Does Going Down has potential to be a hit?

ManetsBR

People on here are so starved for new music that they've convinced themselves that Goin' Down is a great song as opposed to the generic rock song that it is in reality.

You know the funny thing is if Slash had released this the same people who are thinking it would be a hit because it is a NuGuns song would be slagging it as generic rock crap........ :lol:

People on here are so starved for new music that they've convinced themselves that Goin' Down is a great song as opposed to the generic rock song that it is in reality.

You know the funny thing is if Slash had released this the same people who are thinking it would be a hit because it is a NuGuns song would be slagging it as generic rock crap........ :lol:

It would at least have a decent guitar solo if Slash released it. Bumblefoot is a fucking awful soloist. I don't know why Axl keeps him around.

It is generic rock. That's why people think it has radio appeal.

You miss my point...they only like it because it is NuGuns song........... If Slash had released the same song they would be saying it sucked....and that it was his usual generic rock crap.....and I actually like it better then most of ChiDem..would love to hear old Axl sing on it.......

Edited by classicrawker

I really like the song, but NO. Cannot be a hit. It doesn't have any hooks that would latch on to popular radio play.

Add some crunchy ballsy guitars and the old Axl on vocals and it would be a much better song but still don't think it would be a hit even in today's shitty music scene.........

• Like 1

It is generic rock. That's why people think it has radio appeal.

Exactly. How can anyone not see it?

Because there are a 1000 other songs out there right now that sound a lot like it.

The only thing that would give this song a chance is to have Axl sing lead.......or to have Axl do a heck of a lot more backing vocals than on the track we've heard.

I'm not denying it's a cool song. Has a Izzy, Petty, Dylan vibe to it.

But the general rock public that feeds the billboard charts are not going to go out of their way to listen to this song.

Doesn't mean it's a bad song. People on here are CONSTANTLY saying that billboard, hits, record sales don't matter. So people shouldn't get so excited about this song being a hit or not being a hit. If those things truly don't matter when connected to Axl - then they shouldn't matter when connected to this song.

Cool song.

But it isn't GnR.

And it isn't ever going to be a hit.

Sorry to disappoint you, but all of the old songs are too generic as well.
Generic is a term put out by pretentious hipster fucks who think their favorite bands are the most original things ever, when in reality there are rarely bands with a completely new, innovative sound. Edited by Caught in a Coma

Crunchy tasty licks = Hits. Mmm. Great song.

Generic is a term put out by pretentious hipster fucks who think their favorite bands are the most original things ever, when in reality there are rarely bands with a completely new, innovative sound.

Yea really. It's a way to perpetuate the same "us vs. them" mentality which they pretend to despise.

If you think that a GNR song led by Tommy Stinson couldn't get airplay, then clearly you have no understanding of the renewed relevance of The Replacements. When The Replacements reunited, it was easily more relevant than anything GNR has done in the past five years and perhaps longer.

Most people in North America have never even heard of The Replacements. And none of their songs ever get played on regular radio.

I never heard of the Replacements till someone on this forum talked about it. They must popular in Europe I guess...

I've never heard of them, they are completely uknown in Europe. Probably they are most popular in arctica, definitely not in europe.

Generic is a term put out by pretentious hipster fucks who think their favorite bands are the most original things ever, when in reality there are rarely bands with a completely new, innovative sound.

Exactly.

It happens all the times over in the music section of this forum. People don't just disagree or have different tastes. The personal attacks start flying the second you like something they don't..........or if you don't love the bands they love.

For some reason, bashing the person and the music they like, somehow makes them feel better about themselves and their musical tastes. It's weird.

Based on this reviews: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201656-going-down-articles-and-reviews-on-the-media/

I think it's safe to assume that, YES, Going Down does has potential to be a hit.

Keep telling yourself that. People were RAVING about Better when i leaked and lo and behold, it was not a 'hit'. Better featured better(pun intended) lyrics, vocals, solo, riff etc AND Axl on lead vocals. You are kidding yourself if you think a Tommy Stintson song with a guest appearance by Axl will be a hit even under the GnR name.

Stop calling it "a Tommy Stinson song", that's ridiculous and totally irrelevant to the media and radios, honestly. It doesn't matter at all.

Better is way better than Going Down, but Going Down is much more radio friendly and catchy. Better has long solos, heavy bridges and high pitched screamed verses that have absolutely no place in radios nowadays, unlike Going Down.

• Like 1