Fracking Protests As People Concerned Over The Fracking Environment

Snake-Pit

Why would it effect the envoirnment? It's just water innit, it's not like drilling or nothing.

There were reports of little housewives in the US seeing jets of flame shooting out of the plugholes in the kitchen sink and shit like that.

Yes BUT! This is from a problem that's been hassling people in Colorado anyway with reports predating fracking in the 1950s...

I'm not saying fracking's a great answer to energy prices or the environment but I'm just saying I don't think anyone's going to be getting flammable liquid gushing from their taps in England because of it.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Wow...OK, that can't be good.

Thing is that it's an industrial process and industrial processes tend to involve the use of nasty chemicals. The question is whether or not it can be done safely or not without allowing these chemicals to cause contamination to water courses and the like.

Yes, that is the question. If anything, it needs to be closely regulated and severe penalties imposed if procedures are violated, etc.

Will it create jobs?

Or, is this just us testing and no one's agreed nothing yet?

Fracking... In Sussex of all places, IDK... I just assumed 'up north' - but, like, The Midlands lol, I'm 'down south' so IT ALL pretty much is north to me.

Will it create jobs?

Fracking... In Sussex of all places, IDK... I just assumed 'up north' - but, like, The Midlands lol, I'm 'down south' so IT ALL pretty much is north to me.

When they started doing it in my home-state of Pennsylvania, initially it did create jobs but only for a few years. Once the wells are dug, pipes implanted, etc....it's really just maintenance from that point forward...so most of the jobs are laid off or moved, etc.

Edited by Kasanova King

Guest Len B'stard

I heard people in America don't drink tap water in general, as in never have done, cuz there's something dodgy with the water over there.

I heard people in America don't drink tap water in general, as in never have done, cuz there's something dodgy with the water over there.

It really depends on where you live. Believe it or not, years ago they had a national blind test on different water, from around the country/world. Everything from high priced bottled water like Evian to local city tap water. Guess what won?

New York City tap water

For example, when I lived in Pennsylvania, the tap water tasted fine and was good to drink. Now that I am in Florida, I prefer to drink bottled or filtered water because the water here is harder (contains more minerals) and doesn't taste as good. But other than the taste, it's still perfectly fine to drink.

lol you go drink some antifreeze and let us know how you get on, its sweet to taste, go ahead try it.

I wouldn't drink hydrochloric acid either you retard. But contact with them and their use in industry is nothing new.

You would if you thought it would make people think you're cool.

lol you go drink some antifreeze and let us know how you get on, its sweet to taste, go ahead try it.

I wouldn't drink hydrochloric acid either you retard. But contact with them and their use in industry is nothing new.

I'm running a plant that feeds hydrazine (highly carcinogenic) and sodium hydroxide (highly corrosive) into a process manufacturing medical and food grade glycerine for human consumption. Sounds bad no? Well it would if you didn't have a clue about how chemical processes worked but when you consider that all the harmful elements either decompose or are reduced to parts per billion levels by the time it reaches the customer it's really no big deal. Nasty chemicals are used all the time in the manufacture of the things you use every day but people in the industry aren't stupid and have to follow the most ridiculously stringent guidelines to even be allowed to operate. Fuck me we even have to have a Rabbii physically come to site once a year and put a blessing on our plant (at great cost obviously :rolleyes: ) so we can sell product as kosher approved. :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

I haven't read all the responses, but hydraulic fracturing of rock units, to increase permeability, has been done millions of times over the last 60+ years... safely.

The anti-science no-frac reactionary ideologues use the same tactics as Young Earth Creationists, i.e, half-truths, non-truths, and out right lies!

It reminds me of Spain. In Spain you do not drink the tap water as it gives you the eartha kitts.

The best water I've had is essentially spring water (out of the tap though) from the Gran Sasso, in Italy. It's an enormous spring that is sent into the pipe system and leads to thousands of homes and fountains throughout the region. Exceptionally good water.

Will it create jobs?

When they started doing it in my home-state of Pennsylvania, initially it did create jobs but only for a few years. Once the wells are dug, pipes implanted, etc....it's really just maintenance from that point forward...so most of the jobs are laid off or moved, etc.

The Marcellus plays saturated the market... for now, but once the price rebounds, expect growth.

It reminds me of Spain. In Spain you do not drink the tap water as it gives you the eartha kitts.

The best water I've had is essentially spring water (out of the tap though) from the Gran Sasso, in Italy. It's an enormous spring that is sent into the pipe system and leads to thousands of homes and fountains throughout the region. Exceptionally good water.

It isn't treated??? Good lord!

tap though) from the Gran Sasso, in Italy. It's an enormous spring that is sent into the pipe system and leads to thousands of homes and fountains throughout the region. Exceptionally good water.

:lol:

No, doesn't need to be. It's very pure and clean...best water you'll ever drink. The source is a 11,000 foot mountain...it's as pure and clean as any water from the earth...:)

tap though) from the Gran Sasso, in Italy. It's an enormous spring that is sent into the pipe system and leads to thousands of homes and fountains throughout the region. Exceptionally good water.

The source is a 11,000 foot mountain...it's as pure and clean as any water from the earth... :)

I will buy that from you. How much?

All reports of "flammable water" or even brown or discolored water were found to be COMPLETE bullshit.

Lol ratbrain. That list could be picked apart.

Let's see, baking soda, hydrochloric acid (toilet bowl cleaner anyone?), antifreeze.

Also...isopropanol and isopropyl alcohol are the same thing. Herr derr.

Shit, there's more hazardous chemicals in most food in the supermarket.

There are a lot of documentaries and articles easily found on youtube and the internet about the environmental hazards of fracking.

Go watch the documentary "Gasland" if you think it is harmless.........

They are pumping

All reports of "flammable water" or even brown or discolored water were found to be COMPLETE bullshit.

Let's see, baking soda, hydrochloric acid (toilet bowl cleaner anyone?), antifreeze.

There are a lot of documentaries and articles easily found on youtube and the internet about the environmental hazards of fracking.

Didn't watch it, but reactionary bullshit most likely.

Waterfalls burning: http://nyfalls.com/waterfalls/eternal-flame-falls/

^^^ Natural methane seeps from Devonian shales in Upstate New York.

Actually CR, Gasland is complete and utter bullshit. The director outright uses false information, which has been discredited, and in the documentary I watched, the director tries to talk to the gasland guy and he gets thrown out of a hotel. Gasland is bullshit propaganda.

Actually CR, Gasland is complete and utter bullshit. The director outright uses false information, which has been discredited, and in the documentary I watched, the director tries to talk to the gasland guy and he gets thrown out of a hotel. Gasland is bullshit propaganda.

Of course it is because it sounds like you don't believe there is any hazards associated with fracking.....if you don't like that documentary there is plenty of evidence elsewhere o the internet related to the environmental hazards of fracking. Reminds me of the opponents to global warming trying to discredit the science even though the majority of scientists have come out in support of the theory....

Didn't watch it, but reactionary bullshit most likely.

Waterfalls burning: http://nyfalls.com/waterfalls/eternal-flame-falls/

^^^ Natural methane seeps from Devonian shales in Upstate New York.

So how do you explain the fact that it has been documented that there was no methane issues in some of the drilling areas until after the fracking drilling was performed? You also ignore the documented health issues of the people near to where the fracking wells were drilled until after the drilling happened.......

I am not an expert in this area and call me crazy but seems logical to me that if you are pumping hazardous chemicals under high pressure several thousand feet under the ground some of them are bound to find their way into the aquifer and into peoples drinking water which could have a negative impact on their health...........