Fracking Protests As People Concerned Over The Fracking Environment

Snake-Pit

At least it's not in the 'desolate North East'. :P

We all know we've been consuming far too much for far too long, people shouldn't get shocked that they're going to feel the repercussions of their actions further down the line. No, it's not pleasant that it's near someone's homes, and that it causes environmental damage. As long as fuel comes from Asia it's ok, but taking steps towards a self-suddiciency and industry, then it's a massive problem?

Edited by Gracii Guns

People don't want polluted drinking water? How dare they!?

These people don't want water of any kind by the look of most of 'em. Wave a bar of soap at 'em and it's problem solved. Bet you won't see the scruffy fuckers for dust! :lol:

These people don't want water of any kind by the look of most of 'em. Wave a bar of soap at 'em and it's problem solved. Bet you won't see the scruffy fuckers for dust! :lol:

You know, whatever they look like and real intentions are, it's not wrong to give this subject some attentions every now and than.

You know, whatever they look like and real intentions are, it's not wrong to give this subject some attentions every now and than.

I know they mean well but I just want to tear gas the lot of 'em. If that makes me a bad person then so be it. :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

whats fracking?

It's where they pump water into rock deep underground at very high pressure. This ruptures the shale layers and releases deposits of natural gas.

Eh? :lol:

whats fracking?

It's where they pump water into rock deep underground at very high pressure. This ruptures the shale layers and releases deposits of natural gas.

Eh? :lol:

It's another method of producing gas for home and business use Marigold my dear. There have apparently been issues with unpleasant environmental impact as a result when it's been tried elsewhere hence the beardy brigade's involvement.

Why would it effect the envoirnment? It's just water innit, it's not like drilling or nothing.

There were reports of little housewives in the US seeing jets of flame shooting out of the plugholes in the kitchen sink and shit like that.

Edited by Dazey

So from your like, knowing about science stuff perspective, is it good or bad or...?

I really don't know enough about the ins and outs of it to pass comment but I'm sure like any new technology there's going to be teething problems. At the end of the day though if we ain't gonna all start sticking windmills and solar panels on our houses then we need to investigate alternative sources of energy. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

Wow...OK, that can't be good.

Thing is that it's an industrial process and industrial processes tend to involve the use of nasty chemicals. The question is whether or not it can be done safely or not without allowing these chemicals to cause contamination to water courses and the like.

All reports of "flammable water" or even brown or discolored water were found to be COMPLETE bullshit.

Lol ratbrain. That list could be picked apart.

Let's see, baking soda, hydrochloric acid (toilet bowl cleaner anyone?), antifreeze.

Also...isopropanol and isopropyl alcohol are the same thing. Herr derr.

Shit, there's more hazardous chemicals in most food in the supermarket.