing. Maybe if nuGuns had released 3 or 4 albums, it could be like a change of pace - hey, here's Tommy - but right now they would need to release Axl songs to change pace from.

Look at us, talking about Guns actually releasing stuff... Bwahahahaha.

This. I like the song, but it would be a PR nightmare to release something after 5 years without Axl on lead vocals.

Not in a million years. Nobody gives a fuck about a Tommy Stinson song in the real world.

¬¬'

Who cares about whose song is it? Do you think any regular radio listener, casual rock fan is gonna listen to the song and think "Yeah, that's a cool song, but it's a Tommy Stinson song man..." Really? What I can really picture is something a casual rock listener turning up the volume, even if just for curiosity, as soon as the DJ announce they're gonna play the new Guns N' Roses song.

There are people hate Guns N' Roses so much nowadays that they'll want to listen just to criticise. And then they'll realise it's actually a good song.

This song has a big hit potential.

A Tommy Stinson sung song gets no airplay whatsoever. And you are completely delusional if you believe otherwise.

I have to say it obviously has a replacements sound.... it also has that old school Izzy-feel and funny enough is civil-warish... This track does feel like a genuine GNR song so haters can suck on the ugly stick that just fell out of their ass

If this were a normal-functioning band with a normal-functioning frontman and a normal-functioning management team, with a music video and proper radio play, yes. BUT - Only if it were a secondary single after an Axl-lead lead single for a next album.

If axl releases a hit song with himself on lead vocals to go along with it then it will be fine. If not then it will be like a couple guys said above..a nightmare in the media. The song has a 90's feel to it. Almost feels like its already been done before, but still has a good sound and could receive a lot of attention being released under the Guns n Roses name.

U guys are crazy to think the record company would even consider this a Guns N' Roses single without Axl on lead vocals. Not even in GNRs heydey. So the fact that theres no original members on this and Axls just singin backgrounds automatically makes this filler. Get Axl to do the lead vocal and we have ourselves another conversation.