The Anything Goes HALL OF FAME Thread

Ace Nova

I was searching through some archived threads the other day and came to the realization that this forum (in a sense) is like a journal for me. There were threads and posts from 5, 6, even 7+ years ago that I came across that amazed me - some good, some bad...and a lot of memories.

This thread is for some of the best, most memorable threads in Anything Goes history. I would like this thread to remain positive, in the sense that I would ask you to refrain from posting embarrassing threads or threads designated to ridicule other members.(This isn't the 'Hall of Shame' thread ;) )

The one that stuck out the most (for me so far) is the thread from election night 2008. There was so much uncertainty leading up to the election and you could clearly see it from the members' posts. That election was covered globally and we literally had members from all over the world, watching and posting in anticipation....and seeing everyone's reactions as the results would come in, state by state...was really something for the ages!

There was even a point where DirtyDeeds said that he enjoyed the election night more than the World Series....it was definitely a night and a thread to remember....

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/128594-election-day-november-4-2008-congratulations-to/

Edited by Kasanova King

Talking about elections, I enjoyed the one about 2012 elections. I stayed up until about 4.30 am commenting the results...and I dont' even care.

Nice! Find the thread and post it...I'd like to read it. :D

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/194690-election-2012-obama-vs-romney/

There.

Probably it isn't as good as I remember but it was exciting following the American elections minute by minute for first time. The other threads mentioned here are way better than this. And I like especially the football thread too.

Edited by izzygirl

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/194690-election-2012-obama-vs-romney/

There.

Probably it isn't as good as I remember but it was exciting following the Amercian elections minute by minute for first time. The other threads mentioned here are way better than this. And I like especially the football thread too.

Thanks for posting. Very cool thread!

Sneakers to a wedding

Madison and Kevin arguing about metal detectors

Madison on 9/11

Nate as Justin Bieber

Oi bruv got a rizla?

Misers ass cancer

Thomas meadows calling Universal

These sound really interesting - we need to find the links!

Sneakers to a wedding

Madison and Kevin arguing about metal detectors

Madison on 9/11

Nate as Justin Bieber

Oi bruv got a rizla?

Misers ass cancerThomas meadows calling Universal

Maddys argument with P4A about New York and Queens was a good'un!

It took forever, but I actually found it! :lol:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/104631-what-are-your-favorite-accents/

• Like 1

:o

To call it this:

cats_fighting_102006_5.jpg

Wouldn't do it any justice...it was more like this...

catfight.jpg?w=300&h=200&crop=1

I always wondered why you had "Not from Queens" in your profile...and I think you explained it to me...but I never realized how serious that thread got! Wow! :awesomeface:

Definitely Hall of Fame worthy!!

• Like 2

To call it this:

I always wondered why you had "Not from Queens" in your profile...and I think you explained it to me...but I never realized how serious that thread got! Wow! :awesomeface:

:lol: ! Nice!

Yes, that thread got a little crazy. There's a post in there from HRS that is pure gold! And that last post by Madison pretty much sums up what she was like to deal with. How anyone can say they miss her as an admin here is beyond my comprehension.

To call it this:

:lol: ! Nice!

Yes, that thread got a little crazy. There's a post in there from HRS that is pure gold! And that last post by Madison pretty much sums up what she was like to deal with. How anyone can say they miss her as an admin here is beyond my comprehension.

That thread sums up Maddy very well and how she was selective in her reading, claiming you lived in Queens because you were born there and refusing to acknowledge she was wrong as you dont live there.

That thrad was pretty fucking funny!

P4A: I was born in Queens but raised and live in Manhattan.

Madison: So you live in Queens then?

P4A: M-A-N-H-A-T-T-A-N!!!!!

Madison: So, Queens then?

P4A: Give me fucking strength!

:lol:

• Like 3

LOL that thread was hilarious! :lol: I can´t believe I missed it. Typical Madison attitude, twisting people´s words instead of admitting she was wrong and once she can´t find any more excuses to support her claims she locks the topic so that no one can respond and she is left with the last word. P4A, you were lucky she didn´t ban you for disagreeing with her :P.

We have a joke here that is used when someone gets on your nerves: "God, give me some patience because if you give some strength..."

P4A: I was born in Queens but raised and live in Manhattan.

Madison: So you live in Queens then?

P4A: M-A-N-H-A-T-T-A-N!!!!!

Madison: So, Queens then?

Typical Maddy though isn't it? Refuse to acknowledge she is wrong, keep pushing to try and get the other person really angry and when they snap suspend/ ban them for being rude and attacking her. How P4A managed to stay so composed and not get too angry I'll never know.

Typical Maddy though isn't it? Refuse to acknowledge she is wrong, keep pushing to try and get the other person really angry and when they snap suspend/ ban them for being rude and attacking her. How P4A managed to stay so composed and not get too angry I'll never know.

I just found it hysterical that she consistently refused to admit she was wrong despite P4A literally spelling out on a number of occasions that she didn't live in Queens. :lol: