The History of Punk Rock...next stop, Toronto

Zint

It's listed for sale now len, but hang on..it's Region 1 locked. That means you would need a universal dvd player to watch it.

Not a wise decision to not press region free discs, but they really hadn't considered it.

They are looking to release a digital version through Vimeo, so I'll keep you posted and you can get it through that when it comes out.

Unless of course, you have a universal dvd player.

I got a macbook, they all work on that right? Im gonna look into my shit.

Folk art my fuckin' arse :lol:

It's folk art, deal with it :lol:

Did you invent it? No, Were you a part of it? No...therefore you don't have any right to pontificate about it over and above those that did invent it, were a part of it and lived it as there lives. Based on that neither do i, when people like me and you wanna know what punk is we ask, we don't tell.

'Folk art', it's precisely that kind of cobblers that punk took issue with :lol:

Folk art my fuckin' arse :lol:

It's folk art, deal with it :lol:

Did you invent it? No, Were you a part of it? No...therefore you don't have any right to pontificate about it over and above those that did invent it, were a part of it and lived it as there lives. Based on that neither do i, when people like me and you wanna know what punk is we ask, we don't tell.

'Folk art', it's precisely that kind of cobblers that punk took issue with :lol:

I go out to shop, and there it is.

Folk art is working man's art, I can't help it if everyone elses working art is hunters horses and ducks, but here it's punk rock.

Folk Art is a poncey way of attempting to make the already profound sound profound, when in reality all it is is a vagueness designed to contextualise that which the middle class have trouble reconciling themselves.

And it happens every time, this working class thing that they maligned and put down and tried to destroy they attempt to reconcile the history books with post mortem when they realised that although the movement ground to a halt its ideas were not going away.

It makes it cheap and puerile, this aint the electric billy bragg show. Folk art, yeah, i bet all the lads down The Roxy doing speed in the toilets were all about 'folk art' eh? :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

It's listed for sale now len, but hang on..it's Region 1 locked. That means you would need a universal dvd player to watch it.

Not a wise decision to not press region free discs, but they really hadn't considered it.

They are looking to release a digital version through Vimeo, so I'll keep you posted and you can get it through that when it comes out.

Unless of course, you have a universal dvd player.

I got a macbook, they all work on that right? Im gonna look into my shit.

That's a good point len..maybe a region 1 disc WILL play on your Mac in the the UK.

I have no clue if it will, maybe post the question in the Support section, someone might know.

It would be cool if it worked because the dvd comes with a 24 page booklet as well.

• 4 months later...