Band/Management Personal Info - Don't post this

highvoltage

As much as I enjoyed listening to Going Down, I would never have leaked it if I happened to have it... This is just a perfect example of an upset minority ruining it for the majority... like in everything.

What was ruined exactly?

I dare you to say new album. :lol:

Coma beat me to it. :(

Edited by magisme

As much as I enjoyed listening to Going Down, I would never have leaked it if I happened to have it... This is just a perfect example of an upset minority ruining it for the majority... like in everything.

What exactly was ruined? I'm not too convinced we'd officially hear it this century anyway...

Most people also thought that Chinese Democracy would never be released...

• Like 1

So why is the thread still locked if its been proven that the text is real?

I guess I don't have an issue with the text being reposted with all the identifying information being stripped.

It does make me somewhat uncomfortable though, being a private message and all, but it's out there now. :shrugs:

Her fault for stupidly sending texts like that to Joe Schmo. I understand why you'd be legally concerned, but how dumb and naive can this broad get? Jesus. Anyways, from what I posted on thegnrforum...

I said from day one when these craptacular songs (except for going down) leaked that MSL was probably gonna get fucked.

Dumbass pretty much told everybody the day before it leaked that it was gonna leak soon. Whether he actually leaked it himself or not, he knew who did, and that was a no no with the FBI based on his story.

Checked his shitty site, and he has been noticeably mum on the whole thing, and acting kinda sketchy. Whether you like or hate MSL, the guy played his hand stupidly in this scenario.

Should be a hilarious few weeks :lol:

What exactly was ruined? I'm not too convinced we'd officially hear it this century anyway...

Most people also thought that Chinese Democracy would never be released

Apples and oranges. Completely.

Edited by Bobbo

Guys, this is a serious issue. If you want to discuss the text and it's real - whatever, don't care. I'm not worried about it, but if publicly identifiable information is posted, it's a completely different story. The thread that was hidden contained a link to an external site where Beta had posted her personal phone number.

If you knowingly post Beta's (or anyone else's) personal info, it has the potential to make things very difficult for us. Management will come after our site relentlessly, and we'll all be worse off for it.

I'm all for standing our ground on important issues, and we will every step of the way... but this kind of thing is asking for trouble that we can't afford and don't need. We won't censor the discussion, but posting the personal information is not acceptable and can't continue.

I hope everyone can understand and respect our position on this. Thankyou.

Are you saying "if you want to discuss the text and if it's real" or are you confirming it is real? How would one confirm it is real anyway?

Ali

I agree it can be argued that its difficult to prove that any text message posted on the internet is real.

However, something has been shared with me privately that indicates the text is real, so I'm fine with it being posted and discussed.

"Everyone took the fun out of everything"? What fun? The constant touring? The same setlists? The lack of interviews with the person in charge of the band? The endless wait for new material either live or in a studio format? Laughable.

Guys, this is a serious issue. If you want to discuss the text and it's real - whatever, don't care. I'm not worried about it, but if publicly identifiable information is posted, it's a completely different story. The thread that was hidden contained a link to an external site where Beta had posted her personal phone number.

If you knowingly post Beta's (or anyone else's) personal info, it has the potential to make things very difficult for us. Management will come after our site relentlessly, and we'll all be worse off for it.

I'm all for standing our ground on important issues, and we will every step of the way... but this kind of thing is asking for trouble that we can't afford and don't need. We won't censor the discussion, but posting the personal information is not acceptable and can't continue.

I hope everyone can understand and respect our position on this. Thankyou.

Are you saying "if you want to discuss the text and if it's real" or are you confirming it is real? How would one confirm it is real anyway?

Ali

I agree it can be argued that its difficult to prove that any text message posted on the internet is real.

However, something has been shared with me privately that indicates the text is real, so I'm fine with it being posted and discussed.

With all due respect, from my perspective, I see a situation where I could very easily change a contact's name to "Beta", send them the first text, and from their phone either have them send the 2nd text or send it myself from their phone and it could look very similar to the screen shot posted earlier.

I'm just having difficulty seeing how anything can connect the dots between that screen shot and Beta's phone number to verify it is real.

Ali

I feel bad for that. But YOU shouldn't post YOUR information on the Internet.

I agree - completely. But please show a little respect for our wishes and don't repost the personal info here. OK?

@Ali, I saw something completely seperate, written by Beta to another person, that seemed to acknowledge having sent the original text. It really does look like she sent that - an entirely bizarre response considering the benign nature of the message that was written to her to begin with.

I agree - completely. But please show a little respect for our wishes and don't repost the personal info here. OK?

@Ali, I saw something completely seperate, written by Beta to another person, that seemed to acknowledge having sent the original text. It really does look like she sent that - an entirely bizarre response considering the benign nature of the message that was written to her to begin with.

O.k. I was just trying to say that those screen shots in and of themselves can be faked, and rather easily in all honesty.

Ali

I agree HV. I just can't believe she would actually do that. I'm sorry for doing that though.

O.k. I was just trying to say that those screen shots in and of themselves can be faked, and rather easily in all honesty.

Ali

....Which is why I locked the thread in the first place. ;)

Ali

....Which is why I locked the thread in the first place. ;)

Understood.

If all the dots connect as you say it seems the anger is really directed towards who they suspect leaked the tracks, which in this case appears to be MSL. Which, is not to say he DID leak the tracks.

Ali

It does, but seeing as a pair of (direct quote) "assholes" run MYGNR since the takeover, I think it's safe to say it's not just MSL she doesn't like.

Wait she called you guys assholes? Do you know anything as to why she particularly feels this way towards you guys?

Wow money maybe going to her head and that head will no doubtably get bigger touring with a covers setlist. Do something new gnr we're bored.axl needs a manager who will kick his ass unfortunately he's broken down relatonships with many of the best managers out there and who wants tonwork with him anymore