Band/Management Personal Info - Don't post this

highvoltage

Guys, this is a serious issue. If you want to discuss the text and it's real - whatever, don't care. I'm not worried about it, but if publicly identifiable information is posted, it's a completely different story. The thread that was hidden contained a link to an external site where Beta had posted her personal phone number.

If you knowingly post Beta's (or anyone else's) personal info, it has the potential to make things very difficult for us. Management will come after our site relentlessly, and we'll all be worse off for it.

I'm all for standing our ground on important issues, and we will every step of the way... but this kind of thing is asking for trouble that we can't afford and don't need. We won't censor the discussion, but posting the personal information is not acceptable and can't continue.

I hope everyone can understand and respect our position on this. Thankyou.

I tried to respond with this in the deleted thread.

I hope that was her text. This band has to produce the lulz. They're good for nothing else.

lol deleting the text from the locked thread.

Look, we deleted the text because I assumed it was fake. If it can be proved that it's not, it's a different story.
I get it to an extent, but you have to admit it's a markedly different stance than the one you guys took with the fake Izzy interview. Yes, yes, I understand, the universally respected media outlet GNR Facebook posted it, so it had to be real. Whocouldaknowed? :lol:

Sounds to me like the attorneys put the fear in you guys. Understandable. Seems like that's what this is really about though.

I tried to respond with this in the deleted thread.

I hope that was her text. This band has to produce the lulz. They're good for nothing else.

lol deleting the text from the locked thread.

Look, we deleted the text because I assumed it was fake. If it can be proved that it's not, it's a different story.
I get it to an extent, but you have to admit it's a markedly different stance than the one you guys took with the fake Izzy interview. Yes, yes, I understand, the universally respected media outlet GNR Facebook posted it, so it had to be real. Whocouldaknowed? :lol:

Sounds to me like the attorneys put the fear in you guys. Understandable. Seems like that's what this is really about though.

I actually never realised the Izzy interview was fake (until you and someone else just told me) - I didn't keep a close eye on the thread besides the first reading. :shrugs:

The fact that attorneys are brought into the picture at the drop of a hat has something to do with it, sure. Initially that was an issue because I thought the text was fake. Now it's an issue because people have been posting a phone number to prove that it wasn't.

If there's ever an incident worth fighting for, we'll fight for it. This just isn't a fight I'm willing to tempt or invite.

100% understand regarding the contact info. Not so sure about deleting the text. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think they'd have a legal leg to stand on against you guys just cuz someone posted an alleged (and now looking more and more legitimate) text.

What did the text say exactly?

It said verbatim:

"I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

Edited by WhazUp

It said verbatim:

"I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

Thanks for that.

It said "L", not "MSL". Quit making things up.

Did you see the picture that was posted? There were two "text bubbles" sent by Beta (allegedly sent rather), the first ending with MS and the first starting with L. Hence, "MSL"

Edited by WhazUp

So why is the thread still locked if its been proven that the text is real?

I guess I don't have an issue with the text being reposted with all the identifying information being stripped.

It does make me somewhat uncomfortable though, being a private message and all, but it's out there now. :shrugs:

So why is the thread still locked if its been proven that the text is real?

I guess I don't have an issue with the text being reposted with all the identifying information being stripped.

It does make me somewhat uncomfortable though, being a private message and all, but it's out there now. :shrugs:

Respect.

It said "L", not "MSL". Quit making things up.

Did you see the picture that was posted? There were two "text bubbles" sent by Beta (allegedly sent rather), the first ending with MS and the first starting with L. Hence, "MSL"
I saw it but don't recall. If that's the case then accept my apologies.

It said verbatim:

What was the fun people begging for new music?

• Like 2

Guys, this is a serious issue. If you want to discuss the text and it's real - whatever, don't care. I'm not worried about it, but if publicly identifiable information is posted, it's a completely different story. The thread that was hidden contained a link to an external site where Beta had posted her personal phone number.

If you knowingly post Beta's (or anyone else's) personal info, it has the potential to make things very difficult for us. Management will come after our site relentlessly, and we'll all be worse off for it.

I'm all for standing our ground on important issues, and we will every step of the way... but this kind of thing is asking for trouble that we can't afford and don't need. We won't censor the discussion, but posting the personal information is not acceptable and can't continue.

I hope everyone can understand and respect our position on this. Thankyou.

Are you saying "if you want to discuss the text and if it's real" or are you confirming it is real? How would one confirm it is real anyway?

Ali

As much as I enjoyed listening to Going Down, I would never have leaked it if I happened to have it... This is just a perfect example of an upset minority ruining it for the majority... like in everything.

What exactly was ruined? I'm not too convinced we'd officially hear it this century anyway...