Why I feel Team Brazil / Axl have let the fans down.

Towelie

Looking back on the "ask Axl 5 questions" debacle that was brushed off so readily by GNR's Twitter, I really feel like Team Brazil (or Axl) have let the fans down on this.

We weren't asking for a release date, most of us accept that new music isn't on the horizon anytime in the near future. All we want to know is that a new album will eventually be released at some point, whether it's next year or 2018 (more likely sadly).

Couldn't Axl have at least confirmed that much? I understand the reluctance to raise people's hopes in case plans change. This has happened in the past and then held against Axl when things fail to materialise, so I get why they wouldn't want to make any promises. But all we ever wanted to hear was something like "recording new music is still a goal for this lineup. It will come when it's ready." That would've sufficed. Would that have been so hard??

Edited by Towelie

I did find that response dismissive, but their response leaves people guessing maybe there is still a chance for new music

I think "recording new music is still a goal for this lineup. It will come when it's ready." would have been a good response, but Team Brazil isn't exactly known for their pr skills

"Complaints complaints complaints" :rolleyes:

3. Rose Is Shopping for a New Label Deal

Geffen released Chinese Democracy via an exclusive deal with Best Buy that was a total bust. But Axl isn't done with the label system just yet. "Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to, and to use Guns N' Roses to do so," he said, later adding, "We're gonna be busy we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

Axl 12/2012

3. Rose Is Shopping for a New Label Deal

Geffen released Chinese Democracy via an exclusive deal with Best Buy that was a total bust. But Axl isn't done with the label system just yet. "Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to, and to use Guns N' Roses to do so," he said, later adding, "We're gonna be busy we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

Axl 12/2012

There, he said it. New music will come eventually.

The worst thing about Team Brazil being GN'Rs management, is that there's no one there to tell Axl the truth, and how it REALLY is. A managers job is to tell you when your doing things wrong, or to tell you to get your ass in gear. The reality is that no one from Team Brazil will do that, so I don't think it's the best thing for GN'R to have a manager from within the camp.

Edited by One.In.A.Million
  • Like 1

When you take an objective look at all of this...its easy to see why the fucking world has become a bunch of sniviling whiners with nothing but grandious senses of entitlement. In the modern era there are litterly hundreds of thousands of ways to distract and or entertain yourselfs without getting suicidal and depressed because Axl and his crew dont etertain you to your esteemed selves.

Do i think they screw the pooch myself? absolutely but my life and its well being doesnt hing on rather Axl gets another album out...and moreso lately if its to be more of the CD type of material forthcoming.

I am perfectly content to let it ride out and remind myself as the Robert Frost poem says "Nothing Gold Can Stay"

Perhaps we are the only ones in a frenzy about the vaunted GNR legacy. That era of 87-93 will always stand as the great and glorious years of GNR. From here on out GNR is just what it is and that is this model and level of "fame" . If by some chance the man comes out and throws a hail mary pass and GNR blaze up the world again..Bravo all the nicer for me and the world to enjoy something unique and fun! But frankly there comes a time you have to stop grieving and mourning for what IS . was and what can never be again.

It is a stretch of Reed Richards proportions to suggest that people are suicidal and depressed sniveling whiners unable to find other avenues of entertainment, simply because they would like to hear songs they have heard about for 14 fucking years.

If you don't want to discuss Guns n' Roses, might I suggest not posting and complaining about it on a band message board? After all, there are literally hundreds of thousands of other ways to entertain yourself.

It is a stretch of Reed Richards proportions to suggest that people are suicidal and depressed sniveling whiners unable to find other avenues of entertainment, simply because they would like to hear songs they have heard about for 14 fucking years.

If you don't want to discuss Guns n' Roses, might I suggest not posting and complaining about it on a band message board? After all, there are literally hundreds of thousands of other ways to entertain yourself.

Im just saying that some of this constant "im so butthurt that team Brazil and Axl dont blow me regularlly and often" thread after thread after thread gets some people out there so fanatical that it appears pathetic. Read some of them...entitlement to the living definition....depressed and sad and perhaps not suicidal but damn near sounding like it.. AS IF thier very well being and lives revolved around GNR and its pathetic little drama of silence. THe crux of the point is see it for what it is was and will never be...it has never been a fan bonanza by any stretch of the imagination with this band. Im right there shoulder to shoulder with many of you and even voice my sniviling whinning sense of indiginity about this shit-HENCE why i took an objebtive view on it all...Really? Really when did I get so fucking desperate that I had to whine about something like a retro rock band for my happiness and contentment?????

there are other venues of course. Ill discuss anything anywhere from what ever angle it calls for with GNR...and rather my opinion has weight with others of similar merit all the better..if not its just mindless fun done killing time.

Ya know once we fans have rioted and torn up the scene metaphorically speaking because Axl and Team Brazil didnt meet our expectations ...we sometimes come across as entitled fucking assholes...and If it was in team Brazil or camp Axl id say fuck you grow up people and move on. Thats all...not personal attacks on any one person just a comment.

I get where you're coming from, and I can see that from their perspective they must feel there's a lot of negativity in the community. So many complaints, complaints, complaints ...

But then you look at the band's track record since Axl took control of the ship. It is laughable. Actually quite amazing that any of us are still here or that anybody still cares.

Quite simply put, it is not entitlement to expect a band to release more than 1 album in 20 years, especially after having spent a decade in the studio.

Perhaps we are the only ones in a frenzy about the vaunted GNR legacy. That era of 87-93 will always stand as the great and glorious years of GNR. From here on out GNR is just what it is and that is this model and level of "fame" . If by some chance the man comes out and throws a hail mary pass and GNR blaze up the world again..Bravo all the nicer for me and the world to enjoy something unique and fun! But frankly there comes a time you have to stop grieving and mourning for what IS . was and what can never be again.

I don't know if anyone cares about the legacy, so much as wanting to hear things they might enjoy. And also some frustration likely mixed in.

In an era of self publishing, digital recorders everywhere (look at one man mutiny, they recorded it in a hotel restaurant apparently), and with that talent pool in GnR now - why it's not one song after another being released on a regular basis I don't get, and I'm sure many others are scratching their heads. I'm sure each of the members has a home studio (or a laptop) that is technically superior by a factor of about 1000 over what was used to record Appetite, Chinese democracy, or any Beatles song for that matter. Even Chinese Democracy was recorded early 2000's - it's 2013 now, that's a long long time when you're talking technology.

The old days of putting out a coherent 'album' are gone.

Edited by kbirdie76

The worst thing about Team Brazil being GN'Rs management, is that there's no one there to tell Axl the truth, and how it REALLY is. A managers job is to tell you when your doing things wrong, or to tell you to get your ass in gear. The reality is that no one from Team Brazil will do that, so I don't think it's the best thing for GN'R to have a manager from within the camp.

But it's not like Axl listened to unbiased management when he had it. They just got canned. Goldstein, Merck, Azoff and the million dollar lawsuit that went along with that. I believe TB took over because Axl had gone through 2 managers in like 1 month or something. What difference would it make, besides pissing Axl off and perhaps slowing down the band even more?

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

I get where you're coming from, and I can see that from their perspective they must feel there's a lot of negativity in the community. So many complaints, complaints, complaints ...

But then you look at the band's track record since Axl took control of the ship. It is laughable. Actually quite amazing that any of us are still here or that anybody still cares.

Quite simply put, it is not entitlement to expect a band to release more than 1 album in 20 years, especially after having spent a decade in the studio.

That i definately agree with. That probably is the biggest bitch i have is the wasted time and the lost oppourtunity to get ANYTHING out.

Looking back on the "ask Axl 5 questions" debacle that was brushed off so readily by GNR's Twitter, I really feel like Team Brazil (or Axl) have let the fans down on this.

We weren't asking for a release date, most of us accept that new music isn't on the horizon anytime in the near future. All we want to know is that a new album will eventually be released at some point, whether it's next year or 2018 (more likely sadly).

Couldn't Axl have at least confirmed that much? I understand the reluctance to raise people's hopes in case plans change. This has happened in the past and then held against Axl when things fail to materialise, so I get why they wouldn't want to make any promises. But all we ever wanted to hear was something like "recording new music is still a goal for this lineup. It will come when it's ready." That would've sufficed. Would that have been so hard??

It would be nice to know, or at least I'd be curious to know, in what direction they are leaning for the next record. Will it be to clear the decks and wrap up the CD era by releasing more of that material? Or, is the plan currently to scrap any and all material from that era and record a new batch of songs for the next record with this current lineup?

Ali

I don't know if anyone cares about the legacy, so much as wanting to hear things they might enjoy. And also some frustration likely mixed in.

In an era of self publishing, digital recorders everywhere (look at one man mutiny, they recorded it in a hotel restaurant apparently), and with that talent pool in GnR now - why it's not one song after another being released on a regular basis I don't get, and I'm sure many others are scratching their heads. I'm sure each of the members has a home studio (or a laptop) that is technically superior by a factor of about 1000 over what was used to record Appetite, Chinese democracy, or any Beatles song for that matter. Even Chinese Democracy was recorded early 2000's - it's 2013 now, that's a long long time when you're talking technology.

The old days of putting out a coherent 'album' are gone.

Im working with a young band and the shit they have at their disposal to record is amazing and so simple to use. From my era i think there are three cassette tapes of us jamming...these guys turn on the laptop and record every thing they do..im so envious of them. GNR in this format seem so lackluster ...all these resources and talent and yet nothing and it is mystifying why there isnt thousands of hours of even jam sessions out there by now.

How old are you people? You all must be pretty young. Things change when you get older. He doesnt want the things you want him to want. He doesnt want to be the biggest rock singer in the world. So he doesnt need a manager telling him what hes doing wrong. He doesnt need another manager trying to set up a huge pay day. He needs a manager that respects his wishes and makes it happen. He has that. Im happy for him.